Grand Floridian room help

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by BWgirl, Jan 2, 2005.

1. BWgirl

BWgirl Mouseketeer

We are thinking of trying out the Grand Floridian this summer. There seems to be a lack of information concerning the room types on the web, and this really surprises me! I'm specifically trying to find photos of a lodge tower room...does anyone have any? I've searched high and low, even on Deb's site, and none. Comments on this room type?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. seetheworld

seetheworld DIS Veteran

Great question. I was hoping someone would have a web site that showed the lay out of the property so I can request the section I would like to stay in since we are not staying in the tower rooms.
    :D

4. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

5. TigrLvsPooh

Hmmm... that old thread of mine doesn't seem to be working. Let me see if I can dig up the pictures. :) Be back soon!

6. BWgirl

BWgirl Mouseketeer

I can't get the link to work?

7. TigrLvsPooh

8. TammiMcMan

TammiMcMan Hai Majide

9. Docsknotinn

Docsknotinn Mouseketeer

I don't know if they will have the excact room you want to see but www.allears.net has great photo slide shows of each resort with some very detailed room photos. I hope it helps as someone else here recently posted it for me and I found that site very helpfull.

10. lark

lark DIS Veteran

If you look at the outside of any of the buildings, you can get a good sense of what the tower room will look like. See where the little multi-sided (octagon maybe) turrets jut out of the buildings? Those are the "tower" rooms, if I understand it. So if you see a picture of any regular room, it's basically the same exact thing, but then, except for a balcony, you get an extra little sitting room shapped like the turret. There's a tv in there.

Here's how I analyze tower v. standard: Would I prefer a balcony or would I prefer to have a place to sit and watch tv without having to sit on the bed? I prefer the balcony, particularly with lagoon view. At the extra cost, it's a no brainer.

11. Misti

Misti DIS Veteran

There are some great descriptions of the rooms types in the GF FAQ thread. You'll see the FAQ thread at the top of the Resorts Board page.

:)