Grande Villas or Vistana Villages?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by rdevine10, Feb 18, 2013.

1. rdevine10

rdevine10 All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura

Well, as it stands we are not having luck finding room at Bonnet Creek for our dates :( So, since we are going to need to go to a back up plan, we are looking at the following resorts:

Grande Villas- it seems to be in a great location. We can get a 2 bedroom unit here for $715 for our dates.

Vistana Villages- We can get a 1 bedroom for our dates for $1100.

Which would you choose and why? Pool is VERY important to us and I want to make sure it feels comparable to Bonnet Creek.

Im usually such a HUGE planner and we are throwing this trip together in such a short time frame!

Thanks for your help (if you have any other suggestions for resorts, let me know!!!)- we are a group of 4- 2 adults & 2 kids. We need at least 2 queen or larger beds.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. auger

auger DIS Veteran

I can only help with grande villas.
    A two bedroom unit has a king sized bed in the master, and two twins in the second room.
    We like this resort very much.
    However, if you are looking for a pool comparable to bonnet creek, this is not the place to go.
    The pools are nothing special, just pools.
    Not sure if you can still use the volcano pool at Cypress Pointe, but even if you can, it still does not compare to BC.

4. darrius1st

darrius1st Mouseketeer

What are your dates because last year I got 2 bedroom at Vistana Villages for the same price. Look on Tug, Redweek and ebay.

5. rdevine10

Because of the way things worked out we are arriving on a Monday. Most rentals seem to be arriving Fri, Sat or Sunday! Hopefully our next trip we can fix that! But, there is not changing it for this one!

6. auger

auger DIS Veteran

Have you tried any of the for rent by owner sites like vrbo or home away?
    You're much more apt to find availability for your exact dates on those sites.

7. Arkum

Arkum Mouseketeer

I just booked for Bonnet Creek today through vacation strategies.com for our stay at beginning of May. Are you traveling sooner than that? $625/week was my quote. I thought that was a great price for 2 bedrooms.

8. rdevine10

I will check, although I am not hopeful! We are traveling during somewhat peak timing.

Bonnet Creek is not available for our dates. I have tried MULTIPLE sellers. Vacation strategies did give me a great rate of 715 for 8 nights, but no availability.

9. rdevine10

Just following up. We finally found availabity at bonnet creek, so we booked! It was more than my vacation stragies quote, but we booked via 5star resort vacations for 8 nights for 1042. Not a terrible price but considering the lack of availbity i was happy!!!!!

10. Arkum

Arkum Mouseketeer

Glad it worked out for you!