Got some pixie dust with my waitlist

canadiandisneymommy

Mouseketeer
My 7 month window opened for a Dec. 1 check in and I was really hoping for an MK resort studio room. Didn't get one so I wait listed for a LV and SV studio at BLT for three nights (Dec. 1-4). This morning (2 days later) I logged into my DVC account and usually I see both of my wait lists right on my dashboard but I only saw one; however, I when I checked the wait list section, it showed both wait lists so I figured it was just a glitch. Anywho, I had to call Member Services regarding something else and the CM mentioned that it looked like one of my wait lists was about to go through. She put me on hold to confirm that she could turn it into an official reservation and came back and said she could do it. I told her I had really wanted a Poly studio but didn't think I had much of a chance and didn't bother wait listing it but she said she's seen a lot of wait lists for Poly go through and that she recommended I should do it. So now I have a wait list for Poly but at least I have an MK resort, which I'm super happy about! Out of curiosity, I asked her how the wait lists worked and she said it was a two part process where the first was an automatic match up done by the system and then a CM has to also turn that wait list into an official reservation so it's half automatic/half human process.

Congrats! I was logged on and ready to book PVB std view yesterday at 8 AM for Dec 2-6, and between the time the search results came back and I hit the button to book it, the room was gone :sad1: So I waitlisted it. I already have BLT standard for those dates since that is one of my home resorts, so like you, I am covered if it does not come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter