Grand Beach Resort

jmh

Mouseketeer
I posted this review as a reply to someone specifically asking about this resort, so I thought I would just go ahead and post it here too.

We stayed at the grand beach resort in 12/2005 and absolutely loved it! We had a 3 bedroom unit and it was beautiful, very clean, and VERY SPACIOUS! Our party included myself, DH, DS3, my Mom and Dad, so the 3 bedroom was absolutely perfect for us. The 3 bedroom has two huge master suites with queen or king beds (I'm pretty sure they were king, but can't swear to it) and private baths- one with a jetted tub, the other with an equally large non-jetted tub, both also have large showers. The third bedroom was very reasonably sized with two twin beds, a dresser, end table and closet. And the third bath was a decent size also with a tub/shower combo.

The resort does not have a restaurant, but it's location is awesome- very close to disney and all types of restaurants and shopping. I guess it really depends on what type of resort you like. I think this resort is considered to be a bit quiet and intimate. It is much, much smaller than the Sheraton Vistana (which is located right across the street) but it also doesn't have some of the amenities of the larger resorts either (namely restaurants). For us it was perfect because we prefer the more intimate, less crowded atmosphere of the resort, we had a car and there were a lot of restaurants in the area we wanted to try. Plus you have a full size kitchen so you could even prepare meals if you wish. The resort has 2 pools. Both pool areas have a kiddie pool and hottub, but neither have a slide or any water features that would make them particularly exciting to kids. However, but both pool areas were beautiful and the pools themselves were spotlessly clean. My only complaint about the pools was they could have been a bit more heated (which of course is not an issue in the summer, but it was in December!). Actually that would probably be my only complaint (and I would be hard pressed to even call it a complaint) of the entire resort.

As you can tell, we were very please with our visit, and would glady stay there again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter