• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

grandson . doc question air ?/

huckster

DIS Veteran
ok have docs for 10 grandson. his parents are getting notorized. Will need something to get him on the plane?getting closer!!

We didn't need anything for our girls last week. Just their birth certificate for the actual cruise part.

Hope this helps!
Sharon

Actually, we didn't need anything special to get our grandson on the plane, but Disney wanted a raised stamped (notory) letter giving us permission to take him and authorizing medical, ect.

Better to be safe than sorry. Along with the Disney documents being notarized, you will need a notarized letter authorizing medical treatment for your grandson, should a medical need arise. This letter is something you can write up yourself or his parents can write one up. It must be signed by them (one or both of them, not sure) and be notarized, otherwise medical treatment will be refused (unless you go to an Emergency Room).

When my grandson was sick when we stayed at Disney World, the Florida clinic we went to by medi-van, refused to treat him or even look at him, because the note we had from my daughter was not notarized and I could not reach her by phone at that time. We ended up spending 10 hours in the ER at Celebration Hospital. Being fully prepared is better than taking chances. It makes a huge difference. Have fun!

Tink

I always bring along a notarized letter when I take anyone with us under 18 who is not in my immediate family, i.e., my teens friends.

I have both their parents sign it and I get it notarized allowing me to take them out of the country and also to authorize any medical treatment.....this is obviously in addition to the form in the documents.

I keep a copy, I leave a copy with their parents and I give a copy to the friend to hold in stuff.

MJ

Here's what I typed up for my grandson's Mom to sign (she has custody)

AFFIDAVIT
Authorization of Minor to Travel
COMES NOW, *mom's name* (Affiant) and after being duly sworn, does say and depose as follows:
1. That Affiant is the mother of *grandson's name*, born *date of birth* (SSN ________________).
2. That Affiant hereby authorizes *grandson's name* to travel outside of the United States on the Disney Cruise Line ship the "Disney Wonder" with his father, *dad's name* and/or his paternal grandmother, *my name* to Orlando, Florida from September 2nd to 5th, 2004.
3. That Affiant hereby grants *dad's name* and/or *my name* the authority to obtain any necessary medical treatment for *grandon's name* while vacationing (*vacation dates) in the custody of his father and/or grandmother.
Affiant
________________________(SEAL)
*mom's name*
State of North Carolina
County of __________________, to wit:
Sworn and subscribed to before me this the ____ day of __________, 2004.

I also had her sign the Disney form and get it notarized. I'm guessing that since Christian's dad is traveling with us the documents aren't necessary, but I'm bringing just in case.

Originally posted by mmouse37
I always bring along a notarized letter when I take anyone with us under 18 who is not in my immediate family, i.e., my teens friends.

I have both their parents sign it and I get it notarized allowing me to take them out of the country and also to authorize any medical treatment.....this is obviously in addition to the form in the documents.

I keep a copy, I leave a copy with their parents and I give a copy to the friend to hold in stuff.

MJ

Hi mmouse37 or anyone who knows the answer, when you say the parents signed the permission forms and you got it notarized, I was under the impression the parents had to sign the form in front of a notary public and show ID. Are you saying the parents need only sign the form, and then another person (the grandparent who is taking the child) can take the signed form to the notary without the parents being present? Any info appreciated.

Thanks, Tink

we had to have our son sign in front of the notary and then they stamped it with a seal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter