Got my package from Disney today - included freebies!!!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by HayGan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. HayGan

HayGan We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)<b

I received my travel docs for my September trip today and addition to the super cool luggage tags (which I now have a bunch of) I was shocked that it included a voucher for a FREE Planet Hollywood keepsake as well as a Planet Hollywood meal voucher. The meal voucher is good for a FREE select entree as well as one non-alcoholic beverage. :cool1:

Are these new? I've never heard of these before.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bbangel

bbangel <font color=green>My friends call me the font of u

It is part of the package this year. The "keepsake" is a keychain apparently.

4. HayGan

Thanks! I had no idea. As if they free dining weren't enough they just had to give me more free food. It will be great for a quick lunch on our AKL/DTD day!

5. deltachi8

deltachi8 Smells of rich mahogany

Hi! When did you book and did you do it on your own or with a TA?

Our trip is in 18 days, booked through a TA and I have recieved nothing from Disney...just curious...

6. Cruz Family

Cruz Family DIS Veteran

Just so you know the voucher is for only one person in your party. The choices are a burger, a pasta dish, and another that I cant think of right now.

7. HayGan

I booked directly through WDW on-line. The package is very similar to the one I received with my AAA package last year except fo rthese new vouchers!

Did you receive a package from your TA?

8. HayGan

Thanks! I did know that. It will be nice to just to split it as a snack. We have a breakfast at Boma one day and then a late dinner at Raglan Road. Having this means we can stop in and just grab a light lunch :cool1:

9. Minnie824

Minnie824 DIS Veteran

We have not received our package yet, but I expect to be getting the same. Is your name on the Planet Hollywood meal voucher? We have no plans on going there, and I was wondering if it could be passed to someone else, or has to be used by a specific person whose name is on it.

10. deltachi8

Just a n email confirmation....

11. ShellyBelly

ShellyBelly DIS Veteran

I also noticed that the fine print said no take-out!!

12. HayGan

No it does not have my name on it and it says it is good through Dec 31, 2006. If I don't use it this trip I might just save mine for our December trip.

13. GoldenAfternoon

GoldenAfternoon DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing :) Can't wait until mine comes!

14. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

One free meal will not be enough to get us to Planet Hollywood. We used a "free voucher" the year before last and it didn't include much. We have eaten there three times and the food has not be good ever.

15. jrnunzio3

jrnunzio3 DIS Veteran

I got my documents today. I wasn't even expecting anything, thought that I had everything that I would need and just get the extra vouchers at time of check in. What a nice surprise. Can't wait to get to Disney in just over a month. :banana:

Forgot to add, my name IS on my free Planet Hollywood voucher, I would think they might ask for ID, but maybe not.

JR

16. mking624

mking624 DIS Veteran

HayGan, according to our tickers, I arrive 3 days after you...so hopefully I'll be seeing my docs soon!!

17. stina

stina Maximum Magic Maker

I am scheduled for a Sept. 9 trip. I haven't seen my documents yet either. Still a little over a month out though, so there's time. Looking forward to that FREE food! Gonna try a whole bunch of things I would never think of spending $ on. I also decided to go ahead and splurge on MNSSHP tickets. I've never attended that before.

:) stina

18. momof1princess

momof1princess <font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex

we arrive sept. 10th, and haven't received any trip docs yet. oh well, there's always monday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. dodukes

dodukes DIS Veteran

I just got my stuff today for cehck in of Sept. 7th, woohoo, so maybe hte two above wil lget this week..i cant wait to eat al lthat food either!!!

20. snickerharley

snickerharley better be movin' along

I just got my ME vouchers and luggage tags.........when should I expect my documents for travel? (This is the first time I have gone without my parents or other family so i'm not all too sure when to expect things)

21. deltachi8

Im glad people are seeing their documents. Just curious, when would someone worry about not seeing them?

I know I will be fine if they dont arrive, I have my conformation email and can give ME my baggage claim tickets to get my bags, but....