Grand Cayman - changes to Seven Mile Beach Break, now Family Beach Day at Tiki Beach

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jcarwash, Dec 21, 2012.

1. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

I got an automated call from DCL telling me that the Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Break is receiving a name, description, and time change.

The new name is Family Beach Day at Tiki Beach.

There is supposed to be a new description online but the changes do not seem to be live yet. Must be coming later.

On my port adventure reservations I can see the name/code change (G40 TIKIBCH) and the time change - it was to run from 11:15 to 5; now it's from 11:45 to 3:15.

I tried to see what area of Seven Mile Beach that the DCL excursion currently visited, but I couldn't figure it out. Has the excursion always visited Tiki Beach, or is this a change? Is Tiki Beach a restaurant?

2. nhdisnut

nhdisnut My screen name says it all!!

I have the same questions...

3. cwehrstedt

cwehrstedt Mouseketeer

Just wondering about this.....We were able to book our shore excursions a few days ago for a western cruise i n march, and 7 mile beach break was already sold out (I am silver level). I was shocked... Wonder if it only because it is not available anymore.

4. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

I went back and looked at this again.

I think the current/recent excursions went to a restaurant named Calico Jack's.

From the name change it seems the new location will be a different restaurant on Seven Mile Beach called Tiki Beach. If I'm right this is a relatively new establishment.