Group exercise classes

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by irishtwins1112, Feb 28, 2013.

1. irishtwins1112

irishtwins1112 Mouseketeer

I was just wondering how the group exercise classes are. On a few navigators I saw yoga, spin, and a group led run around the ship. Anybody want to share their experiences?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ImDMous

ImDMous DIS Veteran

My husband has done spin class on each of our cruises. He said it was a good workout in a great setting looking out over our docking in Nassau (on the Wonder).

4. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

I've only done the spin classes. Some of the other classes are right at 5pm and we always have main seating so that doesn't work. I love the spin classes on board. Something worth mentioning is that the classes always fill up but a lot of people don't show up so if you see that it is full go on the waiting list and show up in the morning to see if it is full. I went to a "full" class one morning and it was me and one other girl.

But definitely register. On my first cruise (Dream) I was first to register but when I got to the class every bike was taken except one (there were a few of us who were on the list without a bike). I went to get on the bike and I was told that it was being saved for someone(who of course was not registered) . I had to get the instructor to verify KTTW cards and room numbers. He had to ask serveral people to leave. It was embarrassing.

5. lpk29

lpk29 Earning My Ears

Where do you sign up for them? Is there a cost involved

6. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

either the fitness center or spa front desk will have the sheets. only cost for bootcamp and personal training.

7. calidoc2006

calidoc2006 Earning My Ears

I regularly spin at home so I am so excited that I will be able to do this on the cruise (especially to burn off a little of all that food at least!). Are the bikes compatible with spinning shoes or do they just have cages for regular tennis shoes? Thanks!