Great customer service

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
Just wanted to share some amazing customer service we had yesterday. DH and I are travelling by train down the west coast of US this summer which we booked several months ago. We were happy enough with the price and the only reason I noticed it had changed was because one of my DDs asked how many carriages there would be on the train and I did a dummy booking to see if I could find out. It was now quite considerably less so we were considering cancelling and rebooking. However the T&C weren't too clear whether we would get a refund on credit card or on an e-voucher which would be no use to us so I emailed Amtrak asking how we would get our refund and the lovely lady has reshopped our journey and credited the difference to our cc, less a small admin fee.
What brilliant customer service! I know DCL will reshop cruises but am so impressed that Amtrak have done this for us on the train too. :thumbsup2

Great service, doesn't happen as much now so even better when it does. I'm very jealous, your trip Sounds amazing Elaine. I would love to travel the West Coast

That's good news.

Are you going to write a trip report? DH and I are just beginning to toy with a West Coast itinerary for 2016 or 17 and would love to know more about your trip.

I will make every attempt, I still have my one from two years ago to finish :blush:

I would love to do the west coast, but don't drive and get bus travel sickness. Train would be perfect for me. Did you book everything separately? I'm going to look into this for a few years time.

Yes, we've booked it separately Sharon, DH wanted to take the train last time we went to DL but one of our DDs hates train travel so 36 hours on one wouldn't have been much fun for her! This time round it's just DH and I so he's finally got his wish.

I'm another one who's jealous. Hope you have an amazing time! Do you have a blog or somewhere where I could see more details? Our first trip to America was in 1998 and we drove from Santa Barbara up the coast to San Francisco. We'd love to do it again and go further next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter