Grand Floridian Landscape View?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jakeybake, Feb 19, 2008.

1. jakeybake

jakeybake DIS Veteran

Hi,

I was checking the WDW site for my reservation info and it had me down for a "Landscape View". I know there are garden and lagoon view rooms but I have never heard of a "Landscape View".

I am assuming it's the same thing as a Garden View room but was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Thanks!
    Jay

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. allisonswonderland

allisonswonderland DIS Veteran

That is a good question...I would also like to know the answer to that, as we have booked a garden view as well and I have never heard that term either.

4. typhoonlagooner

typhoonlagooner Big girls can wear water wings too...

Did you book with a special rate/company? We booked through Disney Conferences and sure enough our reservation says "landscaped" view; yet theres no such thing via disneyworld.com :ssst:

We're guessing it's a garden view but maybe it's a way to sneak in a few lagoon view rooms. When we booked through Disney, we were only given two room categories with the conference rate: landscaped view and a 1-bedroom suite. This is a pretty big conference and I can't imagine that, when mixed with guests who've already booked the GF for family travel, that they would have enough Garden view rooms for everyone... but maybe!

5. jakeybake

jakeybake DIS Veteran

Hi,

I did book through a conference. I am going down for a healthcare conference the first week of March and had to book it through their special conference reservation number.

Sounds like we are both in the same boat. I would love to be bumped up to a lagoon view room or better. That's one of the reasons why I didn't request a king bed room, so not to limit the potential of being upgraded by my request.

Jay

6. whogirl'smom

whogirl'smom <font color=royalblue>Any leftover grumpiness can

We booked through Disney for our GF stay in Dec. and our reservation also says "landscape view" on the website, so, who knows? I thought it was just another word for garden, maybe. Not going to a conference, though!

7. klofan

klofan DIS Veteran

My reservation says the same thing. I believe its a garden view. But if they want to make it a lagoon view, then thats ok with me! haha

8. jakeybake

jakeybake DIS Veteran

Since I will be attending the conference alone I requested a King Bed room on an upper level floor.

What is interesting is that for the first time ever I was asked what my first priority would be for my requests should they be unable to honor both. Told them the upper level floor since it makes for a better view regardless of where they put you.

Jay