GREEN APPLE. A November Anniversary TR with too many photos! *update 12/19*

Ok folks, I'm having some computer issues, so I'm hoping my whole computer doesn't crash and leave me hanging here! It's very old and making noise. :eek: I'm having trouble editing shots from a photo shoot yesterday, so I'm worried it's just going to crash and die. I do have things backed up on an external, but they are not easy to get to!

So, where were we? Oh yes, the bus stop for MK!

The bus stop was nearly empty, as you can see from my previous picture, and it was 7:20. We had an 8:25 ADR for Crystal Palace, so we were giving ourselves a lot of time. The bus pulled up right away! What luck! Or not. :rolleyes:

It had gone to Kidani first, so those of us at the bus stop at Jambo ended up standing. It wasn't really an issue, it was morning and I was excited! What was an issue was the sprinkle of raindrops that started to hit the front windshield of the bus right around the MK entrance. :sad2:

Rey welcomed the rain, he thought it would cut down on crowds...do you think he was right???

This was a passholder day for FLE, and they had extended the hours to 8am-1am, so we were concerned about crowds. We walked up to what I thought was opening ceremony, but there were really no people going into the park at all??? Hey, I think Rey was right! There might be something to this rain! It was just a tiny sprinkle, starting and stopping, so totally doable!

ReyKarenAKL614.jpg

ReyKarenAKL627-1.jpg

We got a PP card and had our picture taken. I didn't do a share this time, I figured I would just have them use my camera for a shot as well. Last trip we did a PP share and although I did use some of the shots, I had nearly dupicates (for free) with the shots that they took with MY camera. After all, I use the same camera as PP Photographers! Well, I didn't really account for the lens factor. This wide angle lens that I rented sure was becoming a PITA!

ReyKarenAKL629-1.jpg

We entered the park and I nearly gasped! It was decorated for Christmas!!!!!!! :lovestruc I knew that the lights on the castle would be going up during our trip, but didn't realize all the decorations would as well! What a magical surprise!!!

ReyKarenAKL632.jpg

ReyKarenAKL638.jpg

ReyKarenAKL641.jpg

So, we had a couple more PP shots taken. I looked at the ones done with my camera/wide angle and you couldn't even see the castle! It made us so big that our whole bodies covered the castle. They are cute shots, but when I saw these next two pics on my PP card when I got home, I had to buy them. They are the only two PP shots I bought ($$$) but totally worth it as I love them. I'm already in a PP share for my Feb. trip with Savannah...won't make the same mistake twice!

41109810000a.jpg

41109810001a.jpg

We moseyed down Main Street, there were really very few people there. In my shot above, it looks like a lot, but it was a group of people in a tour of some kind. They were dressed up? Anyway, it was starting to sprinkle again, so I had to speed up a bit, wanted to get the camera out of the rain!

ReyKarenAKL650.jpg

ReyKarenAKL653.jpg

Right after the PP shot above, it started raining enough that the PP Photographer said "oh, I'm done!" and headed off. I did the same, I RAN (poncho was still packed up) to CP...Rey walked in the rain. He likes rain, but then again, he doesn't have an expensive camera that's going to get soaked!
We didn't have to wait long after checking in, just enough time for some shots!
ReyKarenAKL659.jpg

ReyKarenAKL665.jpg

Love this shot of Rey standing in the rain...
ReyKarenAKL680.jpg

Up next, breakfast with Rey's favorite character! ;)

I like the rain too as long as isn't pouring. But I also would've run if I'd had my camera out unprotected. :scared:

I don't know much about photography and lenses and shutter speeds and all but I do know that your pictures are fantastic! Love the ones of the empty AKL especially! It may be worth waking up in the middle of the night to get good shots like that with no people in them. :idea:

I like the rain too as long as isn't pouring. But I also would've run if I'd had my camera out unprotected. :scared:

Yep, Rey was annoying me a bit b/c he was acting like the rain was no biggie (REFUSES to wear a poncho...even in pouring rain) and almost acted like I was overeacting when it rained. I don't mind getting wet, I mind my CAMERA getting wet tho! :scared:

I don't know much about photography and lenses and shutter speeds and all but I do know that your pictures are fantastic! Love the ones of the empty AKL especially! It may be worth waking up in the middle of the night to get good shots like that with no people in them. :idea:

Thank you! It was totally worth it, not just for the shots, but it was like being at Disney ALL BY MYSELF! I felt like all of Animal Kingdom Lodge was MINE! It was so peaceful, I loved it. :goodvibes

You guys are still reading, right? It's not boring you to death?!?!? (I'm getting paranoid that I'm talking to myself, which is silly, I always talk to myself!) :p

This was Tuesday, November 6th btw (sometimes I look for days/dates in people's TRs so I can gauge crowds and such)

Right after getting my shot of Rey standing in the rain, they called out name. We were led to our table, which was decorated in honor of our Anniversary, which was nice! :lovestruc

ReyKarenAKL681.jpg

We just love Crystal Palace! I think Rey loves it more than me. I had considered canceling when I thought money would be really tight and he was totally offended, saying that I wouldn't have considered canceling MY choice, Sanaa, but I would cancel HIS?!? I love that he loves CP. I didn't really even feel silly that we didn't have kids with us. I love that about WDW.

Eeyore came to our table before we even went to get our food. I put the camera on auto and let the handler take out pic.
ReyKarenAKL682.jpg

I was ready for food! Last trip I totally missed the puffed french toast?!?! I have no idea what I was thinking, but I totally made up for it this time! :lmao:
My plate:
ReyKarenAKL691.jpg

Rey's plate:
ReyKarenAKL692.jpg

Ok, I'm going to confess here. I have a sickness. In my brain. I know this is horrible, but when I got my food, I grabbed those strawberries with absolutely no intention of eating them! I just thought they would make the plate look prettier for the picture! :rotfl2: What is even funnier is that I realize looking at the shot, I wanted it to look pretty, but then took a bite out of the french toast?!?!? It makes no sense, I guess I couldn't control myself. :p

I know it was wasteful, Rey thought I was crazy when I told him, but a photographer has to do what a photographer has to do! :p

So, I was sitting there eating my 2nd plate of puffed french toast, trying to figure out what it tasted like...french toast...donut...and then it hit me! FUNNEL CAKE!!! That's what puffed french toast tastes like to me! It was fabulous, and the stomach ache and bloat for hours to come from stuffing myself was totally worth it. ;)

As we were eating, Tigger came up behind Rey and surprised him. I love how you can tell he still has food in his mouth!
ReyKarenAKL693.jpg

Here's what I don't get about my slow chewing husband though...we had time to stand up, hand the handler my camera...and he STILL hadn't swallowed? I don't know about you, but in that situation, I would have just swallowed it. His parents made him sit and chew for some ungodly amount of time when he was young, I guess it got ingrained in his brain...

ReyKarenAKL694.jpg

Then Piglet came. Piglet is Rey's favorite...I think it's b/c he's pink. :p Not the sharpest shot, but I love the look on Rey's face here!

ReyKarenAKL695.jpg

ReyKarenAKL698.jpg

It was not very busy that morning, I think a lot of people canceled their ADRs when they realized the park was going to open early that morning. Or maybe it was the rain? I don't know, but I snapped a shot to show there were actually empty tables.
ReyKarenAKL700.jpg

Our breakfast was fantastic, fresh food, relaxed, no worries about RD. I loved it! Oh and I was assaulted by Tigger! I went up to get more puffed french toast and when I came back they were doing the parade. They were coming towards me, so I stepped to the side to get out of the way and Tigger ran up and hugged me! It was fun, I wish Rey had seen it, but he had his back towards me when it happened.

Up next...out into the rain. Time to pull out my poncho!

I was wondering why the people in front of you were all dressed up. That is so cool that the attendance was low :goodvibes The food pics from CP are making me so hungry! I haven’t had breakfast yet! That is hilarious about the strawberries! :lmao: Rey looks like an excited little kid in that shot of him and Piglet! Too cute! I love how WDW can bring out the child in all of us!

Oh, Karen.....of course I am still reading! And look...you have a new follower...

DSCF2576.jpg

Yep, she wouldn't get off my lap to let me read your report. Spoiled baby dog! She seemed to like that bird almost as much as I did!

You know, I hadn't put CP on my list of ADR's because we really felt rushed the last time we ate there. Maybe I'll give it another try. I do love those characters (and I have so many Pooh stickers for the scrapbook!). See, you get a strawberry for a good pic and I get pictures to go with my scrapbook supplies! Yep....we are sick! :lmao:

I love how much Rey loves CP and Piglet. :goodvibes Sometimes I wonder what having a husband who likes things would be like... :laughing:

I was wondering why the people in front of you were all dressed up. That is so cool that the attendance was low :goodvibes The food pics from CP are making me so hungry! I haven’t had breakfast yet! That is hilarious about the strawberries! :lmao: Rey looks like an excited little kid in that shot of him and Piglet! Too cute! I love how WDW can bring out the child in all of us!

Me too! :lovestruc Yep, we saw a couple groups like this, (or I guess it could have been the same group twice?) walking around with a guide of some sort. :confused3

Oh, Karen.....of course I am still reading! And look...you have a new follower...

DSCF2576.jpg

Yep, she wouldn't get off my lap to let me read your report. Spoiled baby dog! She seemed to like that bird almost as much as I did!

You know, I hadn't put CP on my list of ADR's because we really felt rushed the last time we ate there. Maybe I'll give it another try. I do love those characters (and I have so many Pooh stickers for the scrapbook!). See, you get a strawberry for a good pic and I get pictures to go with my scrapbook supplies! Yep....we are sick! :lmao:

Awwwww!!! :lovestruc She's so cute! (hence the name, I'm guessing!) :rotfl2:

I love how much Rey loves CP and Piglet. :goodvibes Sometimes I wonder what having a husband who likes things would be like... :laughing:

:lmao: Yes, but then you have to deal with him liking things you do NOT! I digress... :rolleyes1

LOVING your TR so far!!! Your pictures are INSANELY GORGEOUS! I totally subbed and look forward to reading more...now I am going to go catch up on your previous reports lol! :yay:

TinkerbellM6 said:
LOVING your TR so far!!! Your pictures are INSANELY GORGEOUS! I totally subbed and look forward to reading more...now I am going to go catch up on your previous reports lol! :yay:
(LOL...I had to come back and edit this properly with color and smileys!)
Thanks and WELCOME!!! :welcome: (I would put a cool smiley here if I weren't on my phone right now!) ;)
Oh my last two TRs were way funnier and more dramatic, but as you can already tell, I have a flair for rambling, so you might be reading for days!! LOL!

Yes, Karen I'm still reading and enjoying every minute of it!! I <3 the Magic Kingdom, especially in the rain. I feel like you can get much more done then!! Crystal Palace looks yummy. I have a Pre park opening ADR for there in January. First time. Looking forward to next update. -Amanda princess:

Yes, Karen I'm still reading and enjoying every minute of it!! I <3 the Magic Kingdom, especially in the rain. I feel like you can get much more done then!! Crystal Palace looks yummy. I have a Pre park opening ADR for there in January. First time. Looking forward to next update. -Amanda princess:

Thanks Amanda! I LOVE the prepark opening ADR at Crystal Palace, we have done it every time we went! It's a tradition for us. This time, I was glad that it was Rey & I because normally I'm itching to finish before rope drop, but since I knew Rey & I weren't going on many rides, I wasn't worried about it. It was still REALLY DEAD that morning, even an hour after opening.

I already have an ADR for Savannah & I on our first morning at MK in February too! :lovestruc

I'm still here and really enjoying your photos. I showed this latest batch to DH who is sitting beside me and he's enjoying them too. We loved Crystal Palace for supper, but haven't done the breakfast. We didn't feel funny without kids either. That's one of the things that makes Disney so special!

Is November 6th your actual anniversary? That's my birthday! (Not that I'm calling attention to those any more, if you know what I mean!:crazy2:)

I think the rain definitely keeps people out of the parks. Can't wait to see the next installment.:goodvibes

I'm still here and really enjoying your photos. I showed this latest batch to DH who is sitting beside me and he's enjoying them too. We loved Crystal Palace for supper, but haven't done the breakfast. We didn't feel funny without kids either. That's one of the things that makes Disney so special!

Is November 6th your actual anniversary? That's my birthday! (Not that I'm calling attention to those any more, if you know what I mean!:crazy2:)

I think the rain definitely keeps people out of the parks. Can't wait to see the next installment.:goodvibes

I'm glad you are still reading! I feel silly asking now but my other two TRs were very dramatic and funny and this one seems a little boring to me. I guess a trip without the IL's or kids is a little less crazy! ;)

No, our Anniversary is actually at the end of October, we just couldn't get away until November! My 40th is coming up, I plan on staying 40 forever after that...no more birthdays! :rolleyes1

Hopefully the rain continued to deter the crowds for you guys!! Too funny about you adding the strawberries to your plate for decorative purposes!! Did you actually eat them? I always think that Disney strawberries are MUCH better than strawberries in the real world! :rotfl:

I think it's really cute that Rey likes the Pooh Characters... my DH does too...:thumbsup2 Picture of him and Piglet really sweet...

& That's one of the few character breakfasts we haven't done... and it really looks quite lovely inside the CP...

That's def a priority for next trip...plus it sounds great to be able to get into the park early if you score an early CP ADR...

Hopefully the rain continued to deter the crowds for you guys!! Too funny about you adding the strawberries to your plate for decorative purposes!! Did you actually eat them? I always think that Disney strawberries are MUCH better than strawberries in the real world! :rotfl:

Ah yes, the rain. More on THAT coming right up! No, I didn't eat them! :lmao: I did eat them last time we were there, and they were fantastic, this time I was too full of puffed french toast! :p

I think it's really cute that Rey likes the Pooh Characters... my DH does too...:thumbsup2 Picture of him and Piglet really sweet...

& That's one of the few character breakfasts we haven't done... and it really looks quite lovely inside the CP...

That's def a priority for next trip...plus it sounds great to be able to get into the park early if you score an early CP ADR...

There's nothing like walking down Main Street with it nearly empty! This time we had that group, and the park had already opened, but on previous trips, we had the whole place practically to ourselves! The meal is great as well, I normally don't love breakfast buffets and I think it's yummy! :thumbsup2

Let's all sing now...Rain, rain, go away, but thank-you-for-scaring-the-crowds-away! ;)

So, we had just finished breakfast and I was stuffed full of stuffed french toast! :p This was all new to me, I'm usually a little anxious at breakfast, wanting the characters to hurry up a bit, wanting to get outside, wanting my IL's to hurry up (oh, that's another TR!) ;) And trust me, in February, Savannah & I will be doing our Dumbodash! We don't run or anything crazy like that, but it's tradition to hit Dumbo first for us, so it was a little strange to just mosey out of CP and "wing-it"!

I couldn't totally break tradition, I told Rey I wanted to go through the castle. I just don't think it would feel right if we didn't! Stepped off the CP porch and realized I was going to have to pull out the poncho. I don't mind getting wet, but a wet camera is not a good thing. At first I tried to just cover the camera with the poncho all bunched up, but right about after I took this shot, I had to give in and just put it on.

ReyKarenAKL710.jpg

I had my prime lens on (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE) and that was poor planning on my part. I started to see things I wanted to shoot with the wide angle as soon as we started walking towards the castle (including the castle) but the rain made me feel like I couldn't change out lenses. I wonder how much wider this shot would have been with the rented lens!

ReyKarenAKL719.jpg

Onward we went! As we got back to FLE, I started getting really frustrated as it started raining harder. I couldn't get the shots I had looked forward to getting of the area b/c the rain was getting on my camera, even when I tried to just pull it out for a couple shots AND I didn't have the wide angle on. So, I just snapped a few shots and decided to let it go. Ok, it wasn't THAT easy, I believe I stood there grumbling and it was Rey's turn to use our trip-catchphrase..."We're together, that's all that matters!" So... FLE pics will have to wait until February! (besides, only passholders were actually getting into the new area, so I wouldn't have been able to get those shots anyway)
ReyKarenAKL728.jpg

ReyKarenAKL729.jpg

ReyKarenAKL730.jpg

ReyKarenAKL733.jpg

ReyKarenAKL734.jpg

ReyKarenAKL735.jpg

I hadn't planned on spending much time in Fantastyland with Rey, that's my special place with Savannah, so after getting so frustrated, I told Rey I wanted to head to one of my favorite rides! I then realized, on the way there, that this rain was a good thing! It was pretty dead. Then, I did something you won't believe. I walked right by this:

ReyKarenAKL738.jpg

I know, insane, right?!?!? WALKED.RIGHT.PAST. (you can even tell I'm walking right past b/c it's just a snapshot of the wait time)

PP is one of my all-time-favorite rides. I tear up when I go on it, it's usually the 2nd ride we do after Dumbo. Something about the music, it just makes it all REAL. I'm here. I'm in Disney World! And, most of you don't know this, it seems like I go to WDW a ton, but it was a long, hard, road to get there. We had some really bad financial years and canceled trips. Our first trip had been just Savannah & I with a friend, so when we finally got back there and I sat on PP, I cried and just let it all go. It is such a symbol of WDW for me and getting through the tough years we did. AND...I just couldn't ride it without Savannah. It already makes me teary and I knew without her there I would be sad, she loves it as much as me. AND...I know you won't believe this from my Piglet-loving-husband, but Rey doesn't care for it?!?!?!? :confused3 I know, crazy, right?

So, I sighed and walked right past that 5 minute wait. I think if we had ever had to wait for PP, I might have jumped at the opportunity, but the 3 other trips we have gone on, we have been able to walk right on in the morning, I'm always baffled at how people talk about the lines, but I know they get huge b/c I've seen the wait times in the afternoons and on my ride app. Ooops, off on a little ramble there! ;)

Where was I headed then? 1 of the 3 rides that we went on the whole trip. None of you guess it! As we rounded the corner, I thanked the Disney raingods b/c this is what I saw...
ReyKarenAKL740.jpg

and turn to the right!
ReyKarenAKL745.jpg

That's right! PP and HM are tied for my favorite rides in MK. (LOL...look at all those abbreviations!) Rey humored me as I put the wide angle back on since we were in the covered area. WALKED.RIGHT.ON. WOOT!
ReyKarenAKL756.jpg

The lens was FANTASTIC in the stretching room. I've always had an impossible time since it's so small. (and dark)
ReyKarenAKL767.jpg

ReyKarenAKL769.jpg

one shot before I stopped taking pics. I don't use a flash, but the light on my camera was coming on to try and focus. It's small, but Rey griped at me and so I figured it might bother others too and just stopped trying and enjoyed the ride! This is my favorite part of the ride though, I LOVE this room!
ReyKarenAKL779.jpg

Yay! I got my ride fix and wanted more! We came out and this is what it looked like: The rain had stopped! Yay!
ReyKarenAKL781.jpg

ReyKarenAKL788.jpg

Up next: I was ready for another ride! Where do you think we headed? (not the People Mover, you guys already guessed that correctly...and easily looking at my picture!) ;)
Here's the direction we headed after HM, that's a tiny hint (and rules out Frontierland!)

ReyKarenAKL792.jpg

Oh wow! I am loving your pictures! I know I've said that, but each one I think, this is my favorite, then I see more and think, no, this is my favorite. So clearly I can't choose a fav. I do really like the one of the little girl in the arch. She seems in awe. And of course the ones of HM! One of my favorite rides in MK! And love the shots of the EMPTY park. And that last one of the castle could be framed! See? I told you I couldn't pick a favorite!:rolleyes1 Keep them coming. Please and thank you!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter