Grand Californian Super Thread

We check in on Tuesday to GCH with a premium view. We have 5 people. 2 adults, 6yo, 13 yr old and 14 yr old. We booked through Orbitz. Should I call Disney for any specific room requests? And any requests that are recommended with premium view rooms for 5? It's our first stay so I'm completely unfamiliar with the resort. Should I request a rollaway?

I wondered about bunks but my teens are both 5'9" already so they'd be miserable on the bunks. I'm bringing an air mattress just in case. I may try calling just to see what our options will be. Now I'm wishing I had booked a standard view

I wondered about bunks but my teens are both 5'9" already so they'd be miserable on the bunks. I'm bringing an air mattress just in case. I may try calling just to see what our options will be. Now I'm wishing I had booked a standard view
We went down the bunk bed path via phone in researching our first trip with GCH staff (I didn't know about dis boards lol) the first time out fam of 5 booked GCH and they are indeed children's size bunks beds so at 5'9" no way. We booked standard rooms and got lucky with a day be one. We were told if day bed rooms were not available we would be given a sleeping bag. If this really ways on your mind is rebooking an option for you? Orbitz was fully refundable up to x number of days before the trip last time we booked GCH through them. If rebooking down to standard isn't an option or you really want that premium view bringing your own air mattress is the best play our fam has come up with. (Some people just rest it up against a wall so they don't have to refill it every night FYI.)

Well we are waiting for our room to be ready but apparently we have a room with two queens and a daybed with premium view. Tonight is pool view and tomorrow we switch to park view. Also a room with two queens and a daybed. So I'm happy we don't have to deal with a rollaway/air mattress or sleeping bag for our 5th person.

Well we are waiting for our room to be ready but apparently we have a room with two queens and a daybed with premium view. Tonight is pool view and tomorrow we switch to park view. Also a room with two queens and a daybed. So I'm happy we don't have to deal with a rollaway/air mattress or sleeping bag for our 5th person.
Please post some pictures of the daybed in your pool and park view rooms. Include room numbers (perhaps after you check out).

I love Grand it is our favorite hotel, yes it is expensive but there are group rates with events and some discounts, but it is so worth the price.

Very excited that we just switched our trip from WDW to Disneyland and we are staying at the Grand Californian. We are staying in a DVC one bedroom for 4 nights.

Question... Do a lot of people get groceries delivered. I'll be 5 months pregnant and I'm still having aversions to some foods. If anyone gets groceries delivered, is it similar to WDW Garden Grocer? Where do people usually order from?

Thank you!

Please post some pictures of the daybed in your pool and park view rooms. Include room numbers (perhaps after you check out).

The CM said daybed but our first room was most certainly a rollaway. It was comfy though and works perfectly. I'll post if out next room is a daybed or rollaway.

Very excited that we just switched our trip from WDW to Disneyland and we are staying at the Grand Californian. We are staying in a DVC one bedroom for 4 nights.

Question... Do a lot of people get groceries delivered. I'll be 5 months pregnant and I'm still having aversions to some foods. If anyone gets groceries delivered, is it similar to WDW Garden Grocer? Where do people usually order from?

Thank you!
We just went on our first DVC trip in November, and it was in a 1-bedroom at VGC. Loved it! Yes, Von's delivers. You can order online ahead of time. We have used this service many times and always had great results. You can sign up for a new account and get free delivery. Have a blast, and congrats on your new little one to be! :goodvibes

We will be coming for the weekend before Easter, March 18-20, using a Mini GayDay rate. We usually stay in a premium deluxe theme park view room when we come for Christmas, but this will be a standard room this time. However, we are bringing our service dog and really need an easy access to the green space at the hotel. Any suggestions? Our room at Christmas was #5242. It was close to the elevator and close to the lawn. Any ides for us to make a request?

We will be coming for the weekend before Easter, March 18-20, using a Mini GayDay rate. We usually stay in a premium deluxe theme park view room when we come for Christmas, but this will be a standard room this time. However, we are bringing our service dog and really need an easy access to the green space at the hotel. Any suggestions? Our room at Christmas was #5242. It was close to the elevator and close to the lawn. Any ides for us to make a request?
Request to be near elevators in the Vacation Club wing (VGC), the same as your previous visit. There are 3 groups of elevators, and the VGC elevators have the most direct access to lawn (either outside the pools or between the hotel and Goofys Sky School). There are also a few ground floor rooms, also near the VGC wing.

Hi, a friend win a Disneyland trip from work! The flyer she received says she gets a two night stay at the Grand Californian Hotel. "The condo sleeps up to 4." They told her it was their time share, so to me that means DVC. Can anyone tell me what they mean by "condo"? She invited my mom, my daughter, and me to go with her, so I'm trying to figure out what the room layout might be. Any ideas?

Hi, a friend win a Disneyland trip from work! The flyer she received says she gets a two night stay at the Grand Californian Hotel. "The condo sleeps up to 4." They told her it was their time share, so to me that means DVC. Can anyone tell me what they mean by "condo"? She invited my mom, my daughter, and me to go with her, so I'm trying to figure out what the room layout might be. Any ideas?
Maybe a studio in the dvc wing?

Last edited:
Scored a studio on a waitlist for August 17-20 for our first anniversary. I've only ever stayed one night at PPH before so I'm super excited. Plus it's *my* first DVC stay! I can't wait for our trip. We'll be in the parks 5 days moving to a motel afterwards. I'm so excited!!!

Request to be near elevators in the Vacation Club wing (VGC), the same as your previous visit. There are 3 groups of elevators, and the VGC elevators have the most direct access to lawn (either outside the pools or between the hotel and Goofys Sky School). There are also a few ground floor rooms, also near the VGC wing.

Are there standard rooms over there?

Are there standard rooms over there?
There are many standard rooms in this area.

Red: VGC elevators
Yellow: upper floors park view, lower floors standard, also ground floor rooms.
Green: pool view
Orange: standard view

map_gch_standard_web.jpg
(floor by floor maps of this area of the hotel are linked in my signature)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter