grocery oder from DVC

dwight16

DIS Veteran
so we are going to BLT studio august and i started to look into grocery options we dont need much mainly cereal milk and snacks since we only have a studio. i noticed DVC is charging 10 dollars now for the order and the 10% off eats away at some or most of it but i am wondering is everything on the order list sold in the fantasia market on the 4th floor or only some of the things.....if i had a big order i would use an outside place but its just 3 of us this time and i want to do the easiest thing and that is DVC or just going to the store ourselves at the contemporary. thanks for any feed back

Why wouldn't you use the Garden Grocer or someone like that. There may be a delivery fee but I'm sure the selection will be better as well as some pricing.

mainly bc we just need milk and cereal water and some minor snacks.....so i just want the convince of it going to the room or picking it up.....

is everything on the order list sold in the fantasia market on the 4th floor or only some of the things.
All items on the order form should be available in the resort store (as long as it's not sold out at the moment).

We have had an item or two not be available when we went to shop, but it would be there later. Just a restocking issue.

I would put the box of cereal and a some snacks in suitcase and just buy the milk, water, etc there.

We flight SW out of Phila and we always have a suitcase filled with food including some frozen items stored in a cooler (like for a casserole) We tend to eat breakfast in our room almost every day (bacon and eggs, not just a pop tart) and then have a few snacky food items......cheese and pepperoni wrapped in a tortilla and zapped in micro, Peanut butter on english muffins, mac and cheese along with the usual nuts, chocolate, cookies etc.

The one drawback I see about the DVC shopping is on the form is says delivery will be after 5 pm. What if you check in at noon and your room is ready? Are you willing to wait until 5 for your groceries? I don't know, perhaps if you got into your room early, your groceries would be delivered early too. I've never gotten groceries thru DVC , just guessing.

i have done it the last 2 times its nice if your not in they will just bring it and put it in the fridge and what not that is what i like about dvc over the outside people. the fee was i want to say 5 dollars and i had a 2 bedroom so we had a bigger order so the discount over took the fees. that is a good idea on bringing cereal and some snacks we are also coming from phila. i just wanted to do the easiest and would be just walking down and grabbing milk and water.

If you decide to purchase on your own, may I make a slightly silly suggestion, it's could be quite a hike from the store and back to your room. If you are getting several heavy things, Unpack one of your bags and use that to wheel the case of water (or whatever) back to your room. Of course, I'm assuming your suitcase has wheels on it.

We use Garden Grocer but for your small amount just get it onsite at the shop and go on the fourth floor. It cost more but for your amount, it will not be much...smjj

Ha that is a good idea I am glad the lowered the price of a case of water to under 7 dollars I swore it was 16 plus last time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter