Grand Gatherings and Dining Plan Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by ddrie, May 11, 2009.

1. ddrie

ddrie Earning My Ears

Our family is hoping to book some Grand Gathering Experiences and just wondering if they take the DDP. Is the Illuminations Gathering a dessert only with the fireworks?? I am not sure if this is a dining event, snack or we pay separately for it. Also we are interested in the Tusker House Grand Gathering Dinner (2 dining credits???) with the safari ride. Just want to make sure I am allocating what credits we do have correctly. We can't reserve anything until June 19th but trying to plan what credits to use and where!!! Thanks so much for any help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KIRSTIN'S MOMMY

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY <font color=0099FF>Creates edible masterpieces<br>

The International Dinner & Illuminations Dessert Reception, the Safari Celebration Dinner and the Good Morning Gathering all take the DDP and are 2 credits. The Illuminations Dinner takes place in the Odyssey Building, and has dinner served family style with some entertainment, then you are taken outside to a reserved area for Illuminations.
    Hope that helps!

4. my2minnies

my2minnies Mouseketeer

Actually the Good morning Gathering is only 1 dining credit. The other two are 2 credits though.

5. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

If you didn't know it, Grand Gathering Experiences are the exception to the rule and reservations for those can be made 180 days out, not 90 days like all other meal reservations.

6. 4forthemouse

4forthemouse Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if these are ticketed events? We have reservations for Tony's good morning and Safari celebration and didn't know if we needed to go to concierge and get tickets like Spirit of Aloha, or you just show up and pay/use DDP credits at the meal. I got a reservation confirmation from Disney Travel Company (which surprised me), but don't see any instructions on the paperwork as to whether we need to get tickets in advance or not.
    Thanks to anyone who can help!!

7. JaimeK

JaimeK Mouseketeer

No tickets, just show up and check in with the hostess. Out of our group of 20 only 4 of us were on the dining plan and it was no problem at all.
    We did the Illuminations dinner (2 TS) and Tony's breakfast (1 TS) and both were really fun!

8. TRICKY_TINK

TRICKY_TINK Mouseketeer

If you haven't made those ressies do it now. They are sold out already for all the events when I'm there in September.