Grocery 1 item...Yakult.

thedarksyde

I like food and star wars and disney and things
I have one item I need to have with me, and it must be cold, so I am looking for the best options. I need Yakult. The probiotic drink. It has a very short expiration date and it must be refrigerated. I am staying at DVC Saratoga Springs.

I am open to all options. I will pay a lot for this. It is way better than having an IBS attack on Splash Mountain.

Any and all suggestions on how to get this?

Last edited:
A quick google search revealed the companies webpage which has a store locator button, Putting in a orlando zip code gives no results. So looks like you will need to bring this item with you. This should fall under medical liquids for TSA but you may need to do some additional research

A quick google search revealed the companies webpage which has a store locator button, Putting in a orlando zip code gives no results. So looks like you will need to bring this item with you. This should fall under medical liquids for TSA but you may need to do some additional research

Oh wow I did not think about it being a medical liquid. What a good idea. I was thinking if I could take it in a cooler I would be fine. Thank you for this idea. I will look into it.

Thanks everyone esle.

Look carefully. TSA may still consider it food and not allow it as a medical liquid. They won't take your word for anything nor will bringing a doctor's not help. TSA does not accept notes.

Look carefully. TSA may still consider it food and not allow it as a medical liquid. They won't take your word for anything nor will bringing a doctor's not help. TSA does not accept notes.

TSA does not accept notes, nor logic, nor common decency.

I wonder if you can contact Whole Foods up at Turkey Lake and request that they order some? They have a robust probiotic section. As I found out when DS and I got the illness to end all illnesses in January 2014 and I was desperate. Of course you'd have to have a car or pay for a taxi to get it.

Not sure the amazon.com powder is what the OP is looking for, but I could be wrong. :)

Might also contact them via their facebook page to see how close they are to Orlando. I'm sure no one feels like putting in zip code after zip code to their locator.

Two thoughts: can you buy it at home, get some dry ice, and ship it overnight to your hotel the day before you go; is there any chance your aunt works at your airport and would be on duty (to authorize it as medical, not for any underhanded purpose; and a third thought - since the rink is Asian and the Amazon prouct is Asian, might they provide the same probiotics?

If you ship it on dry ice, it WILL freeze. The containers will likely burst then.

I'd say give Danactive a try - maybe if you can get it at home and give it a test run first. My husband used to drink it daily; I tried but am already regular, so it was let's just say too much for me!

Otherwise, I'd give another probiotic a try at home to see if you can get by with something else.

Another option is to find a very good cooler and some ice packs, and pack it as securely as possible into luggage and check it (bubble wrap?).

Good luck!

Here is what I got back from my Aunt...

I am now asking my Mom about just checking it. (she works for American) Just so I know all my options.

"Do you have a prescription for this? If not, then you would need a doctor's note. Also each bottle must be under 3.4 ounces. No dry ice and the ice packs must be frozen. "

Here is what I got back from my Aunt...

I am now asking my Mom about just checking it. (she works for American) Just so I know all my options.

"Do you have a prescription for this? If not, then you would need a doctor's note. Also each bottle must be under 3.4 ounces. No dry ice and the ice packs must be frozen. "

Again, forget the note. TSA won't accept it. Too easily forged.

If it falls under medical it doesn't have to be the 3.4oz size.

Tsa doesn't take notes. I really doubt if this is going to work.

At least two of us looked it up while trying to help. Have you contacted whole foods? Though looking at the product, though it has probiotic in it, it doesn't really look like something they would carry. But you might as well try.

When I see my naturopath they give me Rx's for probiotics. So my bottles of the good stuff (not sweetened drinks with probiotics in it) do have rx labels on them. You could try that route. They do notice precription labels. But then maybe the ND could hook you up with something even better!

I am now asking my Mom about just checking it. (she works for American) J
I don't think this matters at all to the airlines, or that they have any specific regulations.
Have you contacted whole foods? Though looking at the product, though it has probiotic in it, it doesn't really look like something they would carry.
What I could find, it appears available in Asian grocers. Couldn't even find one vendor in a random check of FL cities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter