• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Got off the Fantasy today, any questions?

Bridgett_Anna

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! Today, I left the Fantasy, but I'm super upset because it's over.... Lol. So does anyone have any questions for me? I went on a Western 7-night cruise :)

Hi! We are going soon on the Western 7 night! Which excursions did you do? Would you recommend them?
Were there young kids in your party? Thanks!!

Curious about if you had young kids and if so, did you do anything in Jamaica? We have a turning 5 dd on the cruise and we just didnt find anything we really HAD/MUST do in Jamaica.

Hi! We are going soon on the Western 7 night! Which excursions did you do? Would you recommend them?
Were there young kids in your party? Thanks!!

Hello! You are going to have so much fun!
Excursions:
Cozumel: 12 meter regatta sailing
Grand Cayman: snorkel reef and ship

Since you have small kids, I do not recommend the Regatta Sailing because it is A LOT of work. But, It was so much fun. There is a Dolphin Excursion that you could go on. I hear lots of great things about it. The Snorkel was very fun. There were more kids than adults that went, and they seemed to have a great time.

Curious about if you had young kids and if so, did you do anything in Jamaica? We have a turning 5 dd on the cruise and we just didnt find anything we really HAD/MUST do in Jamaica.

I did not travel with kids, but I have friends who did. I agree, there aren't really any excursions that seem to interest me. I got off of the ship for about 30 minutes and came back on. The port itself was very nice. But warning: I went into one of the Shops that had kid toys and T-shirts. Right next to the toys were Bongs and VERY inappropriate ash trays. I would send a parent in before the kids go in to make sure that they don't see anything that you wouldn't want them to see. I heard that outside of the port is pretty bad. You get those people getting in your face asking if you want to buy something, go on a bus ride, ect. My advice: Just stay inside the port. It is really nice. But double check to stores before having your kids going in.

Hello everyone! Today, I left the Fantasy, but I'm super upset because it's over.... Lol. So does anyone have any questions for me? I went on a Western 7-night cruise :)

We got off today too! But I'm super exhusted, so I'm happy to be home. It was great and the ship is amazing, but wow, did we do a lot!

My husband and 6 yo son did the Green Grotto caves in Jamaica and they loved it! They raved about it. But I believe the minimum age for that excursion might be 6.

I did not travel with kids, but I have friends who did. I agree, there aren't really any excursions that seem to interest me. I got off of the ship for about 30 minutes and came back on. The port itself was very nice. But warning: I went into one of the Shops that had kid toys and T-shirts. Right next to the toys were Bongs and VERY inappropriate ash trays. I would send a parent in before the kids go in to make sure that they don't see anything that you wouldn't want them to see. I heard that outside of the port is pretty bad. You get those people getting in your face asking if you want to buy something, go on a bus ride, ect. My advice: Just stay inside the port. It is really nice. But double check to stores before having your kids going in.

Yeah we were thinking of just walking around in the port (not outside the gates). Thanks for the heads up at the bongs LOL. That would've been interesting considering our 16 year old would be with us also. Was the ship less crowded so Aquaduck wasnt busy?

Gah!! We will be on the same cruise in less than a week!:) I haven't done well with my planning this time, so I'm a little panicked. Was there a formal night? I didn't see one on the calendar. Also, what movies are showing now? My kids have been wondering. I know I'm going to have more questions..... Thanks!

WE just got off too, shows as in movies Alice in Wonderland, BFG, captain america, finding dory
Yes there is a formal night

WE just got off too, shows as in movies Alice in Wonderland, BFG, captain america, finding dory
Yes there is a formal night
Ack! I better get prepared since we hit the road in 3 days! Is there only one dress up night? I read somewhere that on some cruises there is a formal AND a semi-formal. Do I need to be prepared for 2? And where in the world do I find dress up closes for my husky 10 year old boy? (That's probably a question for another board. Lol.)

Ack! I better get prepared since we hit the road in 3 days! Is there only one dress up night? I read somewhere that on some cruises there is a formal AND a semi-formal. Do I need to be prepared for 2? And where in the world do I find dress up closes for my husky 10 year old boy? (That's probably a question for another board. Lol.)

We were just on the Fantasy - there is a Formal and an "optional dress-up" night. Not everyone participates in either, so don't worry about it. Dress up if you want to.

The Captain was Commodore Tom, and the Cruise Director was Natalie.

I was actually asking about the Cruise Staff team, who work for the Cruise Director running all of the family and adult activities, such as trivia, karaoke, dance parties, bingo, etc. They are most often seen wearing red and blue horizontal striped shirts. Do you remember any of them?

I was actually asking about the Cruise Staff team, who work for the Cruise Director running all of the family and adult activities, such as trivia, karaoke, dance parties, bingo, etc. They are most often seen wearing red and blue horizontal striped shirts. Do you remember any of them?

I remember a Maxx and "Dollar Dino (sp?)" for Bingo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter