Great iPhone 6s trade-up deal

ValpoCory

DIS Veteran
My apologies if already posted, as it's not a new deal.

If any of you have an old but working iPhone 5, 5s, or 6, you can take it to BestBuy and trade it in to get a $200 Best Buy Gift Card if you get and activate a iPhone 6s. Here's the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/iphone-gc-offer/pcmcat748300713364.c?id=pcmcat748300713364

And the 64GB versions are on sale right now from $299 to $199.

My wife and I today each turned in our 16GB iPhone 5 phones and each got a $199 64GB iPhone 6s and just paid the tax. We could have opted for the 16GB and had some gift card left over, but we wanted the 64GB for how we use the phone.

The link says it works for Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and Spring customers. We are Sprint customers.

Just FYI if any of you have an old iPhone and want to upgrade for really cheap.

Were you eligible for an upgrade with Sprint, or is that the paid-for cash price? Is the $200 gift card all you received? It seems a 5s or 6 would be worth more than that as a trade in or on the open market elsewhere.

Were you eligible for an upgrade with Sprint, or is that the paid-for cash price? Is the $200 gift card all you received? It seems a 5s or 6 would be worth more than that as a trade in or on the open market elsewhere.
Just for comparison, we asked at Verizon Wireless and were told that our 5s was worth $130 as a trade-in value.

I just looked up the trade-in value of my 64GB iPhone 6 on Best Buy's trade-in site and it gave me a value of $301. If you have an older phone the $200 GC is probably a good deal, but for a 6 or 6s you'll likely do better with just a straight up trade in either at Best Buy or elsewhere.

I just looked up the trade-in value of my 64GB iPhone 6 on Best Buy's trade-in site and it gave me a value of $301. If you have an older phone the $200 GC is probably a good deal, but for a 6 or 6s you'll likely do better with just a straight up trade in either at Best Buy or elsewhere.
Or sell it privately. You probably could get > $350 that way.

Or sell it privately. You probably could get > $350 that way.
True. But then I'd have to buy the new phone first so I wouldn't be without a phone. This is all hypothetical anyway since my current contract isn't up until next October, so I think I'd have to upgrade through Sprint directly and the deals there aren't as good if you are still under contract.

I just looked at the link and I'm not seeing the 64gb ones for $199 they are showing as $299. Am I missing something?

We were both eligible for the discount. And our 16GB iPhone 5 phones were locked into Sprint. We were each just given a $200 Best Buy Gift card. I am not sure the going rate for all the iPhone models, but sure, check out that to see if the Best Buy deal is a good deal for you.

I just looked at the link and I'm not seeing the 64gb ones for $199 they are showing as $299. Am I missing something?

The price on BestBuy.com for a 64GB iPhone 6s is now $299. The sale price that I bought at on Tuesday ($199) is no longer listed. Sorry about that. Perhaps the sale price will come back before Christmas.

I ended up taking advantage of this on Sunday, I traded by 5C to a 6S plus for no money out of pocket and my monthly bill went down by $40/month and I got the $200 gift card. I was due for a renewal and so it worked well for me. Plus I was in NH so no sales tax. The rep I worked with was great and worked out the price if I paid up front or with my bill every month so I knew that I did well.

Any idea how "working" the phone needs to be? My DD has a very glitchy 5c. It turns on but is very hard to swipe & sometimes the keyboard doesn't work. Also just randomly changes screens.

This is not a good deal. I was able to get a $250 sams club gift card without trading in my phone this past weekend. I then sold my wifes Iphone 5c on Ebay for $125. Net of $375. Wait and there will be better deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter