Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well on a personal note, finally pulled the trigger and booked a Fantasy Cruise next month for the DW and I 30th. Booked a 7A GTY and got a 5A on deck 9! Had a 10% off with a previous on-board booking and get a $200 OBC. Turned out ok! Plus I booked a MTO Oceanview for the PC in October. DW is nervous because we have never NOT had a balcony. Hopefully it will be fine! And...................... here are the discounts for today 8/27/2015! Some New MTO's, hopefully other type of discounts will follow!

Sorry you didn't get your September cruises, but, it looks like it worked out. Have a great anniversary cruise!

As for the oceanview on the Wonder, I think you might like it. We have done both veranda and oceanview and liked both. Are you on deck 2 or one of the higher decks? I actually like the oceanviews on deck 2 a little more than the higher decks. It's an interesting view being that close to the water, especially at night with the lights. It will be interesting viewing the locks with an oceanview too.

Sorry you didn't get your September cruises, but, it looks like it worked out. Have a great anniversary cruise!

As for the oceanview on the Wonder, I think you might like it. We have done both veranda and oceanview and liked both. Are you on deck 2 or one of the higher decks? I actually like the oceanviews on deck 2 a little more than the higher decks. It's an interesting view being that close to the water, especially at night with the lights. It will be interesting viewing the locks with an oceanview too.

I was worried about not having a verandah on our last cruise, but it was fine. We were on deck 5. Or upcoming cruise were on deck 2. The way prices are going up I'm happy to get any discounted room I can. I haven't sailed in an inside, and I don't think I'd like it, but if it's the only way I could afford to be on the ship I'd do it.

on deck 2

Well on a personal note, finally pulled the trigger and booked a Fantasy Cruise next month for the DW and I 30th. Booked a 7A GTY and got a 5A on deck 9! Had a 10% off with a previous on-board booking and get a $200 OBC. Turned out ok! Plus I booked a MTO Oceanview for the PC in October. DW is nervous because we have never NOT had a balcony. Hopefully it will be fine!

My inlaws booked MTO on the EBPC a few weeks ago. They had the same reservations about not having a balcony. My MIL was really concerned about 14 days. They found a really great group and I think it will be awesome for them.

I am shocked by the MTO prices. I am not a military spouse so I do not have anything to gain but I can't imagine there being many military families that could afford these rates. Maybe the top 20% in command. My understanding of the Military Appreciation Rates were they were designed to show gratitude to active duty and retired military. These rates seem to be almost disrespectful. Disney has a right to set their prices but if they want to offer an "honor/gratitude" rate I think it should be a rate that is appropriate for the honored population.

I am shocked by the MTO prices. I am not a military spouse so I do not have anything to gain but I can't imagine there being many military families that could afford these rates. Maybe the top 20% in command. My understanding of the Military Appreciation Rates were they were designed to show gratitude to active duty and retired military. These rates seem to be almost disrespectful. Disney has a right to set their prices but if they want to offer an "honor/gratitude" rate I think it should be a rate that is appropriate for the honored population.

So true! The military should get some oh so fab rates! I mean the last minute rates for the public are seeming to be a real joke now, but they should have better rates for MTO. Don't see us ever getting on another Disney boat, or at least anytime soon.

I believe they discount them a percentage off the current rate. I agree they are high so are the GT rates. We may see some better rates Nov through Feb. Hopefully. I'm hoping for a GT rate on the Feb 21 on the Wonder. My kid have some friends on that cruise. It's not a itinerary I'm particularly excited about so unless they drop the price considerably we wont be on the ship.

This is my exact opinion too! We were on deck two midship for the WBPC and it was PERFECT. I would do it again just like that. We spent canal day at the back of the ship at a table at Beach Blanket. We were able to zip up and down the stairs to the lobby so fast and get to deck two easily. Having the low window was great. A few times, we had dolphins jumping right outside our windows as we were getting ready for dinner...which we were then late for because we got distracted!!

They offer them to DoD employees as well, and they make $100,000+. They also allow retired personnel to sail and a lot of them work private sector and make great money. I do, however, agree with you though...the prices are a joke to an E3. Even with the discount, that is months and months and months of saving!!

