Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The year before last year, there were no discounts in the spring and the summer. In the fall and winter, more discounts appeared. I wouldn't give up hope for discounts in fall and winter again.

Just about every cruise was discounted from Oct 2014 to May 2015. I think we all got used to it. In previous years it seems like the discounts were a little more sporadic. I'm with you I think the discounts will continue... maybe just not a frequent.

I agree some private discounts are probably going on somewhere, just not sure where. I have access to interline rates, which are only offered to airline employees. This is where cruise lines dump fares without the general public knowing. In fact my first Disney cruise was a interline on Magic (2011), I got a VGT for $1200 for 2, the cheapest rate on the DCL website was $2700, no GT/FLR/MTO offered to the general public.

Last year I never saw a interline rate while they were offering all of those GTs, but right now there are a few cruises with interlines. None of the ones being discussed here, though, and not the ones I am interested in :(.

BTW: I've never noticed a cruise line blocking off rooms and only offering them interline before, so I have a feeling they might be selling the blocks to some type of wholeseller or group travel company.

Just about every cruise was discounted from Oct 2014 to May 2015. I think we all got used to it.

Yeah - as some one who only started looking into DCL in 2013 and then followed this thread wholeheartedly from day one, I really thought it was a given.

I agree some private discounts are probably going on somewhere, just not sure where. I have access to interline rates, which are only offered to airline employees. This is where cruise lines dump fares without the general public knowing. In fact my first Disney cruise was a interline on Magic (2011), I got a VGT for $1200 for 2, the cheapest rate on the DCL website was $2700, no GT/FLR/MTO offered to the general public.

Last year I never saw a interline rate while they were offering all of those GTs, but right now there are a few cruises with interlines. None of the ones being discussed here, though, and not the ones I am interested in :(.

BTW: I've never noticed a cruise line blocking off rooms and only offering them interline before, so I have a feeling they might be selling the blocks to some type of wholeseller or group travel company.
There were lots of interline rates Fall 2014 and the first 5 months of this year. We sailed twice last Fall with them. They offered them in Jan April and May also. The baltic and norway cruises also had them. I think it had a lot to do with the Magic and Fantasy doing the same itenerary over the past year. The cruises just didnt sell. Vacations to go used to list them but Disneys not on thier website anymore. Perx also is good or just call dcl and ask. Its too bad you missed them because their has been lots of them the last 9 months. Im not expecting to see many in the future.

Justacruiser, any insight into whether or not there will be any MTO discounts for the Oct. 17th Fantasy cruise? I am booked on that cruise with a PIF date approaching on Aug. 3rd, but am hoping for some MTO discounts so that a military friend of mine and her son could join us on this cruise. TIA

There were lots of interline rates Fall 2014 and the first 5 months of this year. We sailed twice last Fall with them. They offered them in Jan April and May also. The baltic and norway cruises also had them. I think it had a lot to do with the Magic and Fantasy doing the same itenerary over the past year. The cruises just didnt sell. Vacations to go used to list them but Disneys not on thier website anymore. Perx also is good or just call dcl and ask. Its too bad you missed them because their has been lots of them the last 9 months. Im not expecting to see many in the future.

I used to use interlinetravel a lot, and I think they must've missed the Disney offers. I've started using perx a lot more lately. But right now interlinetravel shows 3 and Perx shows none, so who knows. I also tend to look over the European and short cruises, but I do remember seeing some offered on those.

Do you just call DCL and ask if they have any interline rates or do just call for specific dates? I've always just called about specific dates, usually after seeing them online.

Here is today's installment of discounts!

*GT (2)
Dream, 4-Night Bahamian Cruise 8/10/2015 VGT $2,686.00
Wonder, 14-Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 10/23/2015 IGT $3,374.00 OGT $3,850.00

MTO (1)
Wonder, 14-Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 10/23/2015 MTO/I 11B $3,094.00 MTO/O 9C $3,374.00

So, still working hard with the new work assignment. Trying to get on and check when I can. Thanks to everyone for keeping the thread going. So here is my 2 cents worth.

Look for increased discount offers to start showing up between now and 8/20. Then they should be sporadic thru 2/16. I am ready for my Fantasy 9/12/15 and 9/19/15 MTO/Verandah discount to come out! If it comes out that will be cruises 25 and 26 I and the DW's 30th. Wow! Only feels like 28!

Are you ready for some discounts!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to use interlinetravel a lot, and I think they must've missed the Disney offers. I've started using perx a lot more lately. But right now interlinetravel shows 3 and Perx shows none, so who knows. I also tend to look over the European and short cruises, but I do remember seeing some offered on those.

Do you just call DCL and ask if they have any interline rates or do just call for specific dates? I've always just called about specific dates, usually after seeing them online.

I call and ask if they have any interline rates. I called back in April they had the 2 Fantasy cruises in May, the Baltic, 7 and 9 night Norway, 5 night San Diego and Vancouver, and the Hawaii cruise this Sept. I booked the Hawaii cruise. They also had the July 18 Fantasy cruise, and the Dover to BCN. Vacations to go was pretty good about listing them, but last time I checked they had pulled Disney from their website. I have no idea why. Calling is the best. The rates will come out way before they hit any of the interline websites. Sometimes the rates go fast and sometimes they're around for weeks. I have only done 4 cruises with interline rates. The rest have been GT rates. You have to be really flexible to use the interline rates because they're very random, but they're great if you can get them. I always book directly through DCL.

Last edited:
I call and ask if they have any interline rates. I called back in April they had the 2 Fantasy cruises in May, the Baltic, 7 and 9 night Norway, 5 night San Diego and Vancouver, and the Hawaii cruise this Sept. I booked the Hawaii cruise. They also had the July 18 Fantasy cruise, and the Dover to BCN. Vacations to go was pretty good about listing them, but last time I checked they had pulled Disney from their website. I have no idea why. Calling is the best. The rates will come out way before they hit any of the interline websites. Sometimes the rates go fast and sometimes they're around for weeks. I have only done 4 cruises with interline rates. The rest have been GT rates. You have to be really flexible to use the interline rates because they're very random, but they're great if you can get them. I always book directly through DCL.

I'll have to start calling and just asking in general, thanks for the tip. I agree interline can be hard to use because of how random it is and sometimes the rates aren't really that great. Then other times the sky opens up and a great rate comes out right when I am thinking "man I need a cruise." I used to watch them like a hawk, but my new boss doesn't like me taking a week long vacation with 2 weeks notice anymore :(. I've also noticed the lines that post them more often, like RCL, have started posting them much earlier, but they aren't all that great of a deal, except on the long repo cruises that never fill up.

I'll have to start calling and just asking in general, thanks for the tip. I agree interline can be hard to use because of how random it is and sometimes the rates aren't really that great. Then other times the sky opens up and a great rate comes out right when I am thinking "man I need a cruise." I used to watch them like a hawk, but my new boss doesn't like me taking a week long vacation with 2 weeks notice anymore :(. I've also noticed the lines that post them more often, like RCL, have started posting them much earlier, but they aren't all that great of a deal, except on the long repo cruises that never fill up.

Glad I could help. The interline rates we have gotten have been very good..... by DCL standards. I'm sure they're nothing like what you see on other lines. They were coming out about 60 days before, but with the GT rates being released so late I have no idea what DCL has planned as far as future discounts. I'm glad we were able to take advantage of them while they lasted.

Last edited:
This is obviously just a theory but I think DCL is doing A LOT of private discounts right now to fill the September ships to keep the general public rates artificially high. I previously commented about the Sept 26 fantasy doing a cabin disappearing act within a couple of hours and the transatlantic is now sold out as of a week or two ago but when I had been looking there were a bunch still open (and I do the test reservations where you get to the select a stateroom part and don't just base it on number of categories).

There was also the other thread where the person reported a $500 fare for her family of four (tipping an infant thread). I think they way overshot on some of these fares and are trying to see if they keep the "expectation" of high fares will people go ahead and book instead of waiting for the GT rates. They said last year they were playing around with pricing structures and I think it got out of hand.

At this point some of these cruises are in the top end luxury cruise line bracket and while Disney is great, Crystery Cruise Line it is not. And, when I see trips around the world for only 3x more than a 7 day Alaska on the Wonder (albeit different staterooms) something has gone seriously off kilt.

As far as the $500 fare from a PP, I wouldn't put too much stock in that comment. I find the whole thing highly suspect. Having a friend who has access to discounts, this is highly improbable and even if it was, they would have been specifically not to broadcast it to anyone on the cruise and certainly not to anyone on a message board.

Justacruiser,

What are your thoughts on the 3 Oct Fantasy. We have just passed PIF date, I believe. It looks like there is still a lot of inventory. Would you think this could go MTO or at least *GT? We currently have a WDW trip booked, and if we are going to keep that instead of cruising I need to go ahead and get my armed forces salute tickets so that we can have the 60 day FP+ booking window.

Also, if you think this cruise will go MTO or *GT, would you wager a guess at the price point?

Thanks for all you do!

What is interline?

It is a discount that is only available to employees of airlines, kind of like a MTO rate. They can be 60-75% off the going rate, sometimes just a hundred off. The difference is you have to prove eligibility* to see the rates, so the general public has no idea. This is a way to dump fares without devaluing the cruise, like *GTs can. The best fares are almost always last minute, DCL is usually 4-6 weeks out, the really good rates on RCL may come out just 2 weeks out.

I think the idea is that airline employees are willing and able to fly anywhere with basically no notice and in fact many airline employees never plan vacations more than a few weeks out because they don't know how the flights will look.

http://www.airlineemployeecruisedeals.com/Airline-Employee-Cruise-Deals-on-Disney-Cruises.html
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custo...ly_asked_questions&faqId=236&faqSubjectId=321

*There are some sites out there that publicly post rates and if you call a cruise line and ask they'll tell you all about the rate without proof of eligibility.

BTW: You can also get interline rate on WDW resorts.

It is a discount that is only available to employees of airlines, kind of like a MTO rate. They can be 60-75% off the going rate, sometimes just a hundred off. The difference is you have to prove eligibility* to see the rates, so the general public has no idea. This is a way to dump fares without devaluing the cruise, like *GTs can. The best fares are almost always last minute, DCL is usually 4-6 weeks out, the really good rates on RCL may come out just 2 weeks out.

I think the idea is that airline employees are willing and able to fly anywhere with basically no notice and in fact many airline employees never plan vacations more than a few weeks out because they don't know how the flights will look.

http://www.airlineemployeecruisedeals.com/Airline-Employee-Cruise-Deals-on-Disney-Cruises.html
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custo...ly_asked_questions&faqId=236&faqSubjectId=321

*There are some sites out there that publicly post rates and if you call a cruise line and ask they'll tell you all about the rate without proof of eligibility.

They don't offer them at WDW anymore. Unless something has changed in the last couple of years. They still do at Universal. The rates are available for anyone to see on facebook, and many other sites. I don't think they're that much of a secret. I've only had to show eligibility to actually book one.

I booked an interline at WDW a few years ago, I guess I haven't looked since then. Interlinetravel and Perx both made me provide proof to get an account (airline e-mail address is what I used), a lot of the other ones require a login, but I haven't tried to see if they make you prove it. There are some that have public sites, but it is kind of hidden in plan site, since almost no one knows about the rates. The facebook pages I know of are kind of annoying to look at, since they are just posts in a feed. Got a link to a good one?

Here are some Disney ones I found on Facebook from April, for those interested: https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=dab77edf51c29233ba3b6829ab5a9fcd&oe=5649CF6A

EDIT: Looks like they went away at WDW in January of 2013, that is too bad they were great deals.

Last edited:
I booked an interline at WDW a few years ago, I guess I haven't looked since then. Interlinetravel and Perx both made me provide proof to get an account (airline e-mail address is what I used), a lot of the other ones require a login, but I haven't tried to see if they make you prove it. There are some that have public sites, but it is kind of hidden in plan site, since almost no one knows about the rates. The facebook pages I know of are kind of annoying to look at, since they are just posts in a feed. Got a link to a good one?

Here are some Disney ones I found on Facebook from April, for those interested: https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=dab77edf51c29233ba3b6829ab5a9fcd&oe=5649CF6A[/QUOTE

They discontinued them in 2013. We haven't been back since. There is a travel agency that your not supposed to mention on this site, but its called Magical vacations that has discounts better than the interline. If I ever make it back to WDW I'll use them.

Last edited:

Thank you!! I don't work for an airline unfortunately.....

What do y'all think the chances are for an MTO rate on either the 10/3 Fantasy or the 10/4 Magic? Family backed out of the WDW trip that week so we are looking at a cruise instead. Any thoughts?

What do y'all think the chances are for an MTO rate on either the 10/3 Fantasy or the 10/4 Magic? Family backed out of the WDW trip that week so we are looking at a cruise instead. Any thoughts?

I had the Oct 3 cruise booked with an OBB before I switched to the Hawaii cruise. It would cost about 1500 more now than when I originally booked it. The price has gone up a lot, but there's still a lot of availability... so hopefully you get your discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter