Great Snacks in WDW - a Guide

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by t_catt11, Jul 6, 2011.

1. t_catt11

t_catt11 Pin Trading Addict

Thanks to all who responded to my "best snacks in WDW" thread last week. I've taken some of those responses, mixed them with personal knowledge, and put together a little article on snacks at Disney. Please feel free to check out the article - I'd love feedback.

Did I overlook a great snack? Did I miss yet another typo? :rotfl:

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

I honestly think the Jalapeno Cheese Pretzels at AK should be on that list.

4. pooksma

pooksma <font color=red>Can't help it~there is something a

Mmmm my mouth is watering just reading that! :lmao:

Churros are DS' fav snack. I will def be trying a cookie sandwich on this trip. Thanks!:goodvibes

5. Tosie

Tosie 1100 miles from "home"

I caught one typo - acceptAble not acceptIble. :)

Great article - would love a zebra dome right about now!

6. t_catt11

Where can you get them? Are they another variation of the "big pretzel"? I don't think that I've ever noticed these... info would be good. :)

7. t_catt11

Thanks for that catch. I have revised it.

8. wdwrich

wdwrich DIS Veteran

Great job. Not sure if you're limiting your treats to theme park offerings, but Dole Whips are also available at Captain Cook's (Polynesian Resort).

9. t_catt11

No, I'm not limiting it that way - see zebra domes. Another revision, coming right up!

10. Barnhill9586

Barnhill9586 DIS Dad's Club Member #556

Great article OP! :)

11. okw19

okw19 DIS Veteran

Yum! I'm hungry now. :rotfl:

12. Quin

Quin DIS Veteran

I also believe it is "Napoleon", not "Napolean". However you spell it, I love them.

And you can keep your nasty spicy Jalapeno pretzels; stick with the original sweet cream cheese filled soft pretzel from The Lunching Pad in MK. Sorry, folks, not a fan of peppers at any time, but love my cream cheese.

And if you are going for unique non-park snacks, don't forget the Oreo bon-bons only available on the dessert table at the Cape May dinner buffet.

And the ability to "go for broke" and try, I dunno, maybe 27 different types of snacks by going to the Wishes Dessert Party in the MK.

13. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

Yep, another variation on "The Big Pretzel". The ONLY place I've regularly seen them at DAK is at the little cart near the exit to Kali River Rapids. I can't remember if I found them on my last trip near the Safari or not...

14. t_catt11

Thanks for this. I have added these pretzels.

Quin: I have also added the dessert party (good idea!) and fixed my Napoleon typo. How did I manage that one? :confused3

15. angryduck71

angryduck71 Mouseketeer

I didn't realize the Dole Whips are dairy free! My MIL will LOVE this! Thanks!:cool1:

16. t_catt11

That *is* a pretty nifty tip, isn't it? :goodvibes

Thanks to all of the input, folks!

Now, time to get back to my "preventing/dealing with missing kids at WDW" article in the works.

17. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

I don't care how you spell it, I just want somebody to tel me how to eat them without squishing down and having the cream coming out the sides :lmao:

And no fair teasing us with snacks that are only available with the price of a meal (Zebra Domes and Oreo bon bons). That should be set aside for your next article, "Great Desserts of the World"

18. t_catt11

That's why I didn't include the bon bons - but the zebra domes are actually available as stand alone snack. Go to the Mara, check out the refridgerated section - they are available in boxes of five. :thumbsup2

19. Quin

Quin DIS Veteran

I knew the Zebra Domes were for sale in the AK CS; didn't know whether the bon-bons might be available at BC/YC CS as well.

To eat the Napoleon: you can TRY standing it along one long edge and cutting slices with a knife. Or you can just deconstruct it a bit, taking off the top pastry layers before you begin cutting. Take a bite or cut a piece of the pastry, then take a bite/cut a piece of the bottom layer that starts with the filling.

Besides, it's vacation. You're supposed to get your fingers all sticky with ooey gooey goodness, right?

20. t_catt11

I don't know the answer to this one. If anyone else does, I'd love to hear for sure!

21. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Dole Whips are lactose free but not dairy free. They contain casein which is a milk derivative and can cause issues to those with dairy problems.