Grown up guest in princess costume

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by North of Mouse, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

At the MK a few days ago while waiting for the mid-day parade, there was a grown lady (definitely not a teen) in a princess costume. She looked so ridiculous, and out of place. Just wondered how she got in, or if she changed after entering the park, why didn't security confront her? Never saw anything like this before.

She was chatting with her family/friends as they waited and definitely knew what she was doing. Anyone else see this? We were near Sleepy Hollow snacks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

There's a long thread about a mysterious and uncanny Jack Sparrow running around the parks the last few weeks. Saw this guy myself on Star Tours and he was good. Apparently Disney has relaxed their rules regarding this behavior as long as the guests in question adhere to certain rules.

4. North of Mouse

Yes, we saw his *look alike* this past week (if this was the same guy). My dh spotted him in a QS place. I guess I was under the impression that the *magical* princesses were a different situation.

5. ShelsGoingToDisney

ShelsGoingToDisney DIS Veteran

Was she wearing a yellow ball gown (old prom type) dress? I saw a woman wearing that last week in the MK. I doubt anyone would confuse her for the real Belle. The only similarity was a yellow colored dress. She looked silly more than anything. If she changed once she got to the park she must have had a large bag to carry that dress in!

6. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

I think relaxing the rules is a bad idea.

7. North of Mouse

That could have been the same one - didn't get a full look at her close - like you say, she looked extremely silly to us.

It looked enough like a *frilly* princess gown that even my dh commented on it.

8. jamimb

jamimb DIS Veteran

What's the big deal? If this lady was having fun and not bothering anyone and didnt look like she could be confused for a real disney princess why begrudge her a little fun?? Ive seen some interesting fashion choices in the parks but to each his own!

9. TunaSled

TunaSled No Windows and No Doors

Pictures of these people, please! C'mon, we're all curious :)

10. jamimb

jamimb DIS Veteran

I pesonally would love to see the Jack sparrow look alike!

11. Finally08

Finally08 DIS Veteran

Oh what I wouldn't give to just wander around as Giselle any old day in the parks.....that was SO fun!

12. kaligal

kaligal DIS Veteran

Jeez. If that is true, all the freaks will show up wearing their Princess outfits and animal costumes.

13. Peter Fan

Peter Fan Peter Fan

My thoughts exactly! And wearing Mickey ears doesn't look silly??

14. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

No.

15. MinnieLee

MinnieLee DIS Veteran

Maybe she got her MNSSHP and her MVMCP party mixed up! :duck:

16. hidingmickey

hidingmickey wuteva

Why can't adults dress up? If the kids can have fun doing it, why not the adults? They do adults at pirate league and BBB? At Pirate league the adults can purchase costumes to wear as well as the kids. I don't believe bbb has adults gowns but kids bring their own in, why can't an adult? It is how she wants to spend her day. Shame it bothers you so much to ruin your day. I hope you don't wear Mickey ears or character garb on your shirt or jacket and someone else judges you for wanting to be in spirit of visiting Disney! How far you want to take that spirit is your choice so long a it doesn't break the rules. You didn't say she was signing autographs and you said (I believe as I cannot look back on my phone) she was surrounded by what appeared to be her family. Maybe she has a developmental delay and kid-like is her norm? How many other silly looking people have your seen at Disney really? Just this one?

17. thedonduck

thedonduck DIS Veteran

It is because people have gotten out of hand and signed autographs pretending to be the "real Belle", etc. It is a liability for Disney to allow such things to happen.

18. Peter Fan

Peter Fan Peter Fan

Yes it does look silly! But nobody cares! Thats the best part!

19. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

I've rarely seen any adults dressed up that actually look like the genuine characters. :confused3 Even during MNSSHP, people rarely look like the real Disney characters

20. WillAustin

WillAustin Can I be the mayor of Bitter Town?

I agree. It becomes an issue when a kid ends up asking, "Daddy, which character is that?" and tries to interact with them. A five year old being confused by guests in costume on a regular day is ultimately a problem for Disney.

21. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

I understand but I can only imagine an identical problem occurs during the Halloween Party too? :confused3 Even though it is a dress up party for all ages, it's difficult to explain this to a 3 year old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.