Great "Ding" fare.. Chicago to Orlando

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by snowiit, Apr 1, 2005.

1. snowiit

snowiit DIS Veteran

Just a heads up for those of you who have "Ding". I just got a great rate for round trip tickets for August from Chicago to Orlando. The sale I believe is through 11:30 central tonight. We are flying down on a Sunday and coming back on a Friday. There are three of us and the TOTAL for all fares is........
    Drumroll please......!!!!!!!!
    $313.80!!!!!!!!!
    Unreal! We were thinking of driving down but I'm sure that wouldn't even pay for our gas round trip! WOOHOO!
    Nancy :cool1: :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 4MCMICKEY

4MCMICKEY Mouseketeer

Just booked Indy to orlando on July 19-July 25 for 4 people for a total of $328.44. Only $82.11 per person..

4. LisaRay

LisaRay DIS Veteran

Ok, I must have more info! Were those fares roundtrip! $82 for roundtrip?? And what airline?

We usually fly out of st. louis but indy is only another hours drive.

5. sarahg311@hotmail.co

sarahg311@hotmail.co ryanswife

What's Ding?? :confused3 I want to get in on the hot airfares!!

6. becca011906

becca011906 DIS Veteran

I NEED more info on the indy to orlando all we found was about $300 per person we are going in early sept.

7. Goofy22

Goofy22 DIS Veteran

Goto www.southwest.com and there is an icon that says DING! click on it and download it! you will be asked a few questions and once the process is complete it will ding you when there are specials and that is how you find out about these good deals ! If you don't want to download DING then just goto www.southwest.com and check under specials and click n save! But I highly recommend ding! Southwest is currently booking thru Sept 12th! and There specials right now are thru August 22nd! So if you're traveling after August 22nd you'll still have to wait a bit! Forgive me for all this info! I've been following Ding for about a month now! It's great! We're going in October or November and I'm waiting for a Great Deal too!

8. Goofy22

Goofy22 DIS Veteran

OOPS forgot to tell you before! Ding sales are usually only a few hours! So you have to book within that timw frame or you'll miss out! But there are lots of Dings not always what you need but odds are sooner or later you'lll get the ding you want! :cool1:

9. sarahg311@hotmail.co

sarahg311@hotmail.co ryanswife

You ROCK Goofy22:rockband: Thanks for all of the great info!!

Sarah....about to get DING!! :flower:

10. becca011906

becca011906 DIS Veteran

Great thanks for the tips!

11. 2disneyagain

2disneyagain Earning My Ears

Got Manchester, NH to Orlando in July for $125.00. I love the DING. Never thought I would get that good of a rate. We were just thinking maybe we wouldn't go to WDW over the summer, but that I received the DING and couldn't pass it up!

:cool1: We're going to Disney......yay!

12. Goofy22

Goofy22 DIS Veteran

Goto southwest.com and look thru there specials you can usually get one way for $79.00 but when they have there special ding sales you can get airfare anywhere from $39.00 and up each way! Keep checking The specials are only thru August 22nd the reg airfare is thru sept 12th! So probably by Mid april you will be able to get a special for you're fares! The Key is keep checking!

13. 4MCMICKEY

4MCMICKEY Mouseketeer

This fare is for roundtrip per person on Southwest through the Ding program. It states $47 but when I booked it came up to $82.11 roundtrip per person. We are flying out on a Tuesday and coming home on Monday. I am not sure if that is why they are cheaper. I now have a $219.16 credit to use towards our next trip. And I thought $137 that I originally booked roundtrip was good.