test mobile ad location
  1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Grand Cayman- turtle farm and 7 mile beach

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by archers, May 17, 2013.

1. archers

archers Earning My Ears

I am traveling with my 4-yr old DD and wife. We want to go to turtle farm and 7 mile beach. We thought about just taking a taxi to turtle farm first and to 7 mile beach. Question is, is it easy to get a taxi from turtle farm to the beach, and beach back to Georgetown for a little shopping? Should be easy walk from Georgetown to pier, right?

Also, what taxi fares should I expect?

Thanks!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  3. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Mouseketeer

Taxis are actually 15 passenger vans. Same as local transportation. Most will charge you a fixed fee to go to turtle farm, and then they can drop you off at 7 mile beach on the way back. You will have to wait at the port until they get enough people.

What I know for sure is that you cannot go to 7mile beach first and then to turtle farm. No taxi will take you from there.

4. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids Mouseketeer

Royal Palm is on 7 mile beach, costs about $3 to get in and we had a great day there (after our stingray sandbar excursion.) It cost $4 to get in the taxi shuttle back. Well worth it! If you want to check it out, go to royalpalmscaymans.com

Great local food too.

:beach: