Great new board, introduce yourselves...

Hi my name is Cindy. Boy.... I inquired about the return of this site a few months ago and never scrolled down far enough to see it was here.:( Well better late then never..) I am single and just turned 39 again a few days ago.(LOL) I Have been to WDW over 30 times and until last year always traveled with my Mom( she passed away last July) I get down there 3-4 times a year and usually opt for the AS but will be staying at the Pop Century from 3/15-3/23. May try to make it for Halloween just dont know if I can get the time off from work. I have two cats....Raven and Bobbi.....I work for the city of Buffalo as a system anylist and must say I am blessed to actually like what I do. I was on the seven day cruise (Disney Magic) this past March and have tentatively booked for 3/03. I am a Disneyholic to say the least. I have over 500 Disney Beanies and getting that close on the pins. On this March trip coming up I have booked to swim with the Dolphins at Sea Word. Well, just wanted to stop in and say and introduce myself.
Cindy

Hi all!!!!I am DisneyDoll, married to Terry Sheehan on these boards...at least I think that's what he goes by!!!! We are married 10 years, no kids, adorable Springer Spaniel named Ted. Went to WDW on our honeymoon...I had been before, he hadn't, the heathen:eek: !!!! We've been going back ever since,at least twice a year and love it!!!!!!!!

But I think the remaining steps are:

step 6 - starting to plan your trip 3 years in advance

step 7 - dreaming of a mouse every day and night until going

step 8 - talking about it with everyone you know until they actually believe you have a problem (hello, my name is Joline, and I have a Disney problem)

step 9 - buying and/or reading books, spending time online, buying clothes, etc. that all represent something disney

step 10 - thinking of all the things you can do different on your next trip that you didn't/forgot to do on your last

step 11 - when you own all the disney cartoons and don't even have any children (totally guilty I am)

step 12 - setting up a bank account used only for disney, and nothing else, even if that money could be used for a mortgage payment when you are about to lose the home - or - saving money for disney 3 years in advance to your trip!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

anybody else have some thoughts, or would like to change my version??

Joline

Bumping this to see if we don't have a few new people coming over now that would like to introduce themselves too.

Okay here goes. Am 52 never married no children except for myself.I chose Esmerelda51 because that was my age at the time and one of the most moving scenes in a Disney film for me was God Bless the Outcasts scene in Notre Dame. Will make the big step of staying on site at the Poly in Sept. Have gone 3 times before on my own and always stayed at a DD hotel. Can"t wait to feel the Disney Magic on site. I am also a big Star Trek fan. Have woked for almost a year and a half with out a vacation, so this one is going to be totally self-indulgent I work at a large university and we just put in many changes and timing for a vacation just never worked out with our cycle. Am going nuts with still 2 months to wait.

Hi, I'm Pam (31) and I'm an addict. I am single and made a major decision last spring to stop spoilling my neice and nephew and spending it all on my "habit". I am a Manufacturing Engineer, currently unemployed, spending huge amounts of time planning a vacation in September that I can't go on until I find a job. My family doesn't even know how bad I've gotten, (technically, I have 4 trips booked right now) and don't understand the need to go to Disney more than once a year. so please help LOL

Any one else out there??

I'm 38 years old, single, and live in Northern California. I just moved here two months ago from the Gulf Coast and it was the smartest move I've ever made...except for the cost of living out here. But hey, after you've been to WDW, who thinks about the cost of anything? It's all relative, eh?

I'm an engineer for a large energy manufacturing facility (that means I work in a refinery, but that's a bad word out here). I love my line of work. It keeps me outdoors and indoors whenever I want. And I get to wear jeans and tennis shoes to the office! I like to run and hike. And drink microbrews!

I went to WDW for the first time in 25 years in April, 2001. I took my niece and nephew as decoys (kids always justify a trip to WDW, right?). Actually, I took them over their school spring break as a Christmas gift from "Aunt Nicelady". I got a great AP rate at CBR for the April, 2001 trip, so now I own an AP through early April, 2002! If I didn't own the AP, I wouldn't even consider another trip to WDW, but...with frequent flyer miles (no airfare), it makes for a pretty cheap vacation in January, 2002, so I'm gonna do it! I'll be taking a solo trip in January and staying at the AS-Mu. This trip, however, I'll be able to hang out at PI and the Boardwalk wherever and whenever I want to (sans kids!).

I love this board. Hope to garner lots of info from it between now and January. And I'd love to meet Bob Braezel (is that how you spell it?). You just sound like a fun guy!

Hi, am a 33 year old female with a 9 yo tiger striped cat named Midora (named after the Japanese figure skater who won the silver in '92). I live outside of Philadelphia (quite a change, since I spent most of my life in Philly, and still sound like it) and work at a 401(k) recordkeeping firm. I also work part-time at one of the local Disney Stores. My five year anniversary with the company is coming up September 15. I am going to WDW in late September, to visit some former CMs who now live & work there. I am a BIG Star Wars and Star Trek fan, and I also collect dolls. I made my first trip to WDW in 1974, going down every summer for a day (visiting my GP, who lived in Tampa at the time). My first on-site trip was right after Thanksgiving in 1994, and it is so hard not to stay on property!!!! When I went down for the WDCS mini-con last year, I realized that staying on the monorail loop is sooooo much better! Love going there anyway!

I live in Wallyworld also. I guess that makes three so far. I am known as PA@okw95. The PA is what my little granddaughter calls me and as you can guess we have been members at OKW since 95. We go to WDW about 2 times a year, usually in the winter. I love the warm weather down there and the fine restaurants. Wallyworld has a lot of restaurants also but none I would call fine. So I guuess that is about it.

where is wallyworld? And is that the name of a city?

wallyworld is a nickname for our home town of Wallingford Connecticut. If you have ever seen
the movie National Lampoons Vacation and been to our town, you would understand why we call it Wallyworld!!! too funny!!

My name is Nichole, and I am 28. I am a substitute teacher who usually gets stuck doing long - term assignments most of the year! I taught for 1 year and decided to try subbing, not that I didn't love teaching, I just wanted to shop around and enjoy my freedom. I seem to work from mid-july to end of June now, with my only time off being the time I take off. I really love that I can take my vacations at almost any time of the year, so I can get great deals on most of my trips.
I recently starting going to WDW (at the end of '99) and have since been back 4 times, with my next trip in 18 days!
The reason I asked if there was room is because while I visit WDW alot, I actually am a Premium park Passholder at DLR, the Disneyland Resort. I go to Disneyland at least onceor twice a week, solo. Every so often I can get my family to come too (my 16 yr. old sister, mom, grandma, and aunt) since they are AP's too. I have been an AP since I got my first one for my birthday in 1996. While I didn't used to go every week before, I have now for about the last year, unless I'm on vacation at WDW where I am also an AP!
I love traveling to WDW alone. Two out of my four trips have been, and I have made lots of wonderful friends there because of it. I visit with so many people now when I go, people that I would have never met before if I had traveled with my family or friends.
I am also a Disney pin collector/ trader, and that has really helped me to meet new people every time I go to Disneyland or WDW.
I know many other people who go to DL solo and as couples, and I think they would enjoy a board like this as well. So, is there room for us too?
Nichole
:jester:

Hello

My Name is Jennifer, I am 19 and from Flint Michigan. I live with my fiance Nate who is 20. We have been to WDW only once together, but are planning a trip in November. Can't Wait! We also have a calico kitty name Dee Dee.

Most of my frineds think I am crazy for loving WDW so much. But then I just think about all they are missing out on.

I am currently in nursing school, and also wait tables to pay for my WDW escapes!!

Amor4Pooh,

Welcome to the Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers board. I see you've been a DIS member for a while. We hope to see you over here on this board a lot.

As for DL vs. WDW, I think that the title of this board says it all; "Disney for ...". Not "DL for ..." or "WDW for ...". Sounds like to me it covers it all, so I'd say that means it is open to those interested in DL, WDW, Tokyo, Paris, Cruises and anything Disney as it relates to Adults and Solo Travelers.

I know personally I'd like to know more about DL. I live in Phoenix and it would be easier to get to DL than WDW. I've just always gone to WDW and love it so much that I have a hard time doing anything else.

As adults traveling without children and as solo travelers, I think we often have more freedom in travel times and destinations. You just might convince some of us to spend more time at DL.

My name is Lisa, I'm 41 and my DH Paul is 50. We have a DD age 10 and a DS age 7. We live 2 hours from WDW and go as often as possible. The reason I came to this board is because we make 2 trips a year to WDW without the kids - one in April for our anniversary and one in November for a convention my DH goes to every year. The kids understand as we usually take them at least 4 or 5 times a year. I have been a Disneyholic since 1972 when my family moved to Florida. I've been at least twice a year since then. We have been DVC members since 1997 and, like everyone, wish we had joined sooner. My DD and I are also pin traders and make lots of day trips to WDW. We look forward to meeting some of you on future trips!:)

Hi All!

I'm Mary. I'm 42, single, no kids(yet). (OK, Lisa, Beth, Nancy, Carol and anyone else - how about an over 40 single women's trip to WDW?).

I do have 2 wonderful nieces (11 and almost 14) who live in Florida and go to WDW less than I do (I love my BIL, but he is NOT into Disney). I also have a 5 month old nephew who lives in Dallas.

I don't have any pets, although I have been thinking a long time about getting a dog.

I work as a computer analyst in the customer information system area at a utility company. We are currently working on electric deregulation for Texas, and installilng a new system for the other companies we work with.

I first went to Disney World in 1974 or 1975; our family went with my dad to an IEEE/EEI (electrical engineers) convention - there was something to do with the WEDway people mover, but it's all too long ago for me to remember!

Since that time, I've been back dozens and dozens of times - with family, friends, but mainly alone. I feel safe and happy at Disney! I have an annual pass (since about 1993) and go about 4 times a year. If at all possible I try to never miss:
Flower and Garden show
Food and Wine Festival
Between Thanksgiving and Christmas for the Christmas festivities

I also like Labor Day week, and a Jan/Feb trip with a particular friend. The only time I've never been to WDW is between Memorial Day and Labor Day (the summer).

One of these days I want to take the Disney Cruise.

Most of my friends and family think I'm crazy for going to Disney so much, but hey, I know all of you understand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter