Gratuity on the Q&C Connections Voucher

snap21

So Much Disney, So Little Money
Does anyone know how the server gets for gratuity with the quick and casual voucher? It says gratuity is included. Also, Am I the only one would feel cheap about not tipping when using the voucher? When we were in Disney, we had excellent servers at Beaches and Cream so we left 20 %. Do the employees really get the gratuity from Disney? If there are any employees reading here, I would appreciate your imput. Thanks

Mike
:jester:

Mike,

The server receives 15% of the cost of your meal (not 15% of the cost of the voucher). They receive it in the same manner as they would receive a tip left on a credit card. If you feel the service warrants more than a 15% tip, you could always leave cash for the difference.

So, when you were at Beaches & Cream, you pretty much left a 35% tip of the TOTAL cost of your entire meal, I wish I'd been your server :jester:

If I get good service at Beaches & Cream I leave an extra 5% tip, I think 20% is more than enough, so I don't feel cheap at all...

The tip they receive is 15% of the total cost of the food you were served, not based on the cost of the voucher. If you'd like to raise it to 20% you should just leave an additional 5%.

Please note that MOST of the quick-and-casual dining locations are counter-service /fast food type places. You wouldn't tip there anyway. Beaches and Cream would be an exception.

Coming from a CM allumnist, yes, the server receives 15% of the total bill. We actually liked getting the vouchers because people usually purchased more than they would normally and thus giving us a larger income! :o)

Originally posted by HookdonWDW

The server receives 15% of the cost of your meal (not 15% of the cost of the voucher). They receive it in the same manner as they would receive a tip left on a credit card. If you feel the service warrants more than a 15% tip, you could always leave cash for the difference.

The 15% gratuity from the voucher goes on the servers paycheck, they do not get the cash that day. Tips left on a credit card or cash are taken home the same day. Adding an extra 5% is very nice of you!! It is very much appreciated!

where? and how do you get these vouchers ? pricing ? where can you use them ? are they a good deal ???

PinMan, you can get the Q&C vouchers thru http://www.connections.com for $11.00 each. You have a 30 day trial period with Connections, which costs $1, after that trial period the annual fee is 79.95 for their service. I believe the Q&C vouchers they're sending out now expire 5/31/03. HTH!

great question, we are going soon, and i was wondering the same thing. can anyone give us some info on the q & c vouchers,
thank you !:) :)

Oops! I forgot to answer part of your question, PinMan! As to the vouchers being a good deal, yes, they are! They're good for lunch or dinner and you can get 1 combo meal (entree, side and non-alcoholic drink and 1 dessert) OR 1 entree, 1 side dish (if not included w/entree) 1 non-alcoholic drink and 1 dessert. Tax and gratuities are included. However, frozen drinks and souvenir drink mugs aren't. You can only buy 10 at a time, so if you need more, obviously you have to make several purchases. Keep in mind that a lot of the portions are really enough for 2 people, so you might not need as many as you think. And they're only valid at certain locations:

ASR - End Zone Food Court, Intermission, World Premiere

AKL - Mara

Bonnet Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar & Grill

CBR - Old Port Royale

CR - Food & Fun Center, Sand Bar Grill

CSR - Pepper Market, Siesta's Pool Bar & Grill

GF - Gasparilla Grill & Games

PO - Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, Riverside Mill

WL - Roaring Forks Snacks

Y&B - Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (even the kitchen sink ice cream dessert is covered and it alone is $21.99!), Hurricane Hanna's Grille

BB - Lottawatta Lodge

Typhoon - Leaning Palms Burger & Brew, Typhoon Tilly's

MK - Pinocchio Village Haus, Pecos Bill Cafe, Plaza Pavillion, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, Columbia Harbor House, Casey's Corner, Lunching Pad at Rock Tower Plaza, El Pirata Y el Perico

Epcot - Liberty Inn, Electric Umbrella, Pure & Simple, Sunshine Season Food Fair, Yakitori House, Lotus Blossom Cafe, Cantina de San Angel, Tangerine Cafe, Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe, Boulaugerie Patisserie, Harry Ramsden Fish & Chips, Sommerfest, Refreshment Port

MGM - Backlot Express, Rosie's All American Cafe, ABC Commissary Restaurant, Toy Story Pizza Planet Arcade

AK - Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Flame Tree BBQ, Tusker House Restaurant

WHEW! That's all of the places the vouchers are accepted! Now to go soak my fingers! :p

I just returned and we used 4 Q and C vouchers. My husband really could care less about such things, so I was on my own with them. I thought they were a hassle, trying to figure what was the best way to use them. The best place to use them is Beaches and Cream. We got the Kitchen Sink for dessert, which alone was $24 and I would never order that normally. I don't think I would use them again.

karel, so, how many did you buy? and would have you normal spend $11 for lunch or dinner ? do have have any vouchers left?:confused: :)

WDWStar,

I may be able to help you. Email me and I can give you all the extra info. I am fairly new to this computer stuff so I'm not sure how to email you...sorry. I try, but sometimes I just get a little lost.

I have 20 vouchers for our upcoming trip and have access to more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter