got the call and don't know what to do-Help!

BethA

DIS Veteran
I got a call today from our TA. We had been wast listed for 2 years for a cat 1 for 2007--when I did not expect the Med itinerary. She said we could have a cat 3 on June 16 or a cat 3 on June 27 and I have to tell them in the morning!! The cat 1 and 2s are booked already.

HELP!!!!

I have gone back and forth on this. Do I want to spend that much? But it's DCL. Do I want a cruise that may end up being commando style? Can I turn down a suite and then hate myself when I read the trip reports? How much will it really cost with air and tours? You know DCL will make it a very special experience.

HELP!!!

Had they not called me I might have held out not booking, now I don't know what to do? Does anyone know if 8032 connects to the room next to it?

I don't want to lose the deposit if we change our mind--can it be transferred if we make another reservation instead.

Please give your input. I have to call first thing tomorrow.

thanks,
Beth

8032 appears to be next door to the Walt suite (does not connect to that room) and according to the deck plan it looks like it connects to 8034 (another category 3 room).

Peer Pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do it!!
Do it!!!
Do it!!!
Do it!!!
Do it!!!
Do it!!!

If you don't want to spend all that money then wait until the 4th and book a cat 8 or 9 with the rest of us poor folks!

also....correct me if i am wrong...but i think this may be one of the "midship" cat 3 that are almost double the size of the other cat 3 cabins....

just something to think about!!! :thumbsup2

I looked it up-it does connect to another cat 3. I had hoped it connected to a cat 4 for the rest of my family--if they decide to go.

It is right next to the Walt suite.

Any speculaton on amount of onboard ativities and shows with all the port days?
If I had won the powerball I wouldn't have to think twice!

I say DO IT....

If budget is swingable then .... why not? If you were more open minded about the alternatives then you would already know your answer and consider elsewhere OR you woul d not have posted your quandry here.

SO --- please do it and get some pleasnt dreams while you sleep soundly. You will NOT look back and have any regrets... guaranteed! :thumbsup2

I'm pretty sure I've been in 8032 -- our TA had during the Aug Repo - nice cabin - big verandah. :thumbsup2

GO FOR IT!

I did!

DD ususally isn't excited about cruising but for some reason this time she's telling everybody! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

j

they only said those 2 weeks were booked for 1 & 2--didn't ask about the others.

I think I'm going to take it as long as I have an option with the deposit.

Thanks to everyone.

BethA said:
they only said those 2 weeks were booked for 1 & 2--didn't ask about the others.

I think I'm going to take it as long as I have an option with the deposit.

Thanks to everyone.
Not sure what you mean by "option with the deposit." The new DCL policy is that cat 1-3 room deposits are now nonrefundable. There's some speculation that they are transferrable (to a different cat on the same ship, or to a different sailing) but since that's not spelled out in the official policy I wouldn't count on it.

BethA said:
I had hoped it connected to a cat 4 for the rest of my family
Unfortunately there are no connections across categories (like a cat 6 and cat 7 or cat 3 and cat 4, etc.). Rooms only connect to other rooms in the same category.

ivanova said:
Unfortunately there are no connections across categories (like a cat 6 and cat 7 or cat 3 and cat 4, etc.). Rooms only connect to other rooms in the same category.

We were in 8022 (cat 3) and there is a connecting door to 8024 (cat 4). Looking at the deck plans, there are a total of 4 category 3/category 4 connecting cabins: 8022/24, 8522/24, 8080/8082 and 8582/84.

I say go for it!!! We are on the June 16th cruise in a Cat 1 and we would love to have more DISers on that cruise. :thumbsup2

Take that room! We had it for the special 7 day New Year's Eve Magic cruise Tues. to Tues. '04 - '05. The room is huge compared to the other cat. 3's. The verandah is three sections wide verses two sections for the cat. 3 we were just in 8548. The Murphy bed is in the living room area not in the master bed room. It is in a great location, and even though the lift's are right there it is a quiet location. Kathy

We had the two Connecting Cat 3 suites after a bit of a foul-up with our reservation - with 7 people for an Eastern it was a fantastic experience. To have 4 bathrooms - getting ready for dinner or the day nirvana (usually we have 5 in a Cat 4). The extra long verandahs are to die for.

My wife got our call for the Med cruise this morning - she asked about Cat 1 and Cat 2 for any July or August cruise and she was told the requests for those had been faxed in over 2 years ago!

Also, if the Deck Map on the website is correct, there are 4 Cat 3s that connect to Cat 4s.

If you can afford the Cat 3 - take it!

:thumbsup2 Got connecting Cat. 3's with our friends.........

We're in the same boat as you BethA. We now have such a short period of time to decide if we're gonna take it! What to do, what to do?? <insert biting nails here> :crazy:

ivanova said:
Not sure what you mean by "option with the deposit." The new DCL policy is that cat 1-3 room deposits are now nonrefundable. There's some speculation that they are transferrable (to a different cat on the same ship, or to a different sailing) but since that's not spelled out in the official policy I wouldn't count on it.

We have been in a connecting 3/4 combo :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter