Grosvenor Downtown Disney opinions please

GaTech

<font color=red>Just one of those days that the an
Has anyone stayed at the Grosvenor Downtown Disney? Any reviews/opinions would be appreciated.

Haven't stayed there, but just wanted to say we love their buffet, and use the restaurant.com 50% off coupon, in case you stay and want to eat there.

Stayed there a couple years ago with multiple families. Won't be going back. It was so worn down and outdated, fridge broken, did not get the rooms we were promised, sidewalks buckled....just overall run down. Every time we entered the lobby we were harassed by time share sales people. One of our families even left early they were so disappointed.

I too stayed there a while back, mine was thru Priceline. I can tell you the wing rooms were terrible! I wouldn't even want to get it thru Priceline again never mind pay regular rates. It was run down & somewhat dirty. I had heard the tower rooms were in better shape. I could't say for sure since I never stayed in one of them. If you have a choice, I would stay somewhere else

Ouch, these reviews are not too good! Has anyone else stayed there?

DH and I have stayed there twice and both times were wonderful! Our room was well appointed and very clean. The rooms are larger than WDW moderate and value resorts. Service was excellent and we were never approached by anyone (nor did we even SEE anyone) selling time shares. It's not a time share property. Their restaurant, Baskervilles, has a wonderful buffet too. The best part for us was the location! It is literally just a walk across the street to DD. Every night after a day in the parks, we took a stroll over to DD and walked back with an ice cream cone from Ghiradelli's. There are always mixed reviews on this property, but we would stay there again.

Time share persons had their own booth/counter built right next to hotel desk close to the elevators. They were offering tickets etc in exchange for going off site to their time share location. Anytime we went to elevator, Disney store, or the Disney ticket desk (by the front door) we were approached.

My parents stayed there, because they got a really cheap rate and thought the location would be great. They left after one night. They complained about it being very loud and not kept up well.

We stayed there through priceline last October. The location was great very short walk to DTD. We only stayed one night so it was ok. We had a wing room that was kinda dumpy, but the price was right.

Is this a Fairfield resort?? I booked via a telemarketer to do a timeshare visit, and I think it's Grosevener that I may possibly get... still dont know yet... so was just curious :)
Hope I have a good experience!! It'll only be 2 nights anyways...

We stayed there a few years ago, it was horrible. Our shower was broke and we reported it everyday to no avail. The woman at tickets/services desk was rude and unprofessional. She wouldn't give us our tickets even though we had the paperwork for it. I wouldn't stay there ever again - the rooms are ok - worn down and drab - refride was old - it was very worn down. I suggest somewhere else. Maybe Hotel Royal Plaza after renovations - when I stayed there a long time ago - it was comfortable and nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter