Grey's Anatomy new season

Plus they are supposed to be adults now not interns struggling with the concept. It seems Alex is growing up while Meridith is going backwards. I suspect they did the house thing to try and recapture the days when Grey's when is was fresh and young. It gets a fail from me. And by the time Izzy left I was more than DONE with her.

Slightly OT but when I was very little and my parents were divorcing my dad sent up to live with my grandparents for awhile. They had just bought the property and it was essentially a one room shack. My mother's parents threatened them over it so my grandfather began building a nice house. He died literally while building it. I always loved that house because he built it for my sister and I. My Dad always hated it because his dad died building it. So I kind of get her not wanting to be there. All their dreams were built in that house and now suddenly he is gone. He supposed to come back to that house and he never did, kwim? I could see feeling the same way.

(bolding mine)

I get that, & I thought of that too. But, for me, as a mom, I think I'd want my kids to grow up in the dream house that their daddy built... and them knowing their whole lives that "Daddy built this for us because he loved us." Kinda in the same way that you loved the house that your grandfather built for you. It would be painful, & there would be a lot of heartbreaking memories, but, at the same time, I'd want those memories for my kids, if that makes sense.

Along that same thought, we had a family member who quite suddenly lost his spouse. The day after the funeral, his mother was talking to him about going to a furniture store & picking out a new bed & buying a new mattress so he didn't have to return to their bed w/o his wife. I was standing w/ her when she suggested it & I just was appalled that his mom would so casually suggest it like it was a done deal. I mean she literally suggested it the same casual tone as "Let's go get lunch." The funeral was out of town, & the morning after the funeral, she said, "Before we go back home, we're going to go shopping w/ you to help you pick out a new bed & mattress." The family member turned down his mother's offer, & she was quite miffed when I told her that, if it were me, just about all I'd want to do was return back to the house where I lived w/ my spouse, climb into bed, & just hug his pillow close to me. And there might come a day when I'd move out of the house or get a new bed or whatever, but, at first, I think I'd just want to surround myself w/ our memories... I don't know...

I think I'm still bitter at how completely they just wiped Derek out of the story & how his funeral was handled. But I did think it was a nice throw-back to now having Meredith teaching the same class that Derek used to teach.

And I still do NOT understand why Meredith sold the house that Derek built for her. If I were she, that's were I'd absolutely want to still be... in the place my husband designed & built for me & our family. I mean wouldn't you want to be able to tell your children, "Daddy built this. He built this home for us because he loved us."?

Not sure how I missed this - guess I should have watched last season's finale as a refresher before last night's episode! So, where is she living now? Doesn't Alex still live in her old house?

I thought it was kind of a boring episode also, although there were some highlights like Maggie punching that crazy mom and Bailey fighting for her role as chief. Really a bummer about the Jackson/April story arc - I'm surprised April chose to still go overseas after Jackson's ultimatum.

I liked it but I really wish they'd get rid of Jackson's mother. The "brilliant heart doctor" with the babyish voice did drive me nuts, though.

Joey Lauren Adams - I can't STAND that actress!!!! Ugh, I saw her in a couple movies in the 90's (Chasing Amy was one of them), I hated her. Her voice is so grating and yes, babyish. Also her face is ......squished looking? Sorry, mean I know! Glad Bailey got the Chief position, assuming that other actress won't be back (she was mentioned as a guest star, not in the main credits).

I was very underwhelmed with the whole episode too. I did like Mer's new hair and I think Maggie looked different because her hair was longer. And yes, Mer has 3 kids - where were they?? Knockin' down walls and none of these kids wake up and scream/cry??

I watched. I'll watch until its last breath has been taken. :)

I did miss Derek though and still hate that he's gone. I thought the episode was okay. I do hope this is the last season for the show though.

I think they had already ruined his character. He was nice in the episode that he died, but he had been not so nice for a long time before then.

But isn't that reality?

I can't even tell you how many friends have told me that their spouse/partner was one way during early times and completely different later.

I never loved him/them all that much. Found him selfish.

Did love a lot of his relationships with other characters though.

Grey's died with Derek. IMO

Or Patrick Demsey. Insert wink. In that he wanted off the show. And Shonda Rhimes felt she had no choice because there was so much pressure for his departure and she felt death was the only answer, although it was not what she wanted for him. She did not want Derek to leave Meredith and wanted to keep their love intact.

I understand wanting to move on and get off a show. But this late? It is obvious that it is not going to last much longer. It's too bad that he didn't play it out.

Or Patrick Demsey. Insert wink. In that he wanted off the show. And Shonda Rhimes felt she had no choice because there was so much pressure for his departure and she felt death was the only answer, although it was not what she wanted for him. She did not want Derek to leave Meredith and wanted to keep their love intact.

I understand wanting to move on and get off a show. But this late? It is obvious that it is not going to last much longer. It's too bad that he didn't play it out.

There are actually different rumors out there as to how this actually went down. Some sources insist that Dempsey was willing to stay through another season, but he & Rhimes got into an argument over his contract or Rhimes got miffed at him for something... and when you tick Rhimes off in Shondaland, it doesn't end w/ good things for your character. I read one interview w/ Dempsey that said he was surprised when he learned that he was being killed off the show.

There are actually different rumors out there as to how this actually went down. Some sources insist that Dempsey was willing to stay through another season, but he & Rhimes got into an argument over his contract or Rhimes got miffed at him for something... and when you tick Rhimes off in Shondaland, it doesn't end w/ good things for your character. I read one interview w/ Dempsey that said he was surprised when he learned that he was being killed off the show.

Yeah I've heard that too.

Something something went on for sure. It's just too bad, being the lead, that they didn't negotiate end of series date with compromise for the others in balance with his needs.

I actually enjoyed the episode where he passed away (except for the fact that only Meredith was there in the end).

Especially the one part many hated, his talking about how the doctors were making mistakes over and over. Where he was pleading for the female doctor to stand up against Dr. I know better.

Yeah I've heard that too.

Something something went on for sure. It's just too bad, being the lead, that they didn't negotiate end of series date with compromise for the others in balance with his needs.

I actually enjoyed the episode where he passed away (except for the fact that only Meredith was there in the end).

Especially the one part many hated, his talking about how the doctors were making mistakes over and over. Where he was pleading for the female doctor to stand up against Dr. I know better.

I actually liked that part too. And I liked what Meredith said to the female doctor at the end.

I didn't like how the truck hit him because he pulled into the middle of the road to talk on the phone. Really?! And how far away was he that he wouldn't have been flown to Grey Sloan Memorial? And, like you, I found it hard to believe that Meredith wouldn't have at least called Amelia.

I didn't like how the truck hit him because he pulled into the middle of the road to talk on the phone. Really?! And how far away was he that he wouldn't have been flown to Grey Sloan Memorial? And, like you, I found it hard to believe that Meredith wouldn't have at least called Amelia.

Yeah, that part was just so poorly written. So we're supposed to believe that not one car passed the entire time he was out there treating these crash victims and he had NO cell service the entire time - only to have both cell service and a truck appear as he's leaving? Uh huh.... that episode really ticked me off. I think Shonda is pretty vengeful in the way she kills off actors if she gets in a dispute with them. I think they really should have ended the show if Patrick Dempsey had to leave and given viewers a much better and well thought out ending.

I loved the show, and roll with all the new people (keeps it fresh) but I must say its getting a bit old, still like it, but its lost its spot that it had for years in my top 3 network shows (chicage fire, chicago pd and Empire is the best program on tv by a lot )

The only other show I watch is Dancing with the Stars - oh, and Downton Abbey. I'm totally out of the loop on what other shows are on now. I'll have to look up Empire!

The only other show I watch is Dancing with the Stars - oh, and Downton Abbey. I'm totally out of the loop on what other shows are on now. I'll have to look up Empire!

I dont know if you ever seen Nashville, but its an R rated Nashville, not for everyone, but I loved to get shocked as out of no where people die :smokin::rolleyes1

I dont know if you ever seen Nashville, but its an R rated Nashville, not for everyone, but I loved to get shocked as out of no where people die :smokin::rolleyes1

Oh, how could I forget Nashville? I watch that one too but usually online after it's aired. It's a bit over the top but for some reason I can't stop watching it. Not sure if I could take much more drama than that show offers, ha!

I thought the episode was good. They're in season 12 now, things change. I was pleasantly surprised. I liked the main medical storyline with the two girls (I think it's very important for young people to watch these kinds of stories).

And, I heard Ellen Pompeo was peeved about his affair with an intern. Given the send off, no interaction with any cast member, except Pompeo and no dialogue ... I tend to believe this. Especially with her recent comments, regarding "It's All About ME(redith). ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!