Graycliff experiences? anyone?

ppiew

DIS Veteran
Anyone taken any of the 3 offered experiences? If one of us took the rum/cigar thing and the other the GrayCliff Escape, could he (the rum cigar person) join us for lunch? What is the time frame on these? Can't see doing the wine and cheese tasting because 8 wines in mid day is a bit much even for me!!!!!!

well, i guess nobody has taken these excursions. I was hoping for help from this forum. thanks anyway!!

Did you conduct a search of this board? I remember reading a review absolutely raving about the wine and cheese tasting. I think it even included photos. Good luck with your search....

I've been looking for some reviews on the Rum and Cigar. I'd like to surprise my husband....but it's a pretty steep price....even if you do get a cigar and cigar cutter. :)

Ginny

The DW & I are booked to do the Wine & Cheese pairing at the GrayCliff on our 5 nt cruise in July. We actually booked this excursion the last time her & I cruised alone, but it was cancelled. (We were the only 2x that booked this!, so they cancelled it) I hope there are more interested parties this time around. :goodvibes

I don't think that I have ever seen any reviews of this, and would love to hear a review from anyone that has done this. :surfweb:

I haven't done the excursions but I have been to Graycliff for dinner. It is NOT to be missed! If you love cigars you won't find anything finer around, and the wine selection is one of the largest in the Caribbean. Since I've done Atlantis a few times and there isn't really anything else is Nassau for our family I will likely book the excursion next time we go. Enjoy!

I've been tempted by either the wine and cheese or the beach experience and our 75th Disney cruise is coming up next month so I might just splurge. Question for those who have been there: is there a lot of cigar smoke around the resort? How about in the dining area? That would be a deal breaker for me, no matter how yummy the food is.

For lunch there won't be a lot of people around there anyway so I doubt smoke will be an issue. When I was there all cigar smoking was done outside on the porch and even then only one or two.

Thanks! It sounds like I will be fine if I just avoid the smoking area. I am drooling at the thought of that cheese and I know DH will love the wine.

to INCOGNITO & anyone else who should attend:
PLEase give us a heads up on this excursion if u do take it! We were supposed to do both cigar and lunch thing this spring but it was cancelled because of Easter Weekend. They were closed!!!!! So next spring I want to be sure to try it if it gets good reviews. Not too many people take it because it really isn't for kids, but it is right up our alley and look forward to trying the experience.
Also want to know if it is feasible to do both or should we do the cigar/rum thing and then go to lunch? (no I am NOT doing the cigar but I WILL do the wine/cheese tasting or maybe just go to lunch on our own) (hubby and son can cut up tobacco - not for me!!). Don't know what to do! A dilemma for sure!!!!

We would be doing it the week of June 22 if I can strong arm hubby into it so I will be sure to post details.

When we sail not sure if I will be doing any of the packages but I will defiantley hit up the factory for some stogies. Don't waste time trying to find a legitimate cuban, there overrated anyways. Graycliff is a stellar brand and make my absolute number 2 favorite(Rocky Patel Decade is my favorite) cigar/sometimes favorite. Also note that like any cigar company there are a few duds. Here is my list of what I've tried and my thoughts.

1. Graycliff Double Espresso: So here it is my 2nd favorite cigar, it's pricey but can be had cheaper with some research. Man what a great cigar absolutely delicious blows away all the big names(Macanudo, Cohiba). Note this is a strong cigar and should be smoked on a full stomach/pairs great with pyrat rum.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/proddisp.asp?item=CS-GDB&stext=graycliff

2. Graycliff Crystal Series: Very smooth cigar and considered there top(priced accordingly) The price per stick is outragoues but if you can find a good deal on this it is a very well made cigar. Again I like this paired with high end rum like Pyrat, Appleton would be good as well.

3. Graycliff Turbo: What a dud, not worth the price tag, draw issues and burn issues. Not a fan.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/proddisp.asp?item=CS-G22&stext=graycliff

Wish I had tried a few more, suppose I'll have time we have 11 months to go.

Hi!

We did the Greycliffe Wine and Cheese in January. We were the only 2 booked by they ran it anyway. It was a highlight of our trip and was so fun to do. It was really decadent. We were the only people in the main house practically the whole time and got lots of individualized attention. We really enjoyed the whole experience and it was fun to do something so 'adult' and unique. The drive through Nassau was interesting and we got to see more of the city. The hotel itself was very nice, and the sommolier and the owner were terrific to talk to. It was expensive but unique and unforgettable.

thank u so much for the reply! which tour did u take? lunch/wine? (i presume) or did anyone also take the rum/cigar. Any way to take both?

Hi!

We did the Greycliffe Wine and Cheese in January. We were the only 2 booked by they ran it anyway. It was a highlight of our trip and was so fun to do. It was really decadent. We were the only people in the main house practically the whole time and got lots of individualized attention. We really enjoyed the whole experience and it was fun to do something so 'adult' and unique. The drive through Nassau was interesting and we got to see more of the city. The hotel itself was very nice, and the sommolier and the owner were terrific to talk to. It was expensive but unique and unforgettable.

How did tipping work? Did you tip the sommolier? Cheese servers? Anyone else?

The family and I just returned from our 5-nt Wonder 6 - 11 July. The DW & I had booked the wine & cheese tastings at the Graycliff. We were the only 2x booked, so the independant operator cancelled it on us. :mad: This is the 2nd time this has happened to us in a row. I made my displeasure known to the Shore Excursion team. My DW also made a note about this on our comment card. I find it unacceptable that we have to give DCL notice 3-days before we sail if we want to cancel any of our booked excursions with them, and yet they can cancel them at 10:30PM the night before on us! :confused3 :rolleyes1:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter