Grand Californian/Aulani with resale points?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by magicbob, Apr 29, 2014.

1. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

I think I already know the answer, but would like to verify...

Since the Grand Californian has DVC villas, you can use resale points from a FL home resort to stay there, correct (assuming availability)?

Staying at non-DVC "Disney collection" resorts is not possible, but any DVC resort is (at least for now) fair game, right?

Aulani too, correct?

I understand that the booking window is tighter for trying to reserve at a resort other than where you bought. But just want to verify that, if you can get a reservation, you can use points from a resale contract to book at these locations. Thanks.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. bwvBound

bwvBound DVC SSR & other timeshare

Correct!

4. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

Thanks. I thought so, but wanted to make sure I hadn't conjured something in my mind with respect to those locations.

5. zavandor

zavandor DIS Veteran

"Assuming availability" is the key.
    Grand Californian is a resort with high demand and very little availability (the DVC part of the hotel is very small).
    Getting a reservation there can be very problematic all year around and certainly would require to book exactly at 7 months, above all if you will need studios.

Yes, you can use any DVC points there but it won't be easy.