Graduation Gift ideas for HS, College, & Doctorate

smkiya

<font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta
My husbands nephew graduated from college Magna Cum Laude. He lives with his mother who just earned her Doctorate, his (half) sister who just graduated high school, and his stepfather. We haven't seen him or his family since his fathers (my brother in law) funeral almost 10 years ago. His mom is throwing a graduation party and I was able to rearrange my work schedule to go.

We are on a strict budget, paying off debt, and can't really spend too much money. We are traveling out of state for this and will be paying for a hotel. I want to get something nice for all three of them, but have no idea what (within a budget). I don't know them very well, but I do know they are all athletic. My nephew will be continuing on for his master's also.

Please help me!!!

I don't really have a suggestion for the nephew but for his mother I'd just get her some flowers. Beautiful, simple yet thoughtful. The sister I would get a tshirt for the college she is going to go to. If you go on the college websites you can usually find one for around $15-$20. I've done the tshirt thing the last couple of years and the graduate loves it. I also do this for 8th grade graduations. I get a tshirt for the high school they are going to go to.

Have a great time!!

My husband did not receive any gifts from extended family when he received his PhD in chemistry last summer. I only brought this up because I am not entirely sure as to the relationship the nephew's mother is to your husband. :thumbsup2

I don't really have a suggestion for the nephew but for his mother I'd just get her some flowers. Beautiful, simple yet thoughtful. The sister I would get a tshirt for the college she is going to go to. If you go on the college websites you can usually find one for around $15-$20. I've done the tshirt thing the last couple of years and the graduate loves it. I also do this for 8th grade graduations. I get a tshirt for the high school they are going to go to.

Have a great time!!

Great idea with the college gear! That's one gift down!

Flowers are another great gift, that's 2 gifts!

Now all I need is a gift for my nephew.

My husband did not receive any gifts from extended family when he received his PhD in chemistry last summer. I only brought this up because I am not entirely sure as to the relationship the nephew's mother is to your husband. :thumbsup2

The only relationship she and dh has is that she is his nephews mother. However, we still consider her as family and she is hosting us to come. She even invited us to stay with them when we go.

When I got my JD, my parents bought everyone dinner (as part of my present) and most of my family gave me work related things. My grandfather got me a very nice handmade pen set, I got a business card holder etc..

For the recent college grad... you can usually buy clothing from the college with the Alumni on it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter