Got Scammed!!

You know you could be banned in a heart beat for this? Trading for credits is against the rules so I wouldn't report to staff or you might get banned.

if she was offering magic and more besides credit, why didn't the fact that she did not put those items into the trade when u were giving her that stuff alert you?? I have done alot of credit trades and have been fortunate. Sorry that happened, but you should've seen that one comming.

You know you could be banned in a heart beat for this? Trading for credits is against the rules so I wouldn't report to staff or you might get banned.

i totally agree with side steppin

Trading for credits is not against the rules. It was stated in a Q&A thread on the newsletter that they would prefer you didnt do it. The reason why is obvious because just like the OP is writing, a scam is a very big risk when doing so. But never has it been against the rules

This might help when trading with a player for credits you do not know and giving lots of items. Do it in small trades. 20,000 credits for say these many items. So if the person it out to scam you they will not get as much. I hope they catch this player becausing even though it is virtual stuff it is still stealing and stealing is ban able .

aww. dont worry, im sure youll get your items back. :(
may i have the name of the scammers name pmed to me?

Trading for Credits is not against the rulesjust echoing what Aengus already posted because everyone needs to read it again.

Maybe I'm crazy but I would never even consider trading for credits with anyone other than ppl I know on dis.. Even then I'm scared to death unless its someone I've dealt with in the past.. :scared:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune..

i have never had a problem with credit trades and i have done many, but i have also only done credit trades with fellow disers. i guess my only word of advice would be if it is someone you have not done credit trades with before , then get your item or items first. if they won't agree to it then just tell them no ty and end it there. patience on getting what you want will play a big factor as well. just remember there is always another player trading the item you want, so just shop around until you find someone willing to do it your way next.
sorry to hear about your loss and good luck to you on future trades.
:)

it might sound a little strange, but I have this rule when I do multi trade windows and credit trades.

I ask myself. If this person scams me, how bad will I feel?

Am I ok with that?

I dont think about how bad I want what I am about to get, that will cloud your better judgement. Use your head, not your heart when doing this.

i have never had a problem with credit trades and i have done many, but i have also only done credit trades with fellow disers. i guess my only word of advice would be if it is someone you have not done credit trades with before , then get your item or items first. if they won't agree to it then just tell them no ty and end it there. patience on getting what you want will play a big factor as well. just remember there is always another player trading the item you want, so just shop around until you find someone willing to do it your way next.
sorry to hear about your loss and good luck to you on future trades.
:)

i know i have done many trades with people on the dis and many trades with the people on VMK and i have got scammed by both people the reason i did the trade with this person was beause this person did trade with my friend, and my friend said they did not get scammed by the person so it would be ok. so i trusted the person with the credits. but guess i should have not done the trade with them. thanks for all the kind words and i will try to be more carefull from now on.

p.s i am sending the name of this person to all that have asked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter