Grinchmas/Macy's Parade on our last day Dec 1

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by 4my2girlz, Sep 21, 2012.

1. 4my2girlz

4my2girlz Mouseketeer

12/1 will be our last day....and the 1st day of Grinchmas at IOA & Macy's Parade at US....what can we expect?

We will have already spent 3 days at IOA/US but will we be able to enjoy the Christmas activities both offer in 1 day? Meaning is it possible to ?see? Grinchmas (I'm assuming its' a show) and view the Macy's Parade on the same day?

What other Christmas activities do they offer?

Thanks in advance! (this will be our first trip to IOA & US)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JessicaR

JessicaR <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>

Not sure yet what else will be offered as it hasn't been announced yet. You can catch the 1st Grinchmas play (it repeats during the day) and still see the Macy's parade at the end of the day at Universal.

4. heatherlekay

heatherlekay Earning My Ears

Last year we were able to see both in one day. The grinch shows a few times a day. They were both excellent! My dh and son enjoyed the Macy's parade at US better than any if the Disney ones. It really was great and you get alot interaction with many if the characters. Some will even take pics with you.
    Also we did breakfast w/Grinch at IOA, it was alot of fun! It's very entertaining to see how he jokes w each table. There's also a place you can take pics w Grinch. We didn't buy them but took them with our own camera, they turned out great to use for our Christmas cards.

5. moniqueand2

moniqueand2 Earning My Ears

What breakfast was this? I'm going 12 1 and 2 this year. I just showed my DD this post and she loved the breakfast with the Grinch idea.

6. bowtie7

bowtie7 Earning My Ears

Also plan to spend some time in Suess Landing before the first Grinchmas show, at least last year, the citizens of Who Vil were out shopping and interacting with park guests.

7. heatherlekay

It's at confiscos inside IOA. If I remember they didn't start taking ADRs until mid Oct. There was also cat in hat and Who's at the breakfast as well. Also I agree with the poster above-plan to spend time in Suess Landing-we had the best time interacting with many of the who's. And be sure to tell them you just saw the grinch and see what response you get!!!

8. CPA_ESQ.

CPA_ESQ. Mouseketeer

last year we were down the first days of December. We walked into IOA, suessville had the major performers walking around, shopping, sleeping on the road, it was fun. We stood on line for 15 minutes went into the show (it was good).

Did some rides, had lunch, went back to the hotel, then around 4 or so went back to Universal to see Macy's (that was fun). We stood in the AP holders section - last year it was in New York - in front of the department store

9. 4my2girlz

4my2girlz Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the information! Since we would have already had 4 full days at US/IOA I'm hoping we will have our fill of the rides and just enjoy the special Christmas things on 12/1.

Any idea what time the Macy's Parade is over? And will that be the last thing of the day we would want to see? I've read somewhere the parade is usually at dusk? (I'm guessing this would be around 5 - 5:30 or so??)

12/1 is supposed to be our last day and I was hoping we could get a few hours of driving in so the girls wouldn't be so worn out coming home on Sunday (about a 11 hour drive total)

Thanks again!

10. heatherlekay

Yes it's at dusk (cant remember start time exactly) and lasted about 45 minutes. However there was a mad rush of people leaving the park afterward so we just walked around and rode Mummy until it cleared out a bit.

11. Dizisfun

Dizisfun Mouseketeer

If the parks are crowded while the parade is going one is one of the best times to ride a major ride such as Rip Ride Rockit Rollercoaster or to go over to WWOHP and ride the Forbidden Journey....::yes::

12. CPA_ESQ.

CPA_ESQ. Mouseketeer

honestly Dec 1 will not be crowded. The parade is at dusk so 5-5:30 is the start time. After the parade is over the park closes (or may stay open if Manh SteamR is playing - but the rides don't run) I wish the parks would stay open late on these slow days.

you will be on the road by 7pm and should get 4 hrs drive time under your belt by 11pm.

13. rubybpc

rubybpc It's all about Disney

I've done both before and yes it's do-able. I'm currently trying to get grinchmas character breakfast for the first time but Universal doesn't even have that available yet. :(