Got to tour a BLT GV and see the lounge and deck!

LadyTrampScamp&Angel

DIS Veteran
And all I can say is . . . WOW!

The views are incredible, the GV huge! It has an exceptionally nice laundry room, a flat screen tv recessed into the wall in the area of the master vanity and a phone by the master toilet. These features were emphasized by the guide. The windows and view are my favorite part - I could sit there and be happy to just gaze out :)

We were told that only guests staying at BLT would be able to access the walkway from 4th floor CR with their keycard. There is some frosted glass on one side, on just a part of the walkway because there is a maintenance area below that would detract from the magic.

The unit we saw had it's main entry on the 15th floor and there is also an entry door from the 16th floor, similar to the two entry doors in a SSR GV. The round lounge on the 16th floor can only be accessed by DVC members, even if you are staying at the BLT, if you aren't a member, no go. The deck around the lounge is quite big and has a great view of the castle for fireworks watching.

I took some pics that I'll post, hopefully I'll get that up in a few days.

The round lounge on the 16th floor can only be accessed by DVC members, even if you are staying at the BLT, if you aren't a member, no go. The deck around the lounge is quite big and has a great view of the castle for fireworks watching.

Do you know if a DVC member can get to the lounge if you are staying at another DVC resort at the time?

To me it sounded like DVC members staying at BLT at the time, but I could be wrong. I guess we'll know when it opens soon. I have an aunt who is a BLT member and is staying there a week after it opens - I'll ask her about that.

If the viewing lounge goes as the viewing lounge at the BWV goes, we won't have it for very long. While it has been said that Disney did NOT use this as a selling pioint for BLT, my guess is it will only be available for a short time to DVC members before it goes out to rent to private parties and is no longer considered an amenity for members.

When I called and made my reservations last week I was told you did NOT have to be a DVC member to go to the observation deck, you just have to be STAYING at BLT!!!

It seems everyone who calls gets a different answer!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter