Ground transportation ????

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by luvmyprincess, Feb 25, 2010.

1. luvmyprincess

luvmyprincess Mouseketeer

Hi All,

I'm trying to get all this cruise planning figured out ...I know I've got a year, but I like to be prepared ...LOL... ;)

I'm understanding now that is best to fly in the day before . Don't know yet where we will stay ,leaning toward Orlando area.My question is, transportation to and from Orlando and Port Canaveral. We currently have Disney ground transefers scheduled. We would want to find some way to stop at store for supplies, at some point. Would we be better off getting a car service limo that would make such a stop? OR should we find some way to do it the night before and just go with Disney?

There is a total of 7 people that would be involved in this, and am starting to think that a limo would be cheaper???.... But if it is , is it smarter???? :confused:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

For 7 people a car service would definitely be cheaper....DCL transportation is $69 pp round trip so a car/limo service is much cheaper.

It is also smarter because you can tell the driver what time you want to picked up, they will make a grocery stop (most of them) and you don't have to rely on DCL bus times.

MJ

4. aurorafan65

aurorafan65 Mouseketeer

when we went last April we used s service instead of the DCL transfers - it was cheaper & a better deal since we were coming in the day before - we stayed at one of the hotels right by Port Canaveral. I just looked through my stuff from that trip - but of course can't find the name of the service. Many of the private services will make stops so you can pick up a case of water (or whatever) for the ship. I got a bunch of private service names either on this board or cruisecritc

Just to clarify - we did the service from the airport to the hotel & then after we debarked back to the airport. We used the shuttle service from the hotel to get to the ship. It was super easy.

5. luvmyprincess

luvmyprincess Mouseketeer

Thanks for looking for the names anyway !! I'm thinking it may be the way to go . If anyone can offer up some places to contact ,it would be greatly appreciated .:thanks:

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

FL limo, Tiffany limo, Happy limo, Southern Elegance, etc. There are lots of good limo companies and they will be much cheaper than DCL transfers. There are lots of hotels in the MCO area (we use Priceline to get a 2.5* with free breakfast and shuttle between MCO and the hotel). The limo service can pick you up there in the morning.

For 7, do not even consider DCL transfers--way too expensive!

7. classicdisney

classicdisney Earning My Ears

Hi, Hope this will help. Try going to Budget and rent a minipass van. Budget does not change a drop off fee.
    I am cruising in dec 2010 a one way van would cost $116 each way. I would think this would be cheaper then a limo, You can get discount codes off of mousesavers.com good luck. Also codes for Orlando (mco) to the Cape Canaveral (cc5):surfweb:

8. TheWog

TheWog <font color=indigo>The Curse has been Reversed<br>

Consider a 10 passenger van from the limo companies. They can hold you and all the luggage. Depend on how many bags you have a limo may not be able to do it without upgrading to an SUV limo. Just a thought. Van would also cost less, but would definitely not be as cool. If you stay at the MCO Hyatt they will take your bags for you and deliver DCL will bring them right to your stateroom so the limo would not be an issue. www.happylimo.com is who we used and had a great experience. www.mousesavers.com also has a discount code for r/t service. Good luck deciding.