They offer them to DoD employees as well, and they make $100,000+. They also allow retired personnel to sail and a lot of them work private sector and make great money. I do, however, agree with you though...the prices are a joke to an E3. Even with the discount, that is months and months and months of saving!!

This is an untrue statement. Some do, but certainly not all. Just as some, but not all military do.

The rules for military are some of the most stringent among the cruise lines. Most lines that offer the discounts give discounts to all who served with a greater than honorable discharge. For DCL you have to be have retired from active duty (like myself, 20.5 years) or be active duty. But I am one who appreciates a smile and thank you for serving. Some of the best moments for me is when a kid sees me wearing an Army hat and comes over to shake my hand. I didn't join the military to get a cheap DCL cruise. And, I understand that DCL is in business to make money. So, if they choose to offer me a discount on a sailing that is not selling well in the name of a Military Discount (MTO) I will be more than glad to accept.

By the way, most of those DoD employees (95%) do NOT make $100K, and if that is after they served 20+ years on Active Duty, who cares? Do you want DCL to review a W2 or our tax return along with my DD214 to see if I should get a discount?

Anyway, I appreciate all of you reviewing the site as often as you do. I will put out a update this afternoon!

By the way, most of those DoD employees (95%) do NOT make $100K, and if that is after they served 20+ years on Active Duty, who cares? Do you want DCL to review a W2 or our tax return along with my DD214 to see if I should get a discount?

I do not know what you are talking about. All I was doing was answering the question: Who in the military can actually afford an MTO discounted cruise and my answer was that DoD employees also qualify for those rates and those incomes can be $100,000+. I guess not including the word "can" got me in a lot of trouble but anyone that assumes that starting pay for the DoD is $100,000+ is just o_O.

The truth is, the real reason MTO rates are offered is so a cruise line can fill empty rooms without devaluing the product to the general public. The general public accepts that the MTO rates are somewhat lower than normal rates, but if they were half off it would massively devalue the product to the public, since the MTO rates are easily seen by all. The truly great deals are done out of the view of the general public. If it was truly an "appreciation" rate, it would be a nominal discount on every cruise, just like free bags at the airlines or 10% off at the local Subway.

Your post does demonstrate a problem with a company offering any military discount, though, someone never thinks it is enough. So instead of the discount helping the company's perception it hurts it. Notice you didn't complain about the hundreds of DCL cruises that currently have no MTO rate published.

The truth is, the real reason MTO rates are offered is so a cruise line can fill empty rooms without devaluing the product to the general public. The general public accepts that the MTO rates are somewhat lower than normal rates, but if they were half off it would massively devalue the product to the public, since the MTO rates are easily seen by all. The truly great deals are done out of the view of the general public. If it was truly an "appreciation" rate, it would be a nominal discount on every cruise, just like free bags at the airlines or 10% off at the local Subway.

Your post does demonstrate a problem with a company offering any military discount, though, someone never thinks it is enough. So instead of the discount helping the company's perception it hurts it. Notice you didn't complain about the hundreds of DCL cruises that currently have no MTO rate published.
I agree, but the hidden discounts arent that hard to find if you look for them. Theres a few websites where theyre clearly visible to the public. The cm discounts are the only that you really cant see.

I agree, but the hidden discounts arent that hard to find if you look for them. Theres a few websites where theyre clearly visible to the public. The cm discounts are the only that you really cant see.

Yes, hidden in plain view, but people don't know to go look for them to get upset. I just always assume CMs are Non-rev, which is probably not true.

Yes, hidden in plain view, but people don't know to go look for them to get upset. I just always assume CMs are Non-rev, which is probably not true.
I talked to one cms mom she said she was going to be on TA for 19.00 dollars a day. Sounds like they get some good discounts as they should. I have talked to cms on the ship they say that they get great discounts for their family to join them on the ship but they cant afford the airfare. Its unfortunate. Most of them are from foreign countries and airfare costs are high.

Last edited:
Just a heads up...the FLR and MTO rates on the 10/31 Fantasy Western Caribbean are now posted on the DCL website. You may want to snag those while they are still available. They were being offered for about a week now, but not officially advertised on the website until very late last night. I have been checking religiously for the past month now!!
Just wondering why they are only offering these discounts for a 5B room. (not that I'm complaining) I thought in the past there were more choices of cabin??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter