Great Waterproof Camera :)

TrainerBBD

Love Going To Theme Parks For Our Vacays :)
We had lost two of our point and shoot camera's due to water damage during water rides at WDW and Busch so I thought I would share that we have loved our Fugi camera as it is water proof and shock (drop) proof.

Fujifilm FinePix XP10 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD

We have used it underwater in the pool and the kids have dropped it too many times to count and it is still clicking away.

Pics turn out great and the video is better than our past point and shoots.

We paid around $175 (Can) for the camera + SD10 card

Anyway just wanted to share :)

Dan

I picked up and used the Kodak ZX5 before out last trip. It worked pretty good for movies and pictures. The price was right too. I used it on all the water rides, onsite pools, and HRH water slide.:thumbsup2

We got a Panasonic Lumix a couple of years ago and it has been great at the beach, on water slides and in the ocean.

Thanks for the info...we have a kodak playsport and it takes nice video. These cameras have really come a long way in terms of low cost quality. It was funny when I saw the "No Underwater Photography" sign at Hersheypark this summer.

I recently bought an Olympus 550WP - found it on clearance at Walmart for $49. I was going to buy the new cheaper Kodak one, but this had an actual optical zoom and more options to adjust the settings. I think it is a discontinued model, probably why it was so cheap.

It isn't the greatest in terms of image quality (had I paid more for it I would probably be complaining), but it for the price it does great - even managed to capture an image that won third place in an amateur photo contest. If you're the kind of person who mostly only makes small prints or posts online, the picures are fine.

I mainly bought it because we do a lot of boating, swimming, and canoeing in the summer, and I cringe at the thought of losing/damaging my much more expensive "good" camera, but I plan to also use it on my upcoming Florida vacation.

Yeah the cameras have come alonnnnng way.

The first one we broke was on Kali River Rapids, My DD was taking a pic and she got soaked so that was it for that one and then the next year while we were at Busch I thought I would be smart and put the camera in my pocket during the big flume ride they have BUT I got soaked and the water got in my pocket, so that was the end of that one.... LOL

It was then when we asked about waterproof cameras and the only one they had at the time in-store was the Fugi one so we went with that as we figured odds are we will get soaked again on a future trip.

My DD loves swimming at the bottom of the pool while we take pics... She thinks it is cool seeing herself blow bubbles etc.

Thanks for the list of other great cameras ... I'm sure it will come in handy as our luck is bound to run out and we will need to get a new one at some point :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!