Greetings From England – The Brits Are Back!! **COMPLETED 07/05**

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by Linda67, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

I'm in!!! Oooh that avocado margarita looks delicious!! Do they still have the margarita flight there?

Can't wait to read more :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

I know, Waffles served from 7am - 11am and 4 different types :cloud9:

In October La Cava will be getting more than one visit that's for sure :rolleyes1

The photos are the only classy thing :rotfl:

:welcome: great to have you on board

The margarita was to die for :cloud9: I asked about the margarita flight and although it isn't on the menu anymore they will consider doing it at slow times. There is a Tequila flight though :thumbsup2

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Count me in too! :thumbsup2 Oh, and I loved your "When Harry Met Sally" reference. :lmao: I too got to experience for the first time the La Cava avocado margarita on my trip last month. I now have a new favorite Disney World margarita...DELICIOUS! :love:

5. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

I have to try that waffle....the last time we stayed at WL was 2 years ago and they didnt have it. I think a drive over is necessary ;)

6. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Yum, yum .........

Waffles? A waffle menu ........ hm, maybe we should stay at WL again! :rotfl2:
    Now, your breakfast looks delish - and I can say the drink WAS delish, as Tom had it in February and I got a sip! :thumbsup2
    Good choice!

Can't wait to read about your Tangerine Experience, since ours was pretty yuck last time. :confused3

7. Tiggerella

Tiggerella Mouseketeer

Wow, hold the phone (or computer in this case): waffle menu? 4 different kinds?

We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for our trip this August and had believed no cs mickey waffles would be a concession for the opportunity to stay here, but now you tell me they have them and 4 different kinds??? It's like getting and early dose of pixie dust!

Can you please elaborate on the 4 available kinds if you get a chance? Tnx!

8. irongirlof12

irongirlof12 <font color=blue><marquee>Am I the only one who lo

yum yum:goodvibes in for the ride and can't wait for more :thumbsup2

9. Disney_Mama

Disney_Mama DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the rest.:thumbsup2

10. TanzUnited99

TanzUnited99 DIS Veteran

Hi Linda :wave2: Having recently read your past dining review I'm jumping on board for this one.

Wow on having a waffle menu to work your way through! :cloud9: Will def be paying WL a visit on our trip.

Also you went to the gym on your vacation?! :worship: Looking forward to reading more.

11. DisGirlAllie

DisGirlAllie <font color=darkorchid>I can bust some pretty smoo

Subscribing :)

12. MiaBella05

MiaBella05 DIS Veteran

popcorn:: joining in, that drink looked delicious! popcorn::

13. Linda67

:welcome: thanks for reading along. I am thinking of changing my ticker to ....'XX days until my next Avocado Margarita' :laughing:

Those waffles are certainly worth the worth the drive :drive:

Stay tuned Karin, coming right up. I am going to catch up with your reviews today as well :goodvibes

Oh you are going to love the waffles
    There is an adults menu and a kids menu, on the adult menu you get three mickey waffles and bacon, I think the kids get two with a side of apple sauce
    There are the Wilderness Waffles which I have already reviewed, the strawberry and orange cream waffles, the banana foster waffles and the chocolate lovers waffles. I tried them all with the exception of the chocolate waffles (chocoalte mickey waffles, choc chips and whipped cream) and will be including pictures in coming reviews :cloud9:

:welcome: thanks for reading, hopefully another review going up very soon

:welcome: Tangierine Cafe coming right up, thanks for joining in

The gym was a short lived moment of madness ..... Mmmm waffles or treadmill ... tough choice :rotfl2:

:welcome: hope you enjoy the rest of my reviews.

:welcome: It sure was, wish I could have one right now!

14. OhdahLolly

OhdahLolly Mouseketeer

Totally adoring your writing style over here. :) Can't wait till you post more!!

And btw, can I tell you that picture of the Avocado Margarita look awesomely wicked? Normally I am not a margarita girl at all, but I gotta say. That look extremely tempting!

15. Linda67

Sunday May 15th 2011

After a very pleasant morning walking around World Showcase we were in serious need of food

I left it to DH to decide where to go as I had pretty much chosen on all of our ADRs

He surprised and delighted me by suggesting The Tangierine Café, we had eaten there last year and I had really enjoyed my meal

I ended up ordering the exact same thing as last time

[​IMG]

The Vegetarian Platter

I remember that last time I ordered this it was all very good and tasty but that the falafel was very dry. No such problems this time, everything on the plate was just perfect. For anyone looking for a tasty and good value vegetarian meal I would highly recommend this plate

You get cous cous, falafel, hummus, lentil salad, mint salad, olives and bread and it's a filling and yet light lunch or dinner

For DH, the speciality lamb sandwich with a side order of fries

[​IMG]

He loved this; he ate every last bite and proclaimed it to be &#8216;full of flavour&#8217;

There is only one option for dessert on the Dining Plan and that&#8217;s the Baklava

[​IMG]

It was really dry and basically tasted like someone had dipped cardboard in sugar and left it out in the sun for a couple of days :eek:

We took one bite each and the rest ended up in the trash.

We&#8217;ve both had baklava before and although we aren&#8217;t huge fans of the dish this was certainly a poor version of it

All in all though we both love Tangierine Café, the food is fresh and flavourful (except for dessert) and we really enjoy the atmosphere of the place

After lunch we strolled around World Showcase a little more before stopping in Italy for some light refreshment

[​IMG]

Rosa Regale

I shouldn&#8217;t like this as I don&#8217;t usually enjoy drinks that are too sweet but there is just something wonderful about people watching in Italy with a glass of pink fizz in your hand :cloud9:

In order to compensate for our poor desserts at the Tangierine Café we both felt like we deserved a sweet treat

[​IMG]

Freshly made hot caramel corn from Karamel Kuche

Need I say more? popcorn::

Coming up next &#8230;&#8230;.. Will Le Cellier live up to the hype?

16. Linda67

Thanks for reading along :goodvibes
    Even if you don't normally enjoy a margarita this one is well worth a try, its soooo rich and creamy :cloud9:

17. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review of the Tangierine Cafe and :woohoo: for a good one! :goodvibes
    We did NOT like it at all last time, but we have been talking about going back, so that really helps with my decision! :thumbsup2

I guess I am the only one, but that Rosa Regale makes me sick! We picked up a bottle after reading all the hype about it and I actually spit it out - this is something I CANNOT drink! :scared:

But I love the Caramel corn you picked up! :thumbsup2 We had a fun chat with the CMs in their first language and had a blast!
    Yummy treat - thank god there are NO calories in all the treats at Disney! ;) :rotfl2:

18. mamaboogie

mamaboogie DIS Veteran

Fabulous review Linda!

Oh, how I wish I was sitting at a table at Tangierine Cafe eating one of their lovely fresh meals! (I do agree about the baclava though - i wish they had a larger dessert selection!)

That popcorn looks amazing - even through the bag!:laughing:

I've never had any of the rose regale - I must try it sometime!

19. MrsB1228

MrsB1228 DIS Veteran

Joining in! I love your reviews, can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

~Carol

20. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Signing up. Can't wait to hear more. The avocado margarita is definitely on my list. I am well acquainted with La Cava :rolleyes1 but somehow i always order the classic or jalapeno. Time to branch out! :laughing:

21. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

Glad to see you had a good meal again at Tangeriene Cafe!!! I still can't say that I will be returning there anytime soon, but it is encouraging to hear a good review! The Rosa looks wonderful! :thumbsup2