Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hayesfamof4, right there with you. We have the 6/12 cruise on the Dream booked, and we were hoping FLR rates would come out so we could have it applied. There are a lot of veranda rooms still left, yet they have not posted any for FLR rates. Not sure why.

We have been holding out for FL rates and haven't booked a week at Anna Maria Island. I am becoming more and more depressed that I may have made the wrong choice. However, I am not paying $4300 for a three night!!!

Unfortunately the MTO was a mistake on my part.

MTO - RATE
Fantasy, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise 6/20/2015 MTO/V 5A $3,259.00

MTO - PPP/PD
Fantasy, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise 6/20/2015 MTO/V 5A $220.00

sorry about that!
Where do you see this inifrmation? I looked on Disney site and didn't see this was available

OK, and a little bonus information....... More than likely we will be able to do the 9//5 Fantasy with a B2B on the 9/12. The 7-Night cruises involving Labor Day are usually less crowded with schools starting back. Of the 7 categories of Verandah rooms listed, NONE are in GTY status and 5 of the 7 have more than 8 rooms available. So, my plan will be to nab the 9/5 and 9/12 when they come open and see I can stay in the same room.
Thanks for the information. Congrats on your wedding anniversary. What is GTY again? I am new to this. also, is the MTO given first discount opportunity before FL residents ect... Also, wouldn't you think more rooms could open up on 9/12 cruise after the Pay in full date of 6/14? i currently have a verandah room booked but thinking of releasing and praying for MTO discount. Thank you for all your help!

Why have there been no FL rates? I have been patiently holding out... this is so disappointing. =(

Apparently they don't need the $$$$ the *GT, MTO and FLR discounts can offer right now. Almost all of the summer cruises are doing well. IMO in recent times they offer FLR discounts within a month of sailings during peak times like now. Hopefully there will be some discounts coming out this month. Not really counting on them though. IMHO!

We have been holding out for FL rates and haven't booked a week at Anna Maria Island. I am becoming more and more depressed that I may have made the wrong choice. However, I am not paying $4300 for a three night!!!
Anna Maria Island is so nice. We had a rental hour just off the beach there last year for a week and had a great time.

Hayesfamof4, right there with you. We have the 6/12 cruise on the Dream booked, and we were hoping FLR rates would come out so we could have it applied. There are a lot of veranda rooms still left, yet they have not posted any for FLR rates. Not sure why.

There is always a chance, you need to
Thanks for the information. Congrats on your wedding anniversary. What is GTY again? I am new to this. also, is the MTO given first discount opportunity before FL residents ect... Also, wouldn't you think more rooms could open up on 9/12 cruise after the Pay in full date of 6/14? i currently have a verandah room booked but thinking of releasing and praying for MTO discount. Thank you for all your help!

The GTY rate is for a particular room category that have limited rooms left. It is NOT discounted. I have seen where they sell more rooms for the GTY than rooms available. At that point, they SOMETIMES pixie dust folks. However, never purchase a GTY room with the intent of a pixie dust upgrade.

Yes, more rooms can become open after the PIF date, however people can still book between now and then cancelling out the number of open rooms. I think they have more movement at PIF with special cruises like the Hawaii, Europe, Panama Canal and Transatlantic.

I am in no way an expert or have any insider information on discounts. However, my opinion is that depending on availability the *GT allows for the masses to purchase numerous discounted rooms, the MTO to purchase many rooms, and the FLR to fill some rooms. The can also combine the discounts when they have a lot of openings. Also the MTO/FLR rates offer for specific room categories while the *GT is for the who type of room.

Regarding the 9/12 cruise, you can risk it and cancel. I don't think the price is going to jump because of sales. However, if they offer the *GT instead of a FLR rate, you might not get the same category you are in. Also, if you have MAIN dining, you could lose it. What is the difference the price you paid and the price now? If it's not much...... I would cancel and watch it. But that just MHO.

I reviewed the cruise date you are asking about. There are 9 room categories within the verandah room type. Only 3 (5A, 4E, and 4A) are not in the GTY status. It looks like a lot of rooms, but it is a tittle deceiving. I think if any discount, it will be a MTO for 5A and 4A. With the FLR discount, people in Florida are allowed to change their reservation to get the discount. I don't see them doing that for this cruise for the FLR.

OK, and a little bonus information....... More than likely we will be able to do the 9//5 Fantasy with a B2B on the 9/12. The 7-Night cruises involving Labor Day are usually less crowded with schools starting back. Of the 7 categories of Verandah rooms listed, NONE are in GTY status and 5 of the 7 have more than 8 rooms available. So, my plan will be to nab the 9/5 and 9/12 when they come open and see I can stay in the same room.

We love cruising over Labor Day! It's always one of the cheapest cruises we find in the year. I'm hoping for a FLR so we can go again! :)

Where do you find the MTO rates?

There are two methods:

method 1 (most people)
DisneyCruise.com
Search for a Cruise
Special Offers
US Military Rates

method 2 (what I do)
DisneyCruise.Com
Search for a Cruise
Place "MTO" in the Special Offers Available
Begin with Disney Dream (click)
Click the 1st month available (currently June)
Chick location of where do you want to go.
then "Check Availability"
(if there are offers for the specific location, date, ship.... the discount will pull up.

Then, select another where do you want to go, after all are selection go to the next month, for 4 continuous months and then finally to the next ship and start over, and over and over.

I do that for everything from *GT, MTO, FLR and CAN. That's why it takes about an hour everyday! Not to complain, but to explain my process. All the information I find is then put in a database I created that spits out my reports. Then I copy and paste for you all.

Just thought you might like to know. The method 1 is often lagging behind the offers I find in Option 2. That's why, hopefully I find you then best offers sooner. That is IF they are offering any, lol.

Thank you Justacruiser for doing this! I went on my first DCL cruise on the Fantasy a few weeks ago because of the GT rates you posted. :)

Thank you Justacruiser for doing this! I went on my first DCL cruise on the Fantasy a few weeks ago because of the GT rates you posted. :)
Yes thank you so much! Maybe we will both get on the 9/12 cruise with MTO! Sure hope so I cancelled mt cruise yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter