• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great server on Fantasy??

I've had lovely servers on our Disney Cruises, but our server Kabello from South Africa (on our cruise just 2 weeks ago) was PHENOMENONAL! Truly made a huge positive impact on our vacation - the kids (7 & 3) adored him.

He was 6 weeks into a 6-month contract.

Have a great trip!

@amykilbreath

Just got off the Fantasy two days ago:cool1:

ASk for Ivica from Croatia

He is tremendous!!!!!

What a delight!!!

He added to our experience and is just an all around terrific person!!!pixiedust:

For the last 3 cruises, we've requested Sergio (from Montenegro). He's our favorite server and have requested him again for our April cruise. He's always had different assistants though. I don't know for sure, but I'm not sure you can request a "team" as they move around, but you can request the main server for sure. I may be wrong though….
But I love that we'll already know him!!
I've heard a lot of people request him as well.

I AGREE!!!! We had a group of 8 people, and he and his assistant Mircea (Romania) were amazing. They always had time, even in a busy dining room, to show us magic tricks, give us puzzles, and pay each of us special attention. I even got a waltz at the Royal Court. :thumbsup2

We also had Sergio and Mircea. They were amazing. My kids still talk about the magic tricks they did.

Edward w. From England is wonderful. We had him on the magic a few years ago and requested him again last month. He is wonderful
We had Edward as our main server last January as well!:thumbsup2 We also had Hanti( I think that's how you spell it) from South Africa. They were both wonderful!:banana: They always did jokes, magic tricks, "special" ketchups and chocolate sauces and so much more! They are probably the best we have had!
Vicki

We also had Sergio and Mircea. They were amazing. My kids still talk about the magic tricks they did.

Sergio's asst. as of March 9 was Pamela from Peru. Mircea was still there, but not with Sergio. He recognized us from Dec and stopped over to say hello. We talked to him several times.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are going on our first Fantasy cruise in June but have cruised 16 times on DCL. Most servers have been excellent but not all

My all time favorite server just happens to be on the Fantasy - Jamie Lee from England - oh my goodness - she was aMAHHHHzing.

We had Jaime Lee in Nov/Dec and she was leaving to go on the Dream. She had been dating someone on there and said she was changing for love . . .

The Andre you had was he from Jamaica? We had an Andre from Jamaica on both our cruises on the Magic. Our last one Jan 12 he told us he was moving to the Fantasy. We loved him & will miss him on our B2B on the Dream

This Andre hails from Trinidad & Tobago.

I've had lovely servers on our Disney Cruises, but our server Kabello from South Africa (on our cruise just 2 weeks ago) was PHENOMENONAL! Truly made a huge positive impact on our vacation - the kids (7 & 3) adored him.

He was 6 weeks into a 6-month contract.

Have a great trip!

@amykilbreath

We didn't have Kabello as a regular server but for lunch in the Enchanted Garden, Kabello was our server. He was such a great server that he remembered us when we saw him later during our dinner rotations. He has years of experience with Disney Cruise Line. I would love to go back and have him as our assigned server ;)

We were just on the 3/9 Fantasy Eastern, and we had Lorraine from Jamaica as our main server, and Rudwin from Honduras (I think?) as the assistant. The head server was Jaime (can't remember where he was from).

We ADORED Lorraine and Rudwin. They were so fantastic with our kids (DD10 and DS6). Lorraine finished her contract and was flying back home on Saturday, but she said she'd be coming back. Rudwin was quite the talent at keeping our kids entertained. for several nights, he set out logic puzzles out of crayons. Other nights, he made napkin dolls for them to play with. On the last night he was defying gravity laws with toothpicks and utensils on top of the wine bottle. He was great. I fully expected the kids to ask to eat dinner in the kids club each night, but EVERY SINGLE NIGHT they wanted to come to the dining room to see Rudwin. They even freaked out one day when they saw him working at Fillmore's at lunchtime.

We weren't too excited about Jaime initially. We were three nights into the cruise before we even knew who the head server was. We figured out why though, once we did meet him. By the time he came by to introduce himself, he spent a LOT of time at our table talking to us. We were ready to not tip him if we never even met him, but he did stop by each night for the rest of the cruise.

We were just on the May 25th Disney Fantasy sailing and had Melissa and Sugi...they were phenomenal!! They were fantastic with our kids, always smiling and making sure we had everything we needed.

We were also on the 5/25 Fantasy sailing and had Sergio and Jonathan. They were both absolutely wonderful! Our group had 4 adults, 2(16) teens and my DS (7). Both were great with all ages and paid so much attention to my 7 yr old. Sergio called him his captain and was the BEST! We will request him again and again. Jonathan was also wonderful. Both were extremely attentive and had puzzles, magic tricks, and brain teasers for all of us. My youngest was enthralled and is still talking about them.

Sergio also had recommendations for each night, and they were always pretty much spot-on. ;)

I would insert a few pictures if I could figure out how, but anyway, I can't say enough good things about Sergio and Jonathan!

Has anyone had Tiziana Busso from Italy as their server recently? We had her in December and she was great.

We had Tiziana and Rosie on our Jan. cruise. So much love for them!!! We've requested them for our Oct. cruise. Tiziana did say she was training to become a head server.

we cruised last October 2012 with another family. We had a total of 7 kids (7 and under)! so you can imagine our table was a "hot mess" every night with that many kids, we were all together at a large family table. Our head server was Gustavo with assistant server Laura. I do not know where they were from.
I thought they were wonderful! So patient with all of us, once again especially with that many young children at one table, who were always active and energetic!!

We cruised on the Fantasy twice last year and made sure that Emmanuel was our server. Head Server Liam (Jamaica) is also very good. :thumbsup2

Here's another strong vote for Head Server Liam (Jamaica)! On the Fantasy last October (2012), we were in his section and had Bulalani (Server) and Sunny (Asst Server) as our team. They were great with our large party. Highly recommend! :goodvibes

I also recommend Melissa and Sugi. We had them on our May 11th Fantasy cruise. They were awesome. Wemmick was our head waiter and it was the first time in 6 cruises a head waiter really make an impression on us. They were a wonderful team.

We had Shellyann from Trinidad and Tobago. She was wonderful and made us feel like we were her family.

Nothing was ever said about the comment card or giving her an excellent, she just provided excellent service. I told her the last night that I appreciated that and we were giving her an excellent and it was a pleasure to have someone who earned it without any words to request it.

She and her asst server were working together for the first time and we did not find taht out until the last night. They were so good we never suspected, there was no noticeable learning curve. I am sorry I forgot her name, but she was from the Phillipines.

how do you go about asking for specific servers? right when you get on board?

thanks

that's what we've done.....the danger is they may have to re-arrange your table placing so as to move you to the server you requested, and you may end up in the corner by yourselves...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter