Great service at SSR

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
just wanted to share a small story about my recent encounter with the reception at SSR.

I'm doing a 1 week stay at SSR combined with 2 days at AKV kidani.

I have ordered several items from eBay to be delivered to the resort. I used the "hold for guest arrival xxx" whiched worked for some of the parcels. 3 of my parcels was delivered and signed for at the resort but have some how disappeared.

The guy working the reception did whatever he could to try to locate them, but he was unsuccessful. He ended up offering me 200$ plus taxi vouchers to a mall for the inconvenience.

I told him I only needed about 75$ since that was the total value of my purchases but he insisted.

To me that is great service, even though they did loose my 3 parcels.

Regards

Nice that they gave you some money, my concern is where did your delivered parcels go? Were they given to a wrong party or did a Disney CM steal them?

:earsboy: Bill

Nice that they gave you some money, my concern is where did your delivered parcels go? Were they given to a wrong party or did a Disney CM steal them?

:earsboy: Bill

Well the don't know. The parcels arrived 8 days prior to arrival - either they misplaced them or maybe someone stole them. According to the tracking number they haven't been shipped back(yet)

My last name is not commonly used so I don't think they handed them over to someone else.

If they were stolen I hope they are happy with my iPhone charging cables and pharmacy products that I ordered

Since they are minor things I'm happy with the solution. Had it been more expensive stuff the situation might have been different.

Regards

Have stayed at SSR several times and they have always gone above and beyond to fix a mistake. Even a mistake outside of their hands. They got me my money back on tommerland terrace dessert party. Called transportation got them to pick up a huge crowd waiting for a magic kingdom bus. Then called transportation again and got the driver of the bus after dropping people off at the magic kingdom to tell us to stay on the bus and he was told to take us to our dining ressie at fort wilderness and they paid for the breakfast buffet at trails end for 4 people and the tip. I will never forget that.

There was also a waiter at The turf club who would go out of his way to get to know you and take care of you. The first time I ate there he brought us free champagne. From than on he recalled us. Even if he was not our waiter he would come over say hi, shake our hands, wish us happy holidays or whatever.

The resort has a bad reputation. It's to big, it's to far from everything, bus service is slow, the staff is rude. But I have had nothing but great experiences and return again and again. It's another home for me.

I stayed at SSR for the first time after owning DVC for 12 years. I can say by far it was the highlight of my trip... I ran across some not so friendly CM's in the parks and DS this time which was a first and hopefully last but not at SSR the CM's were all the way Disney is supposed to be. As far as walking???? the bus stop and pool were the closest of all the resorts we have stayed at and there are only 2 we have not... walking to carriage house was always fast and easy as even walking to or from DS... we stayed in the Padock section... Gotta say SSR in my opinion is the most underrated resort... Enjoyed it far more than most of the others... funny thing is there are always questions about resorts closest to the best dining.. SSR hands down is that resort and getting even better with all the new places to eat at DS...Sorry Disney owned food places you have gotten way out of line for what you serve...

I stayed at SSR for the first time after owning DVC for 12 years. I can say by far it was the highlight of my trip... I ran across some not so friendly CM's in the parks and DS this time which was a first and hopefully last but not at SSR the CM's were all the way Disney is supposed to be. As far as walking???? the bus stop and pool were the closest of all the resorts we have stayed at and there are only 2 we have not... walking to carriage house was always fast and easy as even walking to or from DS... we stayed in the Padock section... Gotta say SSR in my opinion is the most underrated resort... Enjoyed it far more than most of the others... funny thing is there are always questions about resorts closest to the best dining.. SSR hands down is that resort and getting even better with all the new places to eat at DS...Sorry Disney owned food places you have gotten way out of line for what you serve...
I have to agree with you. From what I've read on here and other forums you would think SSR was basically just a moderate + at best. Well, I stayed there last month in a 2 BR villa, and it far exceeded my expectations. The Springs section was also super convenient. It probably would still be ranked near the bottom of the DVC resorts for me due to convenience to parks, but I still would stay here anytime and in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter