Grand Calliforian

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by lovedisney50, Sep 1, 2011.

1. lovedisney50

lovedisney50 Mouseketeer

I just called this morning and was able to book studio for 3 days from 1/10-1/12. I thought it was a long shot. It is for my dd & dsil. He is coming back from Afganastan for midtour & I wanted them to have something special.:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Duchie

Duchie "Answers are the easy part, questions raise the do

Wow, that's pretty awesome, and what a nice thing for you to do for them :goodvibes We loved the resort when we stayed there. They're going to have such a great time!

4. DizDays

DizDays DVC & D23 Member

Congratulations! That's a major score. And you couldn't have chosen a better resort. Grand Cal is my all time favorite. It's going to be so romantic! Please thank your DSiL for his service. We owe him a debt of gratitude.

5. lovedisney50

lovedisney50 Mouseketeer

This is lovedisney50's daughter. My mom, who is absolutely the best mom ever :love:, got this awesome gift for my DH & I for his mid-tour leave. It's going to be awesome :banana:

To make it extra special what view should I request? I've seen some night time pictures from a park view room that were amazing. Do you think it makes a big difference to have a park view vs just a standard view?

6. arthur06

arthur06 DDC #689

Have a wonderful time

7. kathyell

kathyell DIS Veteran

Glad you were able to get the booking! :)

8. the donut

the donut Mouseketeer

Definitely request high floor, paradise pier view (don't just say "park view" as that could get you the GRR view, although personally I love that view as well). There is one 6th floor studio on that side, you could specifically request that room (never hurts to ask). I'd also highly recommend reservations at Napa Rose.

9. justkeepswimmin

justkeepswimmin DIS Veteran

It also doesn't hurt to tell them the special occasion/ reason you are celebrating. Doesn't guarantee special treatment or anything but could also make the difference on how hard they try to meet that top floor, theme park view request ;)

Have a wonderful trip!