Grand Californian Super Thread

We are currently at GCH staying on the 5th floor right above the mono-rail. Love the room! It is just a short walk down the hall to the elevator that takes us to the ground floor and another few steps to get to the entrance to California Adventure. It is very convenient for going to CA but to get to Disneyland, we have to backtrack to the hotel exit that leads to Downtown Disney. Does anyone know if there is a hotel exit closer to Downtown Disney than the official exit?

It depends on what wing of the hotel your monorail view room is in. If you are the 51xx or 50xx rooms then your best bet will still be the regular exit. But if your room number is 54xx or 53xx then look for the fire exit between 5447 and 5449 that empties out right near labrea bakery. It is only one way so getting to DL is easy but you still gotta trek back to the room via the main entrances!

I agree Alison. Garth's elf gig was way lame this year. As usual. I much prefer the folks at Channel 5 KTLA.;) We like the Barbie (Marybeth) and Cher show as well as the early morning crew. Is Mark Kriski ever coming back? Last I heard (months ago) he was very ill with pneumonia.

Sorry to hijack. Great thread everyone.:) Enjoy your stay(s) at The Grand!

Yeah sorry to hijack the thread, but I've been watching KTLA since Barbara and Carlos! I miss Mark, evidently this was a serious case of pneumonia, he is back home (as they reported today), he was supposed to be back in Jan, but obviously that changed. I can relate because my spouse had a serious bout of pneumonia in 2008, it can be really bad!

For those of you who aren't local we're talking about local weather people, one of our local weathercasters (for almost 20 years on a morning news program) has been out for many months with a serious illness and while he is an opinionated bas****, we all still love him, plastic surgery and all! :rotfl2: :lmao:

It depends on what wing of the hotel your monorail view room is in. If you are the 51xx or 50xx rooms then your best bet will still be the regular exit. But if your room number is 54xx or 53xx then look for the fire exit between 5447 and 5449 that empties out right near labrea bakery. It is only one way so getting to DL is easy but you still gotta trek back to the room via the main entrances!

Perfect! Thank you for the info. I figured there had to be some way to get out of here that got me closer to the park. Even one way is better than no way.

This is a repost, and I am sure every knows that while you have reservations at the 3 resort hotels you can use vacation planning to make most of your reservations.

Vacation Planning Office
1-714/300-7520 (for guests staying at the Disneyland Resort Hotels)
Or email them at vacationplanning@disneyonline.com

They have been life savers and they do the work and send you an itinerary.

Jack

Thanks for the repost:thumbsup2. I had noticed the email address on my confirmation and had not thought much of it until now. While our needs are pretty simple, we were able to get them to make 3 dinner reservations for us so I'm happy. Saved me having to call and be on hold.:)

Only 2 weeks to go:banana:

I am starting a collection of room views on the thread. If you have a room view you would like to share, please post up a pic along with the room number, the date, and the type of view under which the room is classified. My goal is to have a collection of room views so people can see if they like the view in that part of the hotel. This is difficult to do with just satellite and areal photographs. I will be re-posting this post later on so people who skipped over it will have a chance to see it.

Starting off, this is our room view from March 2010. Room 5220, classified as a theme park view.

5107bb2d.jpg

Click on the room number to see that room's view

Room View Breakdown

Standard View Room:
Lose yourself in the enchanting romantic grandeur of a meticulously appointed room that elegantly evokes the early 20th Century Arts and Crafts era.

Woods/Garden/Courtyard View:
Gaze out your window at the natural splendor of the pine tree-filled Brisa Courtyard, enchanting Woods or Garden view and relax in a meticulously appointed room that elegantly evokes the early 20th Century Arts and Crafts era.

Partial Deluxe Downtown Disney® District View:
Lose yourself in the fun and energy of the Downtown Disney® District just outside your window, and relax in the comfort, luxury and meticulous craftsmanship of a remarkable room that elegantly evokes the early 20th Century Arts and Crafts era.

Deluxe View:
Compliment the timeless elegance of your meticulously appointed room with a partial view of the majestic Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Redwood Pool, the excitement of Disney California Adventure Park or the fun and energy of the Downtown Disney District.

Premium View:
Complement the timeless elegance of your meticulously appointed room with a spectacular view of the dynamic energy of Disney California Adventure® Park.

Premium Downtown Disney® District View:
Lose yourself in the fun and energy of the Downtown Disney District just outside your window, and relax in the comfort, luxury and meticulous craftsmanship of a remarkable room that elegantly evokes the early 20th Century Arts and Crafts era.

Concierge Standard View:
Gaze out your window at the natural splendor of the pine tree-filled Brisa Courtyard and relax in a meticulously appointed room that elegantly evokes the early 20th Century Arts and Crafts era. Plus, enjoy the convenience and luxury of our exclusive concierge lounge and additional concierge amenities.

Premium View Concierge:
Compliment the timeless elegance of your meticulously appointed room with a spectacular view of the dynamic energy of Disney California Adventure® Park. Plus, enjoy the convenience and luxury of our exclusive concierge lounge and additional concierge amenities.
6504 Park View (Left) (Center) Right
6502 1 BR Villa March 2011
5518 Theme Park View Oct 2013
5502 1 BR Villa Dec 2010 "Park View"
5502 1 BR Villa Dec 2010 (fog)
5450 Sept 2010 "Park View"
5440 Sept 2012 "Park View"
5329 1 BR Suite March 2012 Right
5302 January 2011
5220 March 2010 "Park View"
5208 January 2010 "Pool View"
5207 1 BR Villa December 2010 "Pool View"
4510 January 2011 "Park View"
3508 1 BR Villa May 2010 "Park View"
4424 February 2012 Left
3508 1BR Villa August 2010 "Park View"
3355 February 2011 "Park View" (Center) (Left) (Right)
3340 "Standard View" August 2011 (Center)(Left)
3105 "Standard View" June 2010
3010 "Pool View" Oct 2011 [URL="http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/kimst22/IMG_0958.jpg"](Left) [/URL]
2228 Feb 2011 "Pool View"
2217 Feb 2011 "Standard View" (Center) (Left) (Right)

I am starting a collection of room views on the thread. If you have a room view you would like to share, please post up a pic along with the room number and the date. My goal is to have a collection of room views so people can see if they like the view in that part of the hotel. This is difficult to do with just satellite and areal photographs. I will be re-posting this post later on so people who skipped over it will have a chance to see it.

Starting off, this is our room view from March 2010. Room 5220

Any chance you could list what type of a room view that is? We haven't stayed at the GC before but have booked a DTD view for our first trip. Which rooms would have such a view?

Any chance you could list what type of a room view that is? We haven't stayed at the GC before but have booked a DTD view for our first trip. Which rooms would have such a view?

Good point. Ill edit the above post to include view type. The room was booked as a theme park view.

The rooms that have a DTD view are on the North Side of the hotel and have the odd-numbered rooms from X135-X167 (West Wing) and X419-X449 (East Wing)

P1000953.jpg

This is 4510, DVC Studio, theme park view..pretty well blocked as you can see

the d o o r

P1010324.jpg

..and the piano player

P1000951-1.jpg

and this is number not remembered but Jack had the same room so maybe he does..DVC 1 BR villa park view..before the big ugly came down

dl510050.jpg

P1000953.jpg

the d o o r

P1010324.jpg

..and the piano player

P1000951-1.jpg

and this is number not remembered but Jack had the same room so maybe he does..DVC 1 BR villa park view..before the big ugly came down

dl510050.jpg

Thanks Nunzia, adding. Do you have the date of the 4510 by any chance?

January 19-22..we just got back :)
..and the other one, the 1 BR, was last May.

Thanks, and would you happen to remember what floor it was and how close it was to the elevators? I'm trying to get the room number by the maps of the villa wing on the superthread.:)

Does anyone have photos of their view from VGC?

I know there is a link on the first post of this thread, but there is only one on it!:confused3 I know there has to be more photos somewhere!:goodvibes

Thanks!

P1000953.jpg

the d o o r

P1010324.jpg

..and the piano player

P1000951-1.jpg

dl510050.jpg

3508 1 bedroom Villa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter