Grand Floridian And Disney after Christmas

BigDisneyFan

Earning My Ears
I'm staying at the Grand Floridian this year with my wife and family. :cool1: I haven't been to Disney World since I was a little kid. I do remember staying at the Polynesian resort and thought it was great! How does GF compare? How close to everything is it?

Also, what is Disney World like around Christmas time? Never have been there around Christmas.

Anything we must absolutely make sure we see or do?

Thanks in advance!

I'm staying at the Grand Floridian this year with my wife and family. :cool1: I haven't been to Disney World since I was a little kid. I do remember staying at the Polynesian resort and thought it was great! How does GF compare? How close to everything is it?

Also, what is Disney World like around Christmas time? Never have been there around Christmas.

Anything we must absolutely make sure we see or do?

Thanks in advance!

I'm staying at the GF around christmas as well! I dunno about comparing the GF to the Poly, but the GF is one stop away from the MK via monorail. It's got really good restaurants from what the menus have told me (I've never been to WDW), and the lobby is gorgeous during christmas time! Poly is closer to Epcot (the TTC is at the Poly), but you can take the monorail (or walk if you really wanted to).

You should do the MVMCP at least once, it sounds like it's a blast!

WDW is wonderful at Christmas! GF is our favorite resort! Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is a must do for us, along with the Candlelight Processional at Epcot and the Osborne Lights at MGM. The GF has an awesome huge gingerbread house in the lobby and the orchestra plays nightly. Chestnuts are roasted at the entrance. Have a great trip!

you will love the GF! it's my favorite. I love being on the monorail, and the GF is decorated the best for Christmas IMO. it is just beautiful! take lots of pictures!

Generally, for us, I find it hard to justify the price of GF, but we did stay there once. It was in November, and it was pretty neat because overnight the decorations went up around the resort. When we got back late one night, they were carting in decorations, and when we woke up in the morning, the lobby was transformed, even though the gingerbread house wasn't up yet. In the lobby of our building was a very nice floral arrangement that had not yet wilted, but it was gone by the morning, so we wondered if it was just thrown out...I'd have loved to have had it...

Anyhow, we had a view of the castle, and it's the first stop to MK, so that was pretty cool. There's also something pretty cool about staying at the best of the best - so to speak. The Holiday decor was pretty nice. The pools are both very nice.

On the flip side....the theming is not my favorite. I prefer AKL and Poly. They make you feel like you are somewhere different and unique. GF was nice, but more like a nice convention resort than some place unique. The holiday decor helps, as does a view of the castle. If you're going to spring for GF, I'd be certain to get the view. Also, if you've got a little girl, the princess dinner (1900 Park Fare) was enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter