Great Wolf Lodge - discount codes - experiences

DebMcDonald

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of meeting family at the Great Wolf Lodge in the Pocno Mts in PA. Can anyone give me any of their experiences - good and bad and on the website there is a place for a discount code, does anyone have one?

I need a meeting place halfway between Boston and Detroit for a family get-together, this is closer to us in Boston, but any other idea I'd appreciate it also.

Thanks!!!

We have been to the one in Sandusky several times and really enjoyed it. We like that the whole place is under one roof. We usually go in January and love spending a day or two in shorts. They have something for everyone's swimming level. Even my then-6-month-old had fun on our first trip.

The food can be expensive, but you're paying for the convenience of not having to go outside. It's fairly tasty and simple - no fine dining here!

We have always been able to find discounts on the website. Sometimes they have a promotion with Pepsi where you bring a special can for $50-75 off per night. Sometimes it's just a code. Either way, we've never paid rack rate and never had to look far for a discount. Get on their mailing list if you can.

Have a great trip!

--H

We stayed in the one in Sandusky and thought it was pretty good. Kind of a knock-off Wilderness Lodge. The room was generously sized, though they had a dizzying array of room categories, and seemed obsessed with balconies, even though most of them overlooked the parking lot!

The pool area was quite nice, and the kids really did seem to get a kick out of it. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I could get a fair rate.

We just stayed at one in Niagara Falls in June. We had a great time. The rooms were the largest I have ever stayed in. We had the Kids Cabin which my kids loved. They thought it was so cool having their own room. We had a great time with the park staying until closing the one night and checking out and staying until about 2 in the afternoon. I brought snacks and breakfast with us so we just ate dinner there which was a pretty good deal. It was a very positive experience and we are planning to make it a yearly thing.

Kathe

if you go to the check in desk at the one in p.a they have menus for the piza place down the hill which will deliver to the lodge !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter