Ground transportation in Miami

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by omalley1118, Mar 24, 2013.

1. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

Tis is probably somewhere Lready, but I wasn't sure where to look... We are going on the Magic out of Miami on November 6th. We will probably stay in Miami two night prior, just to spend time there. There will be four of us, two adults and two kids, 9 and 11. I saw that DCL ground transfers are $160. There must be a cheaper way to do this, right??? Any suggestions? We would need airport to hotel and then hotel to ship and ship to airport. Thanks in advance!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ChemGirl2000

ChemGirl2000 Earning My Ears

We booked Airport Shuttle Express. It was $180 (total) for us for all three of those legs, but we had an additional $20/leg -so $60 b/c we are renting car seats. There are 4 of us; 2 adults and 2 kiddos (6 yr and 2 yr). I have hears that taxis are about $25/leg. Hope that helps!

4. disneydreamer82

disneydreamer82 DIS Veteran

I definitely recommend SAS Transport for the airport to hotel and ship to airport portion of the trip! They are great, with great rates ($15 pp)!:thumbsup2

http://www.ridesas.com/index.html

And for the hotel to ship just grab a taxi van, super simple:goodvibes

5. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

We sailed from Miami a few years ago, well I guess a bit more. Maybe 2005 so I can't say from recent experience but this company is who we used and they were great. They were recommended by Happy Limo in Orlando. I called them because I was at a total loss as to who to choose from & this is who they recommended.
    http://bktt.com/fr_home.html

6. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

See, I knew asking the experts would be a good idea... Thank you so much for your suggestions!!!

7. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

Ps: SAS has some sort of permit issue now. They can only do travel that either starts or ends in Ft. Lauderdale, according to their website...

8. Goofy4Disney99

Goofy4Disney99 Mouseketeer

We're on the May PC cruise, staying in South Beach for three nights prior. Just booked sedan service from airport (meet and greet) to hotel and hotel to port through a company called Execucar. Never use them before but they were very pleasant on the phone. The cars accommodate 4 passengers plus luggage. Total cost with prepaid tip is under $200. Pretty steep, but I'll have peace of mind. Enjoy your cruise!!