Graduation Party Favor Ideas

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by My2BabiesLexis&Dill, Mar 7, 2011.

1. My2BabiesLexis&Dill

My2BabiesLexis&Dill DIS Veteran

Hello all...I know you all are full of great information so I have to ask...

I am helping my mom plan my sisters graduation and we need some ideas for the party favors. Were not looking for something expensive and big...but a small token to remember the event. There will be her friends there and the family. So we need favors for ages 7-70. Thanks for any ideas.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ldvcshop

ldvcshop Earning My Ears

I had an idea which I wanted to do, but mine are boys so they are not sentimental. I wanted to make a 3x5 size photo book which included photos of the recipient and family along with ours. If it is a family affair, it would be easy to make either a CD of photos with a nice label commemorating the event to give everyone. Shots from babyhood on up with all the extended family members and friends. If it is friends you could do a separate photo group of school photos, field trips, clubs, the school, teachers, etc.

For our MS graduation we did a video and slide show which did take hours and hours, but after it was all edited and polished it was a wonderful memory for everyone. The cost was minimal, the DVDs, labels, software, and a lot of time.

Good luck! Whatever you come up with will be fantastic!

4. dthogue

dthogue DIS Veteran

We made candy bar warppers for my DD's high school graduation, and used Hershey bars.

5. Anne34

Anne34 DIS Veteran

How did you do this? Is there a free site to use? My DD graduates in June and this is an idea I'd like to use.

6. DisneyCrazy2

DisneyCrazy2 Mouseketeer

What are your sister's plans after graduation? Sometimes the party favors can be connected to her plans.

7. Bearvet

Bearvet DIS Veteran

For DS22 I made small bags of M & Ms in his school colors (maroon and white) tied with curly ribbons (same colors) and a note. For DS18 this year I plan to do a candy buffet using candy in his school colors - blue and red. People can make up their own goody bags.

The other thing I did for DS22 was order personalized frisbees and used them as paper plate holders (just flip them over - works great)- then people could keep the frisbee. I used white fribees with maroon letters, then maroon paper plates in them. Lots of compliments!

On the frisbee I had them put Congratulations Name! High School name and year. Then something about the college he would be attending, along with a graduation cap. Not cheap but very cool - we still have some 4 years later!

8. mgrebenc

mgrebenc Mouseketeer

I saw the cutest idea, maybe on here, years ago. Buy a bunch of cheapo sunglasses, like from Dollar Tree. Attach a tag that says "Susie's future is so bright, you gotta wear shades."

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

Go to vistaprint.com and have refrigerator magnets made up.

I include some in our Christmas cards every year!

10. dis2cruise

dis2cruise Long Island, NY

For my son last year I had a candy buffet so this year I cant do the same thing for my daughter so this thread is a great one!

11. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

We did a candy buffet at my DSs too. It was lots of fun!

12. The Princess

The Princess <font color=green>Smiles everytime a check is writ

My dd graduates this year also and I think we are going to do a candy buffet....now I just can't decide between a cake or just cupcakes??

13. linnylu

linnylu Mouseketeer

We are also doing a candy buffet! I'd like to put a label on the box/bag that the guests will fill. Any clever ideas for what to write?

14. mrsboz

mrsboz DIS Veteran

subscribing. thanks.

15. My2BabiesLexis&Dill

Thanks for the ideas so far. Keep them coming.

16. brymolmom

brymolmom DIS Veteran

WOW - I never heard of favors for graduations parties. So I guess the most budget-friendly thing to do would be to skip it. :)

17. jstbcuz

jstbcuz DIS Veteran

We did this with the mini Hersheys candys (Goodbar, Krackel, Hersheys Dark, etc) when she signed to play softball at the local junior college. It was a fun little thing.

18. My2BabiesLexis&Dill

19. DisneyCrazy2

DisneyCrazy2 Mouseketeer

I love this idea!! Too cute.

We went to a graduation open house last year for a student entering pre-pharmacy and they filled old prescription bottles with M&Ms and attached a cute prescription label. It was very creative!

20. My2BabiesLexis&Dill

I ran this by my mom and both of us agreed, this was too cute! We may be doing this.