• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm on the sept 12 cruise and as shocked to see how sold out it is except veranda rooms.

I was keeping an eye on the 9/18 Dream but I would be surprised if it goes *GT. There is very little availability in a lot of the categories. Oh well, we will keep our current plan of going to the beach.

I was keeping an eye on the 9/18 Dream but I would be surprised if it goes *GT. There is very little availability in a lot of the categories. Oh well, we will keep our current plan of going to the beach.
Just noticed VGT gone from July 29th cruise....plus alot of categories gone:(

Anyone have any theories why there are no *GT rooms or why ALL cruises appear to be so full?

I just don't understand it. I guess the economy is better for a lot of people but who knows. With DCL pricing it just shocks me that they are filling like they are. We spend more on vacations than most people we know and my jaw still drops every time I price a non discounted sailing. I am about to book Oct 2016 and it will be about $8500 for the six of us...plus gratuities, onboard spending, shore excursions, and a night or two at wdw/mnsshp afterwards....well over $10k. I usually keep our annual Disney spending around $7k but we aren't able to go this year b/c we have a baby due in dec so I will have 2 years budgets to put towards it.

I am thinking they offered them to TA's or CM's at discounted rate on the July 29th. I went with a TA friend of mine one year on the last sailing in July. It was sooooo cheap!

I am thinking they offered them to TA's or CM's at discounted rate on the July 29th. I went with a TA friend of mine one year on the last sailing in July. It was sooooo cheap!

This is my guess as well. There was just too much availability. I am not sure DCL wanted to admit that the 5 night sailings were priced too high. Since they aren't offering them in 2016 they couldn't have been selling too well.

I am not surprised that the 3 night Dream sailing is so full in September. I don't believe there were *GT rates on those last year. I was still hoping though. :) DCL is higher than the other cruise lines but most cruise lines don't have short sailings that compare with DCL's quality.

We booked the Fantasy for January but I am not sure we are keeping it. Almost $1,500 over what we paid the same week last year. Last year the sailing went VGT which was about half of what the current rate is for the Fantasy. A lot of cabins were booked already so I would be surprised if it goes *GT this year.

This or the cast members family and friends discounts. I was keeping an eye on this cruise and did a couple of test bookings and you could still select specific staterooms in all the ocean view categories and two of the veranda categories. That was in the morning and then poof they were gone. I don't think 62 (my count of rooms I could pick in the different categories) people suddenly booked the cruise on their own in a 4 hour window when the rooms and prices hadn't moved in weeks.

my theory is that they don't want people to get used to the idea of the gt rates in the summer.

We are looking at the week of September 12th as well. But I think we are going to end up booking NCL Getaway today. The cost will literally be 1/3 the cost of the Fantasy, for something the KIDS will likely like just as much, if not more. I will miss the fact it isn't Disney, but I know we will have a lot of fun, and the kids will be over the moon and that is what is most important. I still can't believe Disney hasn't got some VGT rates out there, and the other deal is just too good to give up. A part of me is quite sad, but I just can't justify spending THREE times more. And some parts of the Getaway I think my kids will like even more (rock climbing, bungee trampoline, ropes course and zipline, five waterslides, etc). Plus I get to go to Nassau, as I've always wanted to go to Atlantis :)

Justacruiser - Do you think there is any possibility that the Oct 23 Panama Canal will go MTO?

And of course no FLR discounts at this time.

Hopefully some fall discounts will start coming out in early August. We can only hope!

We are thinking of jumping Disney ship for less expensive option of RC. It just doesn't seem like the *GT rates are going to happen for early Sept:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter