Greetings From England – The Brits Are Back!! **COMPLETED 07/05**

This review is great! I was defending my Yachtsman ressie to my husband with your pictures!

Hoop De Doo sounds like it's a lot of fun, and that dessert looks tasty! I'm just not a huge fan of those comfort foods like fried chicken and ribs, so I'm not sure it's something I'd do any time soon. Your salmon, on the other hand, looked pretty good!

Those potatoes look delicious! I think I would skip the chicken and the ribs and just gorge myself on those!

We love the HDDR! and those Mashed Potatoes are sooooo good! :worship:

I'm absolutely loving your reviews! I want that cookie ice cream sandwich for breakfast. :)

Nothing wrong with ice cream for breakfast - it is Friday after all ;)

We love the HDDR and have gone to it 3x over the years. I got hungry looking at your pics, I love love love the shortcake at the end yummy :thumbsup2

It was such a fun night out and you're right; the shortcake is delicious :cloud9:

Never been to HDDR but the pictures make me want to cancel one of my existing dinners and book that instead

We really enjoyed the food and to be honest I didn't expect to; I just thought it would be a fun show
Everything we tried was hot, fresh and really well prepared :thumbsup2

I have never tried HDDR, but after reading your review it definitely looks like a good place to try. I'm sure this would be a meal my whole family would love!

There were some big family groups there and they were having a blast :cool1:
It's a great place to go if you are celebrating something as you have a chance to get involved in the show

OMG that fried chicken looks lush :worship:

Morning Joh :goodvibes
DH demolished the chicken; he tells me it was amazing :thumbsup2

Hoop de doo looks like so much fun!

And, oh my godness - what a lot of food!:scared1: It all looked very yummy indeed.

We have been slightly obsessed with reading about the Disney Cruise since reading your review.....and hubby even more so!:lmao:

Go on book one, you know you want to ;)

Love the food pics of HDDR! Your salmon entree looks really good - am glad you enjoyed it.

Lol at the request you made to DH! :laughing:

We are going to CP on the 26 Sept - a while to go yet!

The 26th of September will be here before you know it :goodvibes

Love your review of CP and that cookie sandwich looks delish - I guess I need to treat myself to one in 2 months.

We have never been to HDDR but the food definitely looks yummy! I would have happily eaten your salmon dish as well! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Hi Karin
I insist you treat yourself to an ice cream cookie sandwich - you deserve it :goodvibes

This review is great! I was defending my Yachtsman ressie to my husband with your pictures!

Let's hope it is as good for you as it was for us; if not tell your husband it was all the fault of a mad English woman :rotfl:

Hoop De Doo sounds like it's a lot of fun, and that dessert looks tasty! I'm just not a huge fan of those comfort foods like fried chicken and ribs, so I'm not sure it's something I'd do any time soon. Your salmon, on the other hand, looked pretty good!

The salmon was lovely and I think there is a pasta dish as well for vegetarians

Those potatoes look delicious! I think I would skip the chicken and the ribs and just gorge myself on those!

Mmmm, a bucket of potatoes :cloud9:

I am just loving your review!!!

Thank you for sharing!

:goodvibes

You are very welcome, thanks for reading :thumbsup2

We love the HDDR! and those Mashed Potatoes are sooooo good! :worship:

I swear there must be an illegal and addictive substance in them :laughing:

Wednesday 25th May 2011

Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have a wonderful weekend :goodvibes

It was another early start on May 25th as we wanted to be at AK for rope drop

Before heading out we grabbed a coffee and a Pecan & Cinnamon Roll from Roaring Fork

IMG_4602.jpg

Cinnamon Roll @ Roaring Fork

Heavenly :cloud9:

We didn’t really have any lunch plans today so decided to just see where we ended up when we got hungry

The lines really weren’t too bad in AK that day so we managed to hit all the biggies several times and after we had used our Safari FPs we headed to Tamu Tamu Refreshments as it was close by and hunger was beginning to strike

It was really busy in the area immediately surrounding Tamu Tamu and at first we couldn’t find anywhere to sit.

We headed around the side of Tusker House and the Dawa Bar and found that there were lots of deserted tables so we were soon tucking in to our lunch

Here’s my selection

IMG_4636.jpg

Tuna Salad Pita - served with apple slices

This was really excellent, the Pita bread was lovely and fresh and the Tuna salad mix was perfect. I really enjoyed this lunch :thumbsup2

And for DH

IMG_4635.jpg

Cheeseburger Basket - served with chips & Chocolate Mousse

I had the Chocolate Mousse as well and it was actually really good.

DH said that the Cheeseburger was ‘OK’ and he really enjoyed the chips and made a nice change to the usual fries

Just FYI you can select a Milk Shake as your dessert here and they were huge and looked really good :)

Later on in the afternoon DH said he wanted to try a Corn Dog, he had never had one before (we don’t really get them in England) so he picked one up from the Safari Corn Dog Kiosk

The CM was having a total nightmare with her cash register and as the line grew longer and her temper grew shorter she said ‘just take it for free’ and then told everyone else behind us that she was closed

Yay for free food :woohoo:

IMG_4640.jpg

Insert Caption Of Your Choice Here :rolleyes1

So what was DH’s verdict on his first ever Corn Dog?

He loved the first few bites but then found it a ‘bit sickly’ so I don’t think he will be rushing back for another one

Coming Up Next – Keeping With The African Theme – We Are Off To Jiko

Wednesday 25th May 2011

Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have a wonderful weekend :goodvibes

IMG_4602.jpg

Cinnamon Roll @ Roaring Fork

we headed to Tamu Tamu Refreshments

IMG_4636.jpg

Tuna Salad Pita - served with apple slices

Coming Up Next – Keeping With The African Theme – We Are Off To Jiko

Happy Friday, Linda!

That Cinnamon and Pecan roll looks sooooo yummy. I am so looking forward to our second stay with NO DDP - I guess I will live off snacks! :rotfl2:

You know, we never even gave Tamu Tamu a thought, but seeing your tuna salad pita makes me reconsider. That looks just mouthwatering yummy!

I am with your DH on the corndogs! :rotfl2: Tried one and we both were not huge fans of it. I guess this is something you need to grow up with, like rootbeer - yuck!
Don't worry you have to grow up with Sauerkraut and meat filled dumplings as well! :laughing:

Its taken me parts of 3 days to make it to the end, I could hardly wait for this morning to finish with your HDDR and here you have another update! Brilliant reviews!! Thanks for the tip about EOS coming to DLRP, now I am going to have to spring for that annual pass!

That tuna pretty good and I wouldnt normally order something like that out. I just started liking corn dogs last year while pregnant. But from what I've heard the ones at WDW aren't that great, but Disneyland supposedly has good ones.

That pecan cinninmon roll looks to die for !

I like that the scoop of tuna salad and the two slices of tomato form a sort of hidden Mickey.

Happy Friday Linda! :yay:

Another great review! You really are reaching the parts that other reviews don't reach!:lmao:

I would never have thought of Tamu Tamu (and I consider myself to be somewhat of a Disney food expert.....:rolleyes1) but the food from there looked great! I'm not a huge fan of tuna but even I was drooling at the tuna pitta! (Must be because it's nearly teatime...)

I've always wanted to try a corn dog too! Well done to your hubby for having a go!

Happy Friday, Linda!

That Cinnamon and Pecan roll looks sooooo yummy. I am so looking forward to our second stay with NO DDP - I guess I will live off snacks! :rotfl2:

You know, we never even gave Tamu Tamu a thought, but seeing your tuna salad pita makes me reconsider. That looks just mouthwatering yummy!

I am with your DH on the corndogs! :rotfl2: Tried one and we both were not huge fans of it. I guess this is something you need to grow up with, like rootbeer - yuck!
Don't worry you have to grow up with Sauerkraut and meat filled dumplings as well! :laughing:

Hi Karin
Thanks goodness it's the weekend :thumbsup2
I actually really like rootbeer and sauerkraut although probably not at the same time :laughing:

Its taken me parts of 3 days to make it to the end, I could hardly wait for this morning to finish with your HDDR and here you have another update! Brilliant reviews!! Thanks for the tip about EOS coming to DLRP, now I am going to have to spring for that annual pass!

Wow, I admire your staying power, that's an awful lot of my rambling to take in at once :rotfl:
Lots more to come, stay tuned for Jiko next

I would love that tuna pita...that looks so good!

It was just perfect for a light lunch on a very hot day at AK :thumbsup2

That tuna pretty good and I wouldnt normally order something like that out. I just started liking corn dogs last year while pregnant. But from what I've heard the ones at WDW aren't that great, but Disneyland supposedly has good ones.

Oh I would love to go to Disneyland one day :love:
I was working in LA for a week earlier this year but couldn't fit in a visit ... one day I will hopefully

Ditto!! Looks amazing!!!

I am so hungry right now and the tuna pitta (and a margartia) would fit the bill perfectly :goodvibes

That pecan cinninmon roll looks to die for !

I had a couple of these yummy treats during our stay at WL - just delicious :cloud9:

That tuna salad looks so refreshing.

I can never find too much I like to eat at AK so this was a great find :)

I like that the scoop of tuna salad and the two slices of tomato form a sort of hidden Mickey.

Glad you spotted that :thumbsup2 actually there was a very cool hidden Mickey behind Tusker House and the Dawa Bar next to the table where we ate our lunch (thanks to a great CM for pointing it out)

Happy Friday Linda! :yay:

Another great review! You really are reaching the parts that other reviews don't reach!:lmao:

I would never have thought of Tamu Tamu (and I consider myself to be somewhat of a Disney food expert.....:rolleyes1) but the food from there looked great! I'm not a huge fan of tuna but even I was drooling at the tuna pitta! (Must be because it's nearly teatime...)

I've always wanted to try a corn dog too! Well done to your hubby for having a go!

Happy Friday Shari :goodvibes
I don't remember finding much in the way of CS at AK that I have enjoyed in the past; DH likes Flame Tree BBQ but there isn't much for me there so Tamu Tamu was a great find
It's a very small selection on the menu though

The Tuna Salad Pita looks sooo yummy!

It sure was, the pita was really, really fresh and tasty :)

Hey Linda, I have to say that the cinnamon roll looks a little dry. Was it? I am not a fan of pecans so I hope Roaring Fork has normal cinnamon rolls too (I can't remember) :confused3

I am probably alone in that the tuna pita looks awful to me - but I absolutely abhor tuna :sick:

I've never had a corn dog - I've had cornbread though, is it anything like that?

That tuna pitta sure looks good!

Yay on DH getting a free corn dog - it's a shame he didn't enjoy it but at least he did not pay anything for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter