Grocery Prices Going Up, Up, Up!!!

OceanAnnie

I guess I have a thing against
I've been doing a double and triple take lately on grocery prices. I know it was a week ago I bought Red Barron pizza on sale for 4 for $10. Last week! I saw them today for $4 a piece. Granted, it was on sale but they haven't ever been $4. That's a big jump! Everything is going up.

I'm a pretty good sale shopper, but I'll be doubling my efforts!

I can usually get Red Baron pizza for half off, or at least for $2.50. I do have a rain check for them for $2 each.

Almost everything I buy I buy on sale, and usually with a coupon too. It keeps my grocery bills very reasonable.

:scared: I am a BIG budget shopper. I must admit myfood bill has gone up about 150 more a month. I watch sale adds I try to eat 2 meals a week with out meat ( insted I do eggs or beans). I just can not keep it down lower. I do coupons (for only certin fav items) . The price of toilet paper has gone up to along with shampoo. Or I see alot of 99cents shampoo with LESS shampoo in the bottle. I am getting really @#!!@. Everything has gone up except for my pay:mad:

I haven't noticed the prices going up really. But I guess as I run out of things I'll start to feel the hit. Shampoo and other HBA items can go as high as they like, I'm stocked for like the next decade! :rotfl2:

But for things I regularly buy, at least here, nothing much has gone up to where I'm noticing a hit to our grocery budget.

I didn't buy the pizza. I still have some in the freezer. I use coupons and shop the sales too. I won't be getting it for that price. I'll make it from scratch before I do that. I just get it for the convenience. The price of the pizza just caught my eye when I was walking through the aisle.

Crazy prices!

I was just complaining about this very issue yesterday! I wen to Costco and I swear the prices are increasing!! You used to get 2 gallons of milk for $4.29 but now it is $6.29. I buy this all natural spinach pasta and it used to be 7.99 but now it is 9.69!!!!

I try to feed my family really healhy foods but I have to tell you it is EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I've found the same thing here (I live in the NE, just north of Boston). I see the posts where people shop for a family of four and only spend $50/wk. I don't see how they do it. Of course where I live there are no stores that do double or triple coupons and in our papers the only coupons are for brand name things that are still more expensive than the store brand, even with the coupon. Heck, I spend $50/wk just between fresh fruit, vegetables and the deli. It seems every week things are .10 - .20 more expensive than they were the week before.

I was just thinking the opposite yesterday, that prices were finally starting to come down. I got big boxes of cheerios for $2, pork roast for 99 cents, breakfast sausage for 99 cents, chicken breast bone in for 99 cents, huge grapefruit for 40 cents each, eggs, $1 a dozen (this is a big deal, eggs have been $2 here for a year now). Even things like Hamburger Helper were $1, those have been $1.50 for a long time. Sometimes their cheesy hamburger one hits the spot!

Produce is a little high still, but it's reasonable. Huge heads of broccoli are $2, green beans are 1.19 a pound.

I was just complaining about this very issue yesterday! I wen to Costco and I swear the prices are increasing!! You used to get 2 gallons of milk for $4.29 but now it is $6.29. I buy this all natural spinach pasta and it used to be 7.99 but now it is 9.69!!!!

I try to feed my family really healhy foods but I have to tell you it is EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: Good grief and I was quibbling with DH about the 2.99 milk as opposed to the usual 2.50 I get it on sale for... Glad to live in the boonies we are always the last to get anything but we are the last to get hit with that kind of stuff...
Guess I'll go stock the freezer with milk while the price is low...:scared:

Eggs here are pretty high too but I think our counties new ethanol plant has something to do with the higher prices. We have a large egg producer in our county so I'm guessing they are competing for the corn with the ethanol plant. Milk right now is on sale at Kroger I think for $1 for a 1/2 gallon if you buy 4 & includes chocolate.

CVS' deals have helped our budget quite a bit since they started the ECB program. Now I totally understand why my parents had shelves full of shampoo, soap, TP, toothepaste....:rolleyes1 I'm just as bad now.

I just wish gas would go back down to $2 something instead of over $3 a gallon.

My mom and I talk about this everyday, it seems! She lives in South Carolina and I am in Iowa. My grocery bill has DOUBLED in the last year. Everything has gone up in Iowa. I used to be able to feed all 4 of us for about $75-100 a week. I am allowing at least $150 a week now. And we aren't eating anything differently! We eat the same food in the same amounts, but everything costs more.

I can't believe how expensive milk and eggs have gotten but my prices are out of wack anyway.

Bear in mind I only shop at the commissary (which is at cost), Costco or occasionally Walmart.

1/2 gallon of milk is $3.69.
A gallon of milk is between $5-6.
A loaf of bread (not store brand but not fancy) runs about $3 (like the honey wheat kind).
Eggs are over $2 for regular large ones.
Chicken breast is about $8 a lb.
Gr beef is $2 a lb
salmon (fresh) is $7 a lb
2 litres of soda are $1.79
iceburg lettuce is $2 a head
bagged salad is $2-4 a bag

I swear prices go up everytime I go too!!!

I just pulled out my grocery receipt from last week.

Ground beef (80%) $1.99/lb
Boneless pork chops $2.99/lb
Boneless skinless chicken breast $2.89/lb
Salmon $6.99/lb
2% milk $2.89/gallon
Broccoli $1.29/lb
Green Beans $.99/lb
Red leaf lettuce $.99/lb
Romaine lettuce $.99/lb
Grape tomatoes $1.49/lb
Honey Dew melon $2.29
Canteloupe melon $1.99
Pears $.99/lb
Apples $.99/lb
Bananas $.49/lb
Strawberries $3.99/lb
Blueberries $2.00/4 oz.
Wheat bread $2.89 loaf (large loaf)

We try to eat healthy and I buy lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, but its really starting to get expensive. The least expensive fish was the salmon at $6.99/lb and its been that way since before Christmas. DH is 6'4" and works construction and DS is almost 6' and is very active in sports. They're both big eaters. I don't throw food away (except for occasionnally that plastic container that gets tucked in the back of the fridge behind something - you know the one I mean) so we eat everything I buy and no one in my family is overweight (although I could afford to lose a bit - but I've stayed the same weight for the last 10 years). Last week my grocery bill was $193 and this week it was $178. It used to be $120-140.

I've been complaining too. I've noticed the prices going up right after the 1st of the year.

Remember when you could buy eggs for .97/carton - they are $2.19 at Walmart; milk was $5.15/gallon and bread is over $2.00/loaf unless you buy the store brand then it's a little lower but not much.

I was thinking the same thing! Yesterday I noticed that a can of tuna had gone from .52 cents to .66 cents. I can't believe I thought twice about buying a can of tuna. Oh, that was store brand too!

All I can say is .....grocerygame!!! I started the game begining of this month and saved $200.00 off of my food bill. I have not even been full out stockpiling either. So far, the game has been a life saver. It is even kind of fun to shop now. I had never been a couponer before because of the hassle-this is so easy. I know I sound like a commercial but, I can't tell you how helpful its been to our family. Hopefully you guys can utilize this too for some savings.:)

I tried the grocery game (I got the 4 weeks for $1) and I found, for me, it really didn't help. I think it depends on the area of the country you live in and whether or not you can get double and triple coupons.

I tried the grocery game (I got the 4 weeks for $1) and I found, for me, it really didn't help. I think it depends on the area of the country you live in and whether or not you can get double and triple coupons.

I had the exact same experience. It wasn't for me.

I live in Texas and I can only pick from 1 grocery store and I also use a CVS. I don't have double or triple coupon stores- actually have never seen anyplace that does. I have just bought 2 Sunday papers with coupons since 12/30 and have saved this much. I am have been very selective with my list though- pretty much only buying blue items and planning meals around those items. I still have bought maybe $90.00 a week in things (like produce,etc.) as needs beyond what was on the gg list. That # of things though has been decreasing as the weeks go on. CVS and their extracare card/ EXtra care bucks have contributed significantly to the savings though!

I doubt the grocery game tells you anything you can't learn for free at hotcouponworld.com or afullcup.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!