Grolliapod..

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by KimAshton, Sep 26, 2007.

1. KimAshton

KimAshton DIS Veteran

I know someone had posted a link awhile ago. I am ready to buy one and now I cannot find the link. I am going to disney in November and have no idea how long it takes to ship so I thought I would buy one now.

ETA: I have a DSLR camera. :)

Another quick question if I buy the DSLR one can I use it on a regular digital camera. I am bring both cameras to FL with me.

Thanks.

2. boBQuincy

boBQuincy <font color=green>I am not carrying three pods<br>

The official GorillaPod (made by Joby) can be purchased at most of our favorite mail order places. For a SLR you would be interested in their SLR or SLR-Zoom models, depending on what lenses you plan to use.

I recommend the SLR-Zoom model just in case you decide to use a long lens. This model can be used as is but works better with an optional ball-head or pan-head.

The Gorilla (and most heads) come with the standard 1-4/20 screw so tey can be used with most cameras. Don't forget a remote release to minimize vibrations.

3. S. C.

S. C. The mitten state

I think best buy has them.

4. AshleyMWC

AshleyMWC DIS Veteran

I just got mine last week and I haven't had a chance to really use it yet. I am planning on getting some practice in with it this weekend. I have played with it some and I think I am going to like it overall